PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Volin is the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.
" the Patriots sure seem like a team that is bracing for Brady to lose the appeal and serve his four-game suspension" That line irks me. Now every other news sites yahoo,espn,etc.. is about to post about Brady losing deflategate according to the boston globe.

Like Rotoworld?

Tom Brady - QB - Patriots
Ben Volin of the Boston Globe suggests the Patriots are "bracing" for Tom Brady to lose his Deflategate appeal and serve a four-game suspension.

The Patriots reduced Brady's base salary to $1 million last week while posting an 8,000-word story on their website titled "The Background and Myths of Deflategate—Separating Fact From Fiction." Both moves reek of desperation. The NFL's appeal was heard in court earlier this month in front of a three-judge panel. Jimmy Garoppolo would fill in at quarterback if Brady loses his appeal.

Punchable Tennis Ball Head
Ben-Volin-358x356.jpg

Volin sucks and needs to go. Remember when he did a Google search and thought Kraft funded AEI report? Or when he insinuated that Darius Fleming made up the story about saving a woman in a car crash because he couldn't find the police report? hopefully he leaves soon.

Those are great examples, and they aren't the only ones. Unfortunately, Volin's bosses don't think he's doing a bad job at all.

Amazing how some media people still don't quite grasp the process.

First, this isn't Brady's appeal, it's the leagues.

Secondly, the 3-judge panel has various options in their decision. If they remand the case back to Berman, Brady's suspension doesn't suddenly kick in (at least, that's how I've come to understand it).

Essentially, the NFL needs the court to overrule Berman and then also declare the issue closed, meaning no redo by Berman. At that point, the NFLPA would have to make the decision to appealing to the higher court.

If it goes back to Berman, he's got some bullets in the gun that he did not include in his original decision (like the league denying the NFLPA to question Pash during Brady's initial appeal in front of Goodell). So, Berman could reissue a new decision that is consistent with his first one and still overturn Brady's suspension. All of which means the NFL would once again have to decide to appeal to the 2nd Circuit.

This could go on for a very long time.

RealGM.com has a headline pretty much stating this opinion as fact.

Go to hell, Volin.

If we want him gone, none of us should ever, ever click on any of his articles. If enough of us Boston sports readers choose to never read any of his articles, he will go away forever. We feed trolls like him and Felger, we need to stop. We deserve better.
I never read his stuff..i saw this screenshotted on twitter and then i had to end up clicking the link..i think my first one in a long looong time

First, it was leaked before the appeal hearing that a deal was done.

Second, how does reducing Brady's base salary help them if there is a suspension?

I haven't read any of his pieces in a very long time ...
Not sure why anyone gets aggravated with him ...

these guys like him are low paid scribes ... get what you pay for.
He is good at upsetting some Patriot's fans ... my guess is he enjoys that.

Felger dry humps Volin ... while Mazz gives him a handy.

Last edited:
Second, how does reducing Brady's base salary help them if there is a suspension?
It helps Brady as he misses 4 game checks that are now much smaller. His salary is now "just" $1M, the rest was moved to signing bonus.

volin's an attention seeker. the guy obviously wants to go national.
i can see him being another toadie on the nfl network.

It helps Brady as he misses 4 game checks that are now much smaller. His salary is now "just" $1M, the rest was moved to signing bonus.
Unless Brady gets a stay while he files further legal appeal, in which case he plays the first four games regardless. Also assuming it is not remanded back to Berman.

Unless Brady gets a stay while he files further legal appeal, in which case he plays the first four games regardless. Also assuming it is not remanded back to Berman.
Sure but the question was "if there is a suspension".

Go blast him on Twitter

I honestly like bob kravitz and manish Mehta more

Do yourselves a favor and block this buffoon on every social networking site possible. If it links to Volin, I've probably got it blocked. It makes for a much more enjoyable reading experience.

I still shudder when I see or hear Tomase on a program. I have to shut it off. Volin is pretty much up there with him now.

Volin is closing in on Tomase, but, still has a long way to go.

Tomase is the absolute worst.........how he can still be allowed to broadcast in this town after what he did continues to baffle me.

I will never read or listen to another Tomase word -- Volin, meh, he is just plain stupid, uninformed and a typical Boston media know it all. He and Mazz / Felger etc all were seemingly in the same class, "how to totally sell out" for a rating point or internet click. Good for them, it must be working, but not with me and I know I am not alone. I don't pay attention to them period.

Instead, I enjoy people that know their sport and understand the town they are broadcasting or writing for. Thornton, Holley, Arnold, Curran, Reiss, Zolak etc, these are the local scribes that can be counted on to tell it like it is to patriots, Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox fans. I appreciate having that group to go to.

The worst thing about it is the rest of America will run with it as if he is the voice of Boston area, its already on Rotoworld regarding the bracing ourselves regarding Brady.

Troll fans certainly like to cite the CHB because, hey, he's an award-winning writer at the biggest newspaper in our city.

Volin is just trying to cause trouble.
  • The article says Edelman and Gronk should hold out.
  • The article says the Pats should sue the NFL.
  • What the article says about bracing for a lost appeal isn't actually bad as written; it says the Pats expect a loss but is not guilty of suggesting the expected loss is deserved. HOWEVER, the way it's being linked/quoted/paraphrased elsewhere was pretty predictable.

Who cares what that little turd says? Do you think BB gives one 5h!t what this snot nosed punk says?. BB treats the media like his little b!tch. It pisses them off, and BB thrives on that. If that little gnat (Volin) were to be buzzing around BB's head, he would swat him into a gooey mess.... The damage to the Pats image has been cemented into NFL fans for life. I personally filter all of my articles thru this board. I click on some of Ian's headlines, and follow most articles posted in threads. And don't click on it unless several of the more knowledgeable posters have given it the thumbs up, or have pasted snippets of the article. I WILL NOT click on any of these Boston wannabe's. Reiss and Curran have free passage. This message board has made my Football following experience incredible. And the posters who make this site so great (Joker, Tunescribe, Ian, IcyPatriot, JCMOO, OldRover, Rob0729...etc, ), just to name a few. You guys know who you are. The patience, humor, and contributions are very much appreciated. The media wont stop the Pats from being great. They cant do it and Goodell cant do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back