PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Warren and Patriots: a perfect fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder a little about Ty Warren. He'll be 30 next TC and have two years left on his deal. Might be dealt if the team doesn't think they can sign him or see his injuries as an issue. I say that b/c Brace has proven that he can play and the team has a contingency in place.

Nothing is guarenteed but I would think having two years left would be a good thing a vet under contract you know what you got. And more importantly I am excited to get the real Tiny back by reports he was playing the last few seasons on the injury he had surgery for that put him on IR.

Brace is playing good and the team will be all the better and deeper having both. If TC roles around and Tiny is clearly not getting his starting job back(which I doubt) maybe you explore a trade or out right release out of respect but I would think he is to talented not to bring back.

I wonder a little about Ty Warren. He'll be 30 next TC and have two years left on his deal. Might be dealt if the team doesn't think they can sign him or see his injuries as an issue. I say that b/c Brace has proven that he can play and the team has a contingency in place.

See, I disagree with this thought. In year's past, both Wilfork and Ty would come off the field on third downs. I see plenty of snaps for both Brace and Ty Warren. Ty is not overly priced and I can see the Pats letting him play out his contract. Unlike with Seymour.

See, I disagree with this thought. In year's past, both Wilfork and Ty would come off the field on third downs. I see plenty of snaps for both Brace and Ty Warren. Ty is not overly priced and I can see the Pats letting him play out his contract. Unlike with Seymour.

Ty carries a $5.87m hit in 2011 IF there is in fact a cap. I don't know what the team still owes him from a dollars standpoint but his cap numbers for 2012 and 2013 are close to $5.9m.

http://www.patscap.com/warren.gif

I think it is very plausible to think that he may be moved.

Last edited:
He's solid for us now, but I think he'd be even better as a rotational DE/pass rusher, kind of like Jarvis Green was for us. I think if Ty comes back healthy next year and one of the young DE's like Brace or Deadrick can solidify the other DE position, Warren can be a monster as the guy who comes in on passing downs.

Sat behind Pats D bench at the Jets 45-3 game. Watched Warren specifically to check him out. In my opinion it's apparent that this guy LOVES playing for the Patriots. Jacked and pumped. Who'd a thunk it? Not I!

Speaking of that, I loved it when Warren had Sanchez's hand warmer after one play and he looked at it and threw it on the ground. :D

Sanchez picked it up and had a look like "these guys are being mean to me."

Warren is another Cleveland cast off thats worked out well for NE - BB, Bodden, Patten.

"I told [Phifer] that I thought he would have a limited role,'' Belichick said. "We had a role for him, I wasn't sure what it was. That role ended up being that he played 98 percent of the plays.

That made me giggle for some reason. Vintage Belichick.

DL is the prime position for our type of defense. Players that can execute it effectively are rare, hence our 1,2,3 1st round picks there.

Without those three players in their prime anymore, I believe we keep both Warrens as long as they can get it done. For their value to the team, they are affordable.

Not all positions are the same, some positions are more easy to replace.

Looks like Warren's on a very cheap one year deal. I say they pay him a good short termer, keep Ty if he can play to his old level and draft a top DE, if available.

Still less that a 40-50 million long termer for Sey and we can transition to the future Wilfork led line, with additions from brace and others unknown as far as future salaries.

G. Warren has been a good surprise addition this year.

BTW, Mary could write "see Spot run" and it would be great.:cool:

LOVES playing for the Patriots. Jacked and pumped. Who'd a thunk it? Not I!
Agree. I hated this guy when he played for the Browns. He talked larger than he played, and his largest impact on the field was his propensity for dirty plays that followed his threats to injure guys.

I recall the glowing comments about Moss and Burgess last year..

He's been a solid pickup and that's fine but I love these articles how they talk about how a player brings in so much experience into the locker room.. only to find out the next year he was a pain in the *****

I see a first round DE heading to NE this Spring. WWW plus a stud rookie and all the depth BB has at his disposal adds up to a competitive D for years to come.

I'll join the other giving props to G, Warren this season. He and Crumpler have been great additions...............

Mods, if this should be merged or moved elsewhere go right ahead. I didn't see another thread where this fit in but I thought it was a good enough article that it was worth mentioning and linking. It's from Mary Paoletti at CSNNE who doesn't write very many columns, but those that she does write are generally very good. It includes an interesting analogy from Bill Belichick between Warren and Roman Phifer.

Warren and Patriots: A perfect fit

What a great thread. My Bro and I were just discussing this very subject, at length, only a few days ago ~ right before this very most recent game ~ how much of an Impact Warren II has had on our team.

He's been absolutely awesome. What an amazing pick up by Bill The Great.

It All Starts In The Trenches. :cool:

Football journey: Gerard Warren - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

This interview by Reiss makes it clear that he's a player who loves the game. It's wonderful how much he loves the Patriots but doesn't disrespect his other teams. Easy guy to root for.

ANOTHER great article.

LOVE this Thread. :rocker:

I remember being a tad upset when BB signed Warren and John Henderson was cut by JAX as I thought JH was a better player and more left.

Glad I was wrong.

I'm not so sure you were wrong. I LOVE Henderson, and STILL wish we'd signed him, TOO.

But, yeah, I follow you: Warren has been absolutely AWESOME. :D

Nothing is guaranteed but I would think having two years left would be a good thing a vet under contract you know what you got. And more importantly I am excited to get the real Tiny back by reports he was playing the last few seasons on the injury he had surgery for that put him on IR.

Brace is playing good and the team will be all the better and deeper having both. If TC roles around and Tiny is clearly not getting his starting job back(which I doubt) maybe you explore a trade or out right release out of respect but I would think he is to talented not to bring back.

Good stuff, particularly the notion of Ty Warren ~ finally fully healed ~ returning to Glory.

In my view, the best way to maximize Warren I's 3-5 year potential is to give him 2011 as a rotational guy, allowing him to work it back through the gears.

18 months, 18 months, 18 months.

I think you made a particularly prescient point about his upside, too: Chances are VERY good, in my view, that ~ given the opportunity to work it back gradually ~ Ty Warren could be a BEAST in 2012 and 2013.

What I'd love to do is draft a couple of High Caliber Grizzlies in this Draft, and avail ourselves of unspeakable Depth of Talent on the Defensive Front Line, because I think that's the best way to win MULTIPLE Super Bowls...But it could certainly be argued that in terms of NEED...we need not do a THING. :cool:

I loved it when Warren had Sanchez's hand warmer after one play and he looked at it and threw it on the ground. :D

Sanchez picked it up and had a look like "these guys are being mean to me."

Oh, YEAH, I was SCREAMING when I saw that!!! :rocker:

Kinda...set a tone...wouldn't you say?? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back