PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watching 2001 Superbowl DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill's Girl

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Since I have a little time off before the holidays, I am watching the 2001 SB DVD. It really is amazing how much like 2001 this season is turning out to be. That team did not have as many injuries as this team, but there was the same inconsistency we are seeing this year. Also, I cannot believe how young Tom Brady looks! And it is nice to see BB wearing something other than that ratty hoodie! He is in serious need of a fashion intervention.......

I always get a little teary during Tommy's final drive in the Superbowl and when Adam nails the game winning kick. Anyone else still get that way??

Bill's Girl said:
Since I have a little time off before the holidays, I am watching the 2001 SB DVD. It really is amazing how much like 2001 this season is turning out to be. That team did not have as many injuries as this team, but there was the same inconsistency we are seeing this year. Also, I cannot believe how young Tom Brady looks! And it is nice to see BB wearing something other than that ratty hoodie! He is in serious need of a fashion intervention.......

I always get a little teary during Tommy's final drive in the Superbowl and when Adam nails the game winning kick. Anyone else still get that way??

Actually, I sometimes feel like I did during that drive. I push the fact that it was sucessful into the back of my mind and act like it was happening real-time.

Bill's Girl said:

I remember it like it was yeterday. Madden saying to play for OT. Tom leading the team down field. Key catches by Brown, JR, Wiggin. Adam coming in. The warm wet feeling in my pants- the puddle on the floor by my feet. The ache in my head when I jumped and hit the ceiling as the ball was going through the uprights. The EMT standing over me with the heart defibulator.

I remember it all.

Last edited:
The first one is always the most memorable.....

For the Boston Sports Fan - purchase the DVD: City of Champions. A video montage set to some good music - the highs, the lows, the championships, the chokes, the legends...excellent, excellent DVD. I highly recommend it.

PATSNUTme said:
I remember it like it was yeterday. Madden saying to play for OT. Tom leading the team down field. Key catches by Brown, JR, Wiggin. Adam coming in. The warm wet feeling in my pants- the puddle on the floor by my feet. The ache in my head when I jumped and hit the ceiling as the ball was going through the uprights. The EMT standing over me with the heart defibulator.

I remember it all.

I was living in Florida at the time and when the kick went through, I called my mom here in Massachusetts and the phone did not even ring, she had just picked it up to call me! What a great day! Plus the fact that everyone I knew and/or worked with thought the Rams would win.....that was sweet!

The one downer is seeing Ty and Lawyer.......makes me realize how much I miss them!

I watch that DVD all the time. I get pissed off every time I see the Steelers guy intentionally injure Tom Brady by going for his knees.

You mean the game where they said that team couldn't be stopped especially in a Dome!

"A Dynasty is born tonight"- Ricky Perhl

How true, Ricky, how true.....

FreeTedWilliams said:
You mean the game where they said that team couldn't be stopped especially in a Dome!

"A Dynasty is born tonight"- Ricky Perhl

How true, Ricky, how true.....

Uh...no--during the AFC playoff game where Bledsoe had to come in for Brady. But i know what you are talking about--i always say "You dont know how prophetic that statement is Ricky..."

I love it. I loved that season. I still remember after Tommy was drafted his first preseason game was here in Detroit. I went down there with some guys from our team, and after the game we met up with Chris Floyd and Tommy in the tunnel. Just a rookie trying to make a roster. Then, just the next year, we were watching Mo Lewis knock Drew out of the game, and Tommy came in and just blew up from there. I literally cried after Vinatieri hit the kick to win the Super Bowl. It was definitely party time in Ann Arbor.

I was hung over watching the Superbowl and I will never forget the moment that went through the uprights. I just fell on the floor and screamed at the top of my lungs. Then I called my dad.

No Superbowl has ever quite gotten to me the way that one did. The whole September 11 "Patriots" thing, the announcing them as a team, the amazing halftime show, even the Budweiser horses commercial where the horses bow to NYC (where I was living at the time), the fact that NOBODY thought they could do it....the entire moment in time can't ever be matched for me.

Bella*chick said:
I was hung over watching the Superbowl and I will never forget the moment that went through the uprights. I just fell on the floor and screamed at the top of my lungs. Then I called my dad.

No Superbowl has ever quite gotten to me the way that one did. The whole September 11 "Patriots" thing, the announcing them as a team, the amazing halftime show, even the Budweiser horses commercial where the horses bow to NYC (where I was living at the time), the fact that NOBODY thought they could do it....the entire moment in time can't ever be matched for me.

My ex-fiancee's mother threw a Super Bowl party and they were all Dolphin fans.......you wouldn't have know it by the way they were all cheering for the Rams. The better the Patriots did, the more quiet they all got. When Ty intercepted Warner and ran it back, people started leaving!!! HA!!!

Ahhhhhh....the first one.....

someone kicked Jets fan in the chest who was next to me, as he got up off the floor I noticed bottles of beer being dumped on his head.

wonderful!

Bill's Girl said:
My ex-fiancee's mother threw a Super Bowl party and they were all Dolphin fans.......you wouldn't have know it by the way they were all cheering for the Rams. The better the Patriots did, the more quiet they all got. When Ty intercepted Warner and ran it back, people started leaving!!! HA!!!

Were you the lone Patriot fan there? If you were, it doesn't get any better than that.:eat3:

Bill's Girl inspired me and I'm now watching 3 games to Glory 3....the playoff game against the Colts. I just can't believe the Colts were favored in this game....it's just so bizarre to watch the footage of Gillette, snow falling, etc. and to hear the voiceover say the Colts were heavily favored to win. I remember it of course, but still.....just unbelievable, particularly now that we all know the outcome.

One of my favorite 3GTG1. The snow bowl, what a game, the Steelers game, the run back by Bingo that practicallyput the game away in the 2nd quarter. and of course SB XXXVI and the greatest show on turf. So much about that season was so magical. My personal favorite, but then you always remember your first time......

PATSNUTme said:
Were you the lone Patriot fan there? If you were, it doesn't get any better than that.:eat3:

Yeah, I was the only Pats fan......it was great! But not as great as being back in MA when we won SB 38 and I was surrounded by Patriots fans!

I absolutely love when Lawyer grabs BB after the game winning kicks and starts throwing him around and Lonie Paxton doing snow angels on the turf!

Pat the Pats Fan said:
One of my favorite 3GTG1. The snow bowl, what a game, the Steelers game, the run back by Bingo that practically put the game away in the 2nd quarter. and of course SB XXXVI and the greatest show on turf. So much about that season was so magical. My personal favorite, but then you always remember your first time......
I really do wish they would redo the first 3GTG much like the last two with extra and so forth.
I still get chills watching the field goal and that great call by Gil Santos, when it went through I just could not believe that the Pats, the team I loved more then any other sports team had won after all the crappy years and close calls.

It was an awesome thrill !!! After 26 years of following and supporting the Pats(since 1976). They finally did it !!! If someone would have told me that we would have won 3 of the next 4, I would have thought they were crazy. I was happy with that one (SB XXXVI), especially living here in New Orleans, less than 5 miles from the Superdome. (Could not get tickets, but I tried :( ) The Pats first three Super Bowl trips were here in New Orleans (1985, 1996, & 2001 seasons). I was a senior in high school when we got thumped in SB XX, against the Bears. Hell, I was happy we won the AFCCG, against the Dolphins in Miami, no less :rocker:

One thing did tick me though. It looked like the refs were trying everything they could to get the Rams back in the game. Remember when we were up 17-3 with about 8 minutes left, and we returned that fumble 99 yards for a TD? That would have put us up 24-3, and for all intents and purposes, GAME OVER. But to me that holding call was BS, and could have been called either way, or not at all unless someone saw what I did not. That was a huge momentum swing, since they scored two plays later to cut it 17-10. But in the end, the boys would not be denied.

EZ76

BigEZPatsFan76 said:
It was an awesome thrill !!! After 26 years of following and supporting the Pats(since 1976). They finally did it !!! If someone would have told me that we would have won 3 of the next 4, I would have thought they were crazy. I was happy with that one (SB XXXVI), especially living here in New Orleans, less than 5 miles from the Superdome. (Could not get tickets, but I tried :( ) The Pats first three Super Bowl trips were here in New Orleans (1985, 1996, & 2001 seasons). I was a senior in high school when we got thumped in SB XX, against the Bears. Hell, I was happy we won the AFCCG, against the Dolphins in Miami, no less :rocker:

One thing did tick me though. It looked like the refs were trying everything they could to get the Rams back in the game. Remember when we were up 17-3 with about 8 minutes left, and we returned that fumble 99 yards for a TD? That would have put us up 24-3, and for all intents and purposes, GAME OVER. But to me that holding call was BS, and could have been called either way, or not at all unless someone saw what I did not. That was a huge momentum swing, since they scored two plays later to cut it 17-10. But in the end, the boys would not be denied.

EZ76

OH NO. Lets PRAY that the INSANE RAMS FAN doesn't see this post. He will go ape on us and point us to stlouisrams.net where he goes on and on about how the Patriots cheated and such. We really don't need another thread of rants from him.

BigEZPatsFan76 said:
One thing did tick me though. It looked like the refs were trying everything they could to get the Rams back in the game. Remember when we were up 17-3 with about 8 minutes left, and we returned that fumble 99 yards for a TD? That would have put us up 24-3, and for all intents and purposes, GAME OVER. But to me that holding call was BS, and could have been called either way, or not at all unless someone saw what I did not.
McGinnest grabbed Faulk and gave him a bear hug. It was clearly holding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back