PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watching 2001 Superbowl DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
BelichickFan said:
McGinnest grabbed Faulk and gave him a bear hug. It was clearly holding.

I will have to take a look at it again. You could be right, but from the quick glimpse I saw of it, it looked like it could have called either way. Technically, you could call holding every down, I guess. That penalty definitely came at a bad time. I am just glad it did not cost us in the end. ;)

EZ76

BigEZPatsFan76 said:
That penalty definitely came at a bad time. I am just glad it did not cost us in the end. ;)
It's actually a fun quesion : Knowing what we know now are you happy the penalty was called ?

One one hand, it would have ruled to win in a blowout. On the other hand, we wouldn't have had Brady's first big SB drive nor would we have had Adam's first SB winning kick.

BelichickFan said:
It's actually a fun quesion : Knowing what we know now are you happy the penalty was called ?

One one hand, it would have ruled to win in a blowout. On the other hand, we wouldn't have had Brady's first big SB drive nor would we have had Adam's first SB winning kick.

I like the way that it ended, making Adam, Tommy and BB hero's at the end. BUT, it also opened the floodgates for other to accuse us of just getting lucky or to offer that silly 9/11 conspiracy. It was the same with SB38 we got "lucky" when Kasey shanked that kickoff out of bounds. And again last year when McNabb went brain dead in the 4th quarter. Outsiders have come up with many excuses/reasons we should not have won anything.

I often pull out the 3 3GTG videos or the 3 SB videos when I'm bored. I even watch the 2002 highlight video every now and again. It's fun to go back and see history repeated when history has been so kind. And it also makes you appreciate certain players more when you go back and see how many big plays they had that helped win Championships. Guys like Faulk are easy to overlook until you go back and watch those tapes. Good stuff.

Brownfan80 said:
And it also makes you appreciate certain players more when you go back and see how many big plays they had that helped win Championships.

JR Redmond in that final drive was huge. His struggle for the 1st down and then to stop the clock was the key play of the drive IMHO. Wiggins is the other player, with the final few yards before Brady spiked the ball to stop the clock. Both have moved on, but I always think how these 2nd tier players were critical to that final drive and the win.

Moments I love from the Snow bowl:

The deflected ball on the sidelines which is tipped by one player (Patten? perhaps), and the ball bounces up to Wiggins (i think), who gets both feet down, and continues the drive.

Also, the ball which was thrown to the right sideline, it looked like it was intended for one player, who dove in the direction of the ball, and there was a let down, because everyone thought Tommy missed the mark, but he really just hit the other reciever in that direction.

Favorite 3GTG games:

I: snow bowl -- the kick and the stuff of Zack Crockett especially

II: the super bowl against Carolina -- one of the best ever

III: colts game and steelers game

I still think SB36 was not a great game except the ending (that's a big "except").

My favorite year was last year -- giving up 3 to the #1 offense and scoring 41 against the #1 defense should go down as one of the great playoff accomplishments -- up there with the back to back shutouts and 10 points allowed by the 85 Bears.

onegameatatime said:
My favorite year was last year -- giving up 3 to the #1 offense and scoring 41 against the #1 defense should go down as one of the great playoff accomplishments -- up there with the back to back shutouts and 10 points allowed by the 85 Bears.

Mine too. Last year's playoff games (SB was not so great, but oh well), were the most fun I had as a football fan. First, the Colts only score 3 against us, the offensive juggernaut, record-breaking Colts who were going to smoke us....3 points. And it should have been zero, because those three points were ONLY because we dropped an interception. Then we go INTO Pittsburgh and run up 41 against the #1 defense...the 15-1 (16-1 at the time), Big Ben can do no wrong Steelers. I remember listening to sports talk radio the next day and the best comment I heard was from Tony Kornheiser. While his guests were doing their usual analysis, all Tony had to say was "The Patriots are SO good. The Patriots are SO, SO good." And really, that was all there was to say after those performances.

for me the greatest moment was the Super Bowl win against Carolina.

that whole season had been nuts. our defense was so freakin good it was scary.

during the Texans game, my wife went into labor. after Tommy pulled out the win (that was miraculous), we went to the hospital and later that night, my son Brady was born.

the team didn't lose for the rest of that season. the Carolina game was SO intense, SO hard fought it was just nuts. Guys were breaking their arms, Delhomme was playing like Unitas, Tommy was brilliant, save that one interception and even the coaches made a bad mistake by squib kicking before half time.

That game was just crazy. When we were down 22-21, I was freaking out.

But Tommy wasn't. He just led the team down the field for an 8 point touchdown. Panthers tie it up, no problem.

Tommy was the MAN. And Adam came through on his 3rd FG, when we really needed him to.

THE greatest game I've ever seen.

BJ_McWild said:
for me the greatest moment was the Super Bowl win against Carolina.

that whole season had been nuts. our defense was so freakin good it was scary.

during the Texans game, my wife went into labor. after Tommy pulled out the win (that was miraculous), we went to the hospital and later that night, my son Brady was born.

the team didn't lose for the rest of that season. the Carolina game was SO intense, SO hard fought it was just nuts. Guys were breaking their arms, Delhomme was playing like Unitas, Tommy was brilliant, save that one interception and even the coaches made a bad mistake by squib kicking before half time.

That game was just crazy. When we were down 22-21, I was freaking out.

But Tommy wasn't. He just led the team down the field for an 8 point touchdown. Panthers tie it up, no problem.

Tommy was the MAN. And Adam came through on his 3rd FG, when we really needed him to.

THE greatest game I've ever seen.
OMG, you named your son Brady? I love it!!! What a great memory and a cool story to tell him when he gets older.

I want to name any future son I might have after Brady too.:)

Bella*chick said:
OMG, you named your son Brady? I love it!!! What a great memory and a cool story to tell him when he gets older.

screw that, any future son i have is going to be named:
Adam Braduschi Branch

Yeah, I was on one knee the whole drive, breathing a sigh of relief after Troy's catch, then Redmond's big one, then Wiggins...

I pretty much had the same reaction as Adam once the kick sailed through. Came pretty close to getting a few holes in the ceiling.

predictable effect

Garbanza said:
The first one is always the most memorable.....

For the Boston Sports Fan - purchase the DVD: City of Champions. A video montage set to some good music - the highs, the lows, the championships, the chokes, the legends...excellent, excellent DVD. I highly recommend it.
at some point during that dvd, i usually find that i have an enormous $h!t-eating grin on my face.
the best anti-depressant out there.

fleabassist1 said:
screw that, any future son i have is going to be named:
Adam Braduschi Branch

Braduschi....ROFL!!!!:rocker:

Bella*chick said:

I work with a lady who did that too! When she brought him in to show everyone for the first time he was wearing a baby Brady jersey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News