PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Walls beginning to go up on Gillette Lighthouse

Many moons ago, when the mammoths were still plentiful on the plain I inadvertently committed an act bordering on child abuse there. Our oldest was just a little guy and we went into that bathroom. As we walked in it honestly didn't occur to me that the poor little guy's chin was just even with that trough. He instantly turned a never before seen shade of green and violently and repeatedly vomited directly into it. It was the era of cheap beer and drunken Bleacher Creatures, even a seasoned 6 foot adult had to half hold their breath to survive standing at that trough. The ensuing chain reaction was like something out of a bad episode of Family Guy. At t least half a dozen Bleacher Creatures contributed the contents of their stomachs to the festivities. Needless to say, he of course regaled his mother with the tale in graphic detail. To this day in our household it is referred to as The Great Fenway Vomit Riot.

Good times, good times.

Real male bonding at its finest right thar... Don't remember ever seeing anyone vomit at The Trough, though I do remember, and on more than one occasion, seeing evidence of recent episodes in the stalls next to it... Good times indeed.

Real male bonding at its finest right thar... Don't remember ever seeing anyone vomit at The Trough, though I do remember, and on more than one occasion, seeing evidence of recent episodes in the stalls next to it... Good times indeed.

It's funny now but at the time it was a brutal parenting moment. The kid was projectile vomiting like he's Linda F'n Blair in The Exorcist. The toilets are past the trough. If I picked him up, arms fully extended OFC, I ran the risk of spraying the puke everywhere, including all over the other guys in that crowded men's room. OTOH, letting him remain there meant he kept smelling what was making him vomit. Thankfully the answer presented itself, he retched dry and I was able to quickly get him to a toilet. Whereupon he quickly recovered, the way only a child can, and just like that he remembered why we went to the bathroom in the first place and peed, allowing us to GTFO of there leaving carnage in our wake.

Yesterday was Opening Day, I have no doubt my son was telling that tale somewhere... from a slightly different point of view ofc.

It's funny now but at the time it was a brutal parenting moment. The kid was projectile vomiting like he's Linda F'n Blair in The Exorcist. The toilets are past the trough. If I picked him up, arms fully extended OFC, I ran the risk of spraying the puke everywhere, including all over the other guys in that crowded men's room. OTOH, letting him remain there meant he kept smelling what was making him vomit. Thankfully the answer presented itself, he retched dry and I was able to quickly get him to a toilet. Whereupon he quickly recovered, the way only a child can, and just like that he remembered why we went to the bathroom in the first place and peed, allowing us to GTFO of there leaving carnage in our wake.

Yesterday was Opening Day, I have no doubt my son was telling that tale somewhere... from a slightly different point of view ofc.

Not sports-related, but I have a projectile vomiting story involving my own son, 6 at the time, at a local Benihana-style restaurant... Suffice it to say that this particular grill wasn't used for the rest of the evening...

Not sports-related, but I have a projectile vomiting story involving my own son, 6 at the time, at a local Benihana-style restaurant... Suffice it to say that this particular grill wasn't used for the rest of the evening...

It's amazing we (and they) survived their childhoods without serious PTSD.
All the **** that freaked us out back then (including the stuff that made us doubt ourselves) is now the stuff that great bar stories are made of,
Further proof of the old adages; 'It's a great life... provided you don't weaken.' and 'Someday we'll laugh about this.' :evil:

all this talk of urinals has me reminiscing about the old Fenway horse trough....

Finally. Something you can relate to and pontificate on authoritatively.

Hey, remember not to leave home tomorrow.

Went to the 1st SEC championship game in'92, played at ancient Legion Field in Birmingham, AL.
Across the street was the Touchdown Lounge, essentially a 50' x 50' box with a roof that people poured into to lube up on game days.
The bar was made of plywood, the decorations were stacks of empty cases and the aroma consisted of stale beer, vomit and piss.
I'm at the packed bar paying for a round and I drop cash on the floor and I say to my friends, "I think I dropped a twenty on the ground." Suddenly, about 15 guys step away from the bar to look for free cash and I noticed they ALL were taking pisses on the side of the bar, I kid you not.
So later, why not.
When in Rome.........
Bars in Matamoris Mexico were like that.

They also had no front door. 24/7 service.

You walked outside and people were passed out on the sidewalk. By daybreak it was all cleared up and everyone was sweeping.

I'm all good. Not my charge just thought it was funny that Barstool had this article on the subject.
I could have done without that video at the end of the article.

Talk about things that can't be unseen!

I know threads sometimes take a life of their own, but from the GIlette wall to urinal troughs......
To paraphrase Pink Floyd, all in all, it's just another piss on the wall.

Kind of looks jammed in there. The Optum renovations I think looked better like it was always there. Unless your seats got moved.

Still looks like a nice screen tho.
That’s a huge screen. If your seat is close enough to it…after the game you will be able to jumpstart your car battery by just touching the terminals with your fingers…which is kinda nice.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back