PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watching Patriots overseas

Status
Not open for further replies.

hallfamebrady

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I have to make a trip to Russia the week of September 19. I am trying to figure out a way to watch the Pats game in Moscow. The Pats play the Jets in NYC so the game is a must see.

Is it possible to watch live football overseas? Do bars have their equivalent of NFL Ticket in Europe?

I have seen every game on TV or in person since week 1 of the 1994 season and I want to keep my streak intact.

You can stream it live outside of North America with Yahoo! NFL gamepass. If your internet speed is OK then it should look good.

There's an eight hour time difference between the east coast and Moscow. So if that is where you are, then the game will kickoff at 5 am in Moscow. At that time of day the bartender will probably let you watch whatever you want.:D

The game starts at 1 PM ET. The start time in Moscow would be 9 PM. It would be like watching Sunday Night football

You're right, my mistake. Should have been adding eight hours rather than subtracting, I got it reversed.

I have to make a trip to Russia the week of September 19. I am trying to figure out a way to watch the Pats game in Moscow. The Pats play the Jets in NYC so the game is a must see.

Is it possible to watch live football overseas? Sure, but it very much depends on where you are and what is being sold to what satellite channel. In the UK, you can be fairly sure of getting MNF and SNF plus a couple of other Sunday games if you have Sky Satellite (Murdoch TV). It's much less certain elsewhere.

Do bars have their equivalent of NFL Ticket in Europe? Not so far as I know.

I have seen every game on TV or in person since week 1 of the 1994 season and I want to keep my streak intact. I was only in Moscow twice and that was a long time ago, but my hunch is that, if you're serious about this, you need to explore the internet route mentioned by Patjew.

Best of luck, Mike

P.S. I saw this site on the web. If I were you, I'd join and ask them. http://www.expat.ru/forum/

Last edited:
I use Justin.tv -- the game is usually streaming there

I usually check here for games NFL + CFL + AFL - MyP2P Forum there will be a "Week 1 Streaming" thread eventually where moderators will post links for the games. Most games are on Justin.tv, Ustream.tv, Sopcast, TVAnts. ATDHE also has some games usually same source. However this only applies if you have internet access, good luck tho :bye2:

What is the quality like on these internet sites? I was watching sopcast in florida during the preseason last year and the locally televised (WCVB) game was unwatchable. I'm assuming, perhaps erroneously, that a regional or national telecast might be better.

In Soviet Russia, game watch you!

yakov_thumbs_up.jpg

justin tv is good, i would really recommend myp2p.eu though. with a strong enough internet connection its good, but can be quite hit and miss depending on the streamer.

I would just advise using NFL Gamepass for that weekend (one weekend ppv). its really good HD quality, and youll get the CBS/Fox/TV coverage straight. youll have to pay, but you can be assured of the feed. just check it works in Moscow haha

Hope that helps,

Blader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call