Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Warren’s a star

http://www.telegram.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061020/NEWS/610200640/1009
It didn’t take Junior Seau long to learn what his new teammates already knew.

Shortly after joining the Patriots in August, Seau offered up an unsolicited opinion to old friend Rodney Harrison. “Junior called to me out of the blue, ‘This Ty Warren guy is special,’ †Harrison recalled earlier this week.
-----
“Ty is definitely a hidden secret,†Seau said yesterday. “He’s a guy that has been playing under the big boy, No. 93 (Richard Seymour). But when you look at Ty and you look at Vince (Wilfork), we’ve got some players here who really, really haven’t scraped what their potential is.
-----
Warren has elevated his game from dependable to dominant this season, sparking the Patriots to a 4-1 start.

“I’m self-motivated to be the best player I can be for myself and for the team,†said Warren, who has a team-leading 38 tackles to go with a pair of sacks and a forced fumble he recovered himself.
-----
While many of his teammates headed home, Warren stuck around Gillette Stadium.

It’s all part of a vow he made in the offseason to stick with his workout routine during the season. That’s meant spending time with strength and conditioning coach Mike Woicik on off days, maintaining his fitness level with resistance training and speed drills in addition to weightlifting.

“To keep the body the way it was meant to be,†said the 6-foot-5, 300-pound Warren, who estimated his body fat at about 15 percent.
-----
At the start of each week, the coaching staff hands every player a list of duties specific to the next game. Warren made light of the situation — but wasn’t laughing — when he said he writes that list down a hundred times to burn into his brain.
:rocker:

Re: Warren’s a star

Rather than start an OT thread, I'll just share this item of interest here:
http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061020/SPORTS/610200350
"Defense is my passion," he said.

He's hard-hitting and intense, always coming at the offense. Moretto patterns his game after New England Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi. He studies the opponents' best players during game week and sets a plan.

"I want to put at least five hits on them, let them know who I am," Moretto said.
-----
On the NFL player he'd most like to hit: Kellen Winslow Jr. I just don't like his attitude. All these guys like him, Ricky Williams, T.O., they take what they've been given and toss it away. Those are guys who don't deserve to play this game.

On Tedy Bruschi: I love to watch him play, I love to watch him stick. He's a little guy, but he has a lot of heart. I want to have that much heart.
Maybe the kid can be a Quality Control Assistant in a few years...I love his hero and his despised player list.

Great find !

Is Warren the great find ... or this article?
You tell me.
I like 'em both.

When Warren was drafted, and we had not gotten Sullivan, who at the time was supposed to be all-pro material, I said that Warren would prove to be a better choice because he was not an 'understudy' of Seymour like Sullivan was, and that ultimately Warren would prove to be COMPETITION for Seymour instead of a COMPANION to Seymour.

It took longer than I intially thought, but if Sey wants to keep up his rep around these parts, he's gonna have to show Warren who's the man on the D-Line. And that makes them both better! :D

Warren just might get Big Sey's Pro Bowl spot one of these days, and that means that Sey will just have to work even harder to be the man! Nothing like keeping the fire under a guy that signed a huge long term contract and started the season a tad bit slow this year.

No question that Ty Warren is playing like a pro bowler so far this season. I feel good about it, because he apparently has been working hard, and has shown steady improvement over the years.

BTW, Not only was Warren drafted behind Sullivan, but also behind Robertson of the Jets and Kennedy of the Rams. I also believe Minnesota drafted Williams (who has been a good player) ahead of him. Ty was like the 5th or 6th DT drafted in the first round that year. (I'm going by memory.) So far, he and Williams have turned out to be the two best DTs to come out of that first round. I don't know who came out in the later rounds...interesting topic.

William Joseph was another DT drafted in the first, and hasn't been much more than a backup. DE's chosen were Terrel Suggs, Calvin Pace; Jerome McDuggle and Micheal Haynes. only Suggs and Mcduggle have justified their selection.

Regarding Warren, he is signed through 2008. Imagine how smart it would be sign him to an extension *Before* he has a breakout year and decides to hold out????

D-cleater said:
William Joseph was another DT drafted in the first, and hasn't been much more than a backup. DE's chosen were Terrel Suggs, Calvin Pace; Jerome McDuggle and Micheal Haynes. only Suggs and Mcduggle have justified their selection.

Regarding Warren, he is signed through 2008. Imagine how smart it would be sign him to an extension *Before* he has a breakout year and decides to hold out????

The one thing we know for sure is that the Pats will try.

The other thing we know for sure is that if the Pats try and fail, because Warren or his agent are going for the money grab, people around the country will blame the Pats for not being pro-active. Including some at this site.....:rolleyes:

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
The one thing we know for sure is that the Pats will try.

The other thing we know for sure is that if the Pats try and fail, because Warren or his agent are going for the money grab, people around the country will blame the Pats for not being pro-active. Including some at this site.....:rolleyes:

And that blame would be well placed IMO. This a player that they have invested heavily in, has been arguably the most consistent starter on defense since his second year in the league.....why not lock him up early? Is there any doubt that he is the best man for the job? is there any doubt that it would not make sense to lock him up long term, while we

a) need the draft picks for other positions on Defense
and
b) have the cap room to play with?

I think all of Warren's hard work is paying obvious dividends. The guy is a beast. I'm hoping that the big three can stay healthy, but it's nice to know that Wright and Green can fill in when need be. Who knows about LeKevin though, so Vince better take his vitamins.

Both Ty and Big Vince are having excellent years. Of coarse, Sey is the glue of the D-line.
But, to have all three first rounders work out he way that they have is remarkable. And, they are all young and can get even better.:rocker:

Well I guess we can throw out "He's lazy at times,lacks motivation" pre-draft assumption of some of the pro scout's some year's back?

This signing was one of the great one's this decade. No doubt about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes