PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Warren and Patriots: a perfect fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warren noted that he was very interested in NE due to discussions he had with Seymour, as opposed to Sey suggesting the Pats to him. Apparently Sey's descriptions of the NE locker room and organization portrayed the winning football focus that has become the culture of this organization and Warren knew where he wanted to take his business. :rocker:
:):):):):):)

Ty carries a $5.87m hit in 2011 IF there is in fact a cap. I don't know what the team still owes him from a dollars standpoint but his cap numbers for 2012 and 2013 are close to $5.9m.

http://www.patscap.com/warren.gif

I think it is very plausible to think that he may be moved.

You think that it's plausible to move their best LDE when he's making about average pay for a top 10 3-4 DE? Sorry, but I think you are smoking cheap stuff. He's not like Seymour who was expecting nearly 9 million or so..

You think that it's plausible to move their best LDE when he's making about average pay for a top 10 3-4 DE? Sorry, but I think you are smoking cheap stuff. He's not like Seymour who was expecting nearly 9 million or so..

Sey was expecting a lot more than 9m as he got $12m from OAK but thats besides the point.

If Ty can't stay show that he is healthy, he will be moved.

Words from BB....

"He's missed quite a bit of time over the last couple of years and we've had to deal with it. Unfortunately, it's part of the game. So, we'll just move ahead."

Belichick talks about Ty Warren's season-ending injury - Projo Pats Blog

Sey was expecting a lot more than 9m as he got $12m from OAK but thats besides the point.

If Ty can't stay show that he is healthy, he will be moved.

Words from BB....

Belichick talks about Ty Warren's season-ending injury - Projo Pats Blog

I love how you twist Belichick's words to make them fit what you think. Too bad that he was referring to the fact that injuries are part of the game. It had nothing to do with trading Ty Warren.

Also, you seem to be under the misguided impression that Warren hasn't played through many of his injuries, which he has. You also seem to not realize that Warren had only missed 7 games in the prior 7 seasons leading up to this one. This season, he missed, because of the culmination of injuries he had put off getting fixed. He will be back next year and be 100%.. He's not getting traded.

OH, and, thank you for acknowledging that Ty Warren is a bargain at his 5.9 million CAP hit.

:)

Yes, some posters believed that Warren was competing with Lewis for a roster spot. Others thought that Warren was almost a lock.

In the end, I believe that it was Deaderick who beat out Lewis for a roster spot.

It's hard to believe that a few months ago he was fighting for his job with Damione Lewis

I love how you twist Belichick's words to make them fit what you think. Too bad that he was referring to the fact that injuries are part of the game. It had nothing to do with trading Ty Warren.

Also, you seem to be under the misguided impression that Warren hasn't played through many of his injuries, which he has. You also seem to not realize that Warren had only missed 7 games in the prior 7 seasons leading up to this one. This season, he missed, because of the culmination of injuries he had put off getting fixed. He will be back next year and be 100%.. He's not getting traded.

OH, and, thank you for acknowledging that Ty Warren is a bargain at his 5.9 million CAP hit.

Didn't twist anything. BB is the one that said Ty has missed a lot of time these past two years- not me.

Look at the big picture. Is this team going to shell out $18m in cap space to a guy whos boss thinks he misses a lot of time? If you think $5.9 is a bargain, I don't know what to say. I think it's a lot of money for lineman pushing 30 who stops the run when you have others on the roster who can do it cheaper. A healthy Ty Warren makes this team better, but you must question the economics of the position and ask who else on the roster plays it almost as good, younger and cheaper.

I like Ty ALOT. Teams slash 30 year old lineman all the time. Cut. Traded. It happens.But if he goes, I won't be surprised.

Last edited:

Yeah, that was a real cherry pick. As i recall, Ty agreed to a very team friendly contract with no fuss. If he's healthy, he is not replaceable for the money he's earning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes