PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vikings vs. Jets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is playing against a really good defense in bad conditions and still able to move the ball pretty well. I know its hard for you to give the enemy some credit but at least be realistic. Look at the last three games.

BUF - 106.4 rating, 2 TDs
MIA - 120.5 rating, 3 TDs
NWE - 124.3 rating, 3 TDs

Like it or not the guy is playing well right now.

Research how to defend the Jets. Basic statistics about football are the least telling datapoints in sports.

Playing well yes, playing like Brady in 2007? NO!

Go check Brady's first three games of the 07 season.

And Sanchez hasn't even thrown a pick yet which defies logic when you look at how he played last year.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall of Randy's brain tonight. Sitting out in the rain, getting balls underthrown to him while the rest of the team can't move the ball out of a wet paper bag. Possibly questioning his actions that got him out of New England?

I doubt it, he doesn't know the offense yet and he won't be facing the Jets every game. He'll have some pretty damn big games this year, especially against some of the lesser defenses. Favre will have no problems just heaving the ball up to Moss 10+ times a game.

He is playing against a really good defense in bad conditions and still able to move the ball pretty well. I know its hard for you to give the enemy some credit but at least be realistic. Look at the last three games.

A great three game stretch is not a season. None of those defenses are great. Sanchez has played great in those three games, but he isn't playing like Brady did in 2007. Sanchez has yet to throw for 300 yards in a game in his career.

In 2007 Brady passed for over 300 yards 8 times, passed for 4 or more TDs 5 times, and 3 or more TDs 12 times (including the first eight games straight). Sanxhez has a long, long way to go to match Brady's 2007 performance.

As for tonight, Sanchez has looked pretty average. Some great throws and a lot of horrible throws. It wasn't raining until their last drive and he could have been picked at least twice before it started to rain.

This is why some women should stay away from sports. Brady had 13 TD through 4 games and many more yards and a 4-0 record...Sanchez 8 TD significantly less yards through 4 games.

He has completed 58% of his passes for 700 yards coming into tonights game. QB ratings are worthless. But if you wish to use it Brady leads the league in QB rating. And he finished the season in 2007 with a 117 rating.

Now go and look at Brady's stats through 4 games in 07. And you wonder why people give you a hard time. You can't say ignorant things and then expect people to give you a pass.

Last edited:
I doubt it, he doesn't know the offense yet and he won't be facing the Jets every game. He'll have some pretty damn big games this year, especially against some of the lesser defenses. Favre will have no problems just heaving the ball up to Moss 10+ times a game.

If Favre has anything left at all in the tank.

And Sanchez hasn't even thrown a pick yet which defies logic when you look at how he played last year.

Yeah your comparison fails

Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate
22 28 78.6 297 10.6 3 0 0 0 146.6
25 31 80.6 279 9.0 3 1 2 16 123.0
23 29 79.3 311 10.7 4 0 1 3 150.9

Vikes have to pick up the blitz a lot better if they are to have any hopes of winning this game.

good start.

If Favre has anything left at all in the tank.

Agreed. He's underthrown every ball tonight, and the announcers already questioned if he was injured. The last thing the vikings need is for Favre to not be able to hit Moss down the sideline all year

Maybe you should. Here they are:

Vs. the Jets 22 for 28 (78.6% completion) for 297 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs with a 146.6 rating

Vs. SD, 25 for 31 (80.6% completion) 279 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT for 123 rating

Vs. Buffalo, 23 for 29 (79.3% completion) for 311 yards, 4 TDs, and 0 INTs with 150.9 QB rating

Those numbers are superior to Sanchez.

And Sanchez has been lucky not to throw a pick because he has throw 2-3 interceptable balls tonight alone.

Last edited:
He has completed 58% of his passes for 700 yards coming into tonights game. QB ratings are worthless.

Now go and look at Brady's stats through 4 games in 07. And you wonder why people give you a hard time. You can't say ignorant things and then expect people to give you a pass.

It doesn't matter what I say. :lol2: I say I like LT and everyone jumps on that, I say Sanchez is playing great and people jump on that. I could say Peyton Manning is a great QB and people be like, "omg you're an idiot, Manning sucks!!!" :lol2:

The fact is that Sanchez has played well so far this season, especially compared to last year. You can either realize that or live in denial but considering what they did to us in the last game, it may not be smart to continue underestimating them.

Last edited:

Yeah, Teenuh, through 4 games this year Sanchez has 711 yards. At this rate through a 16 game season, he'll only be 2,000 yards behind Brady's 4,806.

That's pretty close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft