PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wasn't able to see the game or highlights and have some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestpatsfan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Hi All,
Unfortunatelly with work I have not been around a TV since saturday and have a few questions I was hoping you could help me out.

I was wondering how the secondary played, specifically guys like Ellis Hobbs and James Sanders.

How Did O'sullivan play at RT? Did he start or was Kaczur back at the position?

How did Reche Caldwell do?

With the score being that close, was it something where we came out and played flat, or are there concerns there that had not shown up until Sunday?

Thanks for all your help

midwestpatsfan said:
Hi All,
Unfortunatelly with work I have not been around a TV since saturday and have a few questions I was hoping you could help me out.

I was wondering how the secondary played, specifically guys like Ellis Hobbs and James Sanders.

With the score being that close, was it something where we came out and played flat, or are there concerns there that had not shown up until Sunday?

Thanks for all your help

Ellis Hobbs did a nice job shutting down Lee Evans.He only allowed 2 catches I believe.

Kazcur allowed a fumble from what I understand..

Patriots4Ever said:
Ellis Hobbs did a nice job shutting down Lee Evans.He only allowed 2 catches I believe.

Kazcur allowed a fumble from what I understand..

Kaczur wasn't active.

O'Callaghan started.

In addition.Reche had a few catches but only something like 33 yards receiving.Brady had a hard time.Ben Watson and the running backs showed up huge.Both Dillion and Maroney with 70ish yards each.A TD catch by both Troy and Faulk.

O'Callaghan looked like a rookie (Matt Light had his moments too). The O-Line struggled early on and Brady was uncharacteristically rattled.

Caldwell was not a standout, but contributed with 2 catches. McDaniels readjusted at half-time - adding more WR screens to counteract the Bills blitz.

The defense also struggled to wrap up early on in this game, allowing Buffalo RB's McGahee and Thomas to break off some big gains.

All that being said, this was a typical New England win - it wasn't pretty and it came down to the wire.

midwestpatsfan said:
Hi All,

Thanks for all your help

Rreche caught a quick out, then made a nice deke to get past the defender and make a 1st down. Later, he semi-laid out and caught a ball across the middle for a nice catch. Don't recalll any negatives.

MWPF - If you have NFL Network, Wednesday night starting at 8 p.m. and a couple more times overnight and on Thursday, you can watch the game in their new replay format. Take your antidepressants for the first half, the second is much better. And just remember when you see the first play from scrimmage, Tommy lived! ;)

Box_O_Rocks said:
MWPF - If you have NFL Network, Wednesday night starting at 8 p.m. and a couple more times overnight and on Thursday, you can watch the game in their new replay format. Take your antidepressants for the first half, the second is much better. And just remember when you see the first play from scrimmage, Tommy lived! ;)

Thanks Box and to the rest of you. Awesome to see Hobbs come out and play so well after some ups and downs in training camp. I just saw that they are going to replay the game on NFLN. Thanks for the heads up on Brady :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3