PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watching the Game of the Week on NFL Network...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFPatsFan12

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
...makes you grit your teeth just a little bit more. We've already beaten the obvious into the ground (turnovers, phantom PI, etc.), but a few random thoughts:
-- Jake Plummer just looked like he was BEGGING to implode. Shanahan ripped into him a bit after the failed fade on fourth down in the second quarter. Even on the play-action rollout in the fourth, he took an extra three-four seconds before hitting a WIDE open Rod Smith downfield. He was nervous and when the game was close, made some bad reads and bad decisions.
-- I had actually forgotten how sharp Brady looked from the middle of the second quarter until his first fateful INT. He threw two absolute ropes to David Givens, had the discipline to find Deion Branch short on the flea-flicker, etc. The early troubles can be attributed to atrocious field position and communication breakdowns, but for the bulk of the first three quarters, Brady was actually on the mark when he had even a modicum of time to throw.
-- Wow, does the Broncos radio play-by-play guy suck. He sounded like he was calling home to ask if his wife needed anything from the store. I am appreciative of impartial play-by-play guys, and can't stand it when the guys in the booth hoot and holler and shout out "Oh baby!" during a play, but my God, show SOME fluctuation in your voice, man...
-- Gil Santos sounded like he was going to burst a vessel on Asante's PI call. I haven't heard him that worked up in a while.
-- The NFL Network annoucer continued the annoying trend recently of declaring the "dynasty dead" (even going so far as to say that the moment when Kevin Faulk fumbled would be the "moment historians looked back on as the death of a dynasty"). While this might be proven true in the long-run, I'd say 4 out of 6 would continue the run of dominance, eh gentlemen?

While the hour was pretty damn frustrating, it was soothing, in a way. This was the Patriots game for the taking, and for the first time during this whole spoiling run, they didn't do so. We have chastised fans criticizing how the Patriots didn't "win" games, so much as other teams lost them (i.e. Pittsburgh in the 2001 AFCC), so give credit to the Broncos for doing what they needed to do...but I'd be hard-pressed to say the run is over...

I can't believe you were able to watch it. The second it came on, I switched to Law & Order :D

wow

I couldn't bare to watch it! :bricks:

I have not turned on the nfl network for 4 days, I turn on it tonite and the blasted game was on... put in the 2004 dvd highlights.... that was it for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call