PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Video: Jets Fan Cheap Shots Pats fan in parking lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been to 80% of JetLife games and I can say it actually is a great place to spend time with the family. Even as opposing fans. Can't rule out idiots, but if you're not looking for a problem, you probably won't find one. And even if ya do, "good" Jet fans will help ya out (if deserving).
Your fan base comprises malevolent children. During my last visit to a New Jersey Green Beans game at New Giants Stadium I was constantly pelted with small objects by cowards from behind (mostly peanuts). I left my seat at halftime and finally found a "security" person after a long search who showed no interest. This kind of inhospitable nonsense never happens at Gillette.

None are so blind as those who choose not to see.
There are good fans too. The first time I went with someone wearing their gear, the people around us were very cool. After my friend was hit with a water bottle from the upper decks, they urged us not to turn around as that would invite more things being thrown. They were right. Some folks a few rows in front of us turned when they were pelted, and then had to deal with a near constant barrage. When the home loss became apparent, one of them got their teeth knocked out by a group of unruly fans. At the same time, groups of security could be seen responding to fights throughout many of the sections.

Your fan base comprises malevolent children. During my last visit to a New Jersey Green Beans game at New Giants Stadium I was constantly pelted with small objects by cowards from behind (mostly peanuts). I left my seat at halftime and finally found a "security" person after a long search who showed no interest. This kind of inhospitable nonsense never happens at Gillette.
I once saw a Dolphins fan get pelted by snowballs at Gillette, but he was an obnoxious punk who was taunting Pats fans the entire time. Security responded quickly, some Pats fans were ejected and the bombardment ceased. That is the only incident I have seen at Gillette. That said, the tone and aggression of the crowd at Foxborro stadium before the Krafts bought the team was pretty bad.

I once saw a Dolphins fan get pelted by snowballs at Gillette, but he was an obnoxious punk who was taunting Pats fans the entire time. Security responded quickly, some Pats fans were ejected and the bombardment ceased. That is the only incident I have seen at Gillette. That said, the tone and aggression of the crowd at Foxborro stadium before the Krafts bought the team was pretty bad.
Yes, but that was almost 25 years ago.

Yeah, I'm old enough to remember those days and the old stadium was NOT a very "classy" place. I think that Kraft's own experience of that stuff as a Season Ticket Holder was probably the reason things are so different today.

If you are a fan of a losing franchise (like the pats were before) you tend to take out your anger other fan bases. Eagles fans are a good example.

How about that scumbag Philly fan we endured a few weeks ago, Tunes? The frickin' drunk SOB acted like a total jerkoff all the way to the middle of the third quarter before he stumbled out. But WE are the "fair weather" Pats fans that stayed PAST the final snap because, as we've already been told, we're on to next season . Only bigmouth, bigshot know-it-alls always on these luxurious vacations know how to be "true" Pats fans...you know, say squat when they win and then tell the entire world of THEIR football genius when the Pats lose?
Yeah, we're the "pink hats" and the goddamned bawling little punk, egocentric narcissists are the "true fans".
I got my playoff ticket...just gotta find a "pink" hat to wear to keep up my appearances.

That's correct. As you can see, there's one guy in this pic that seems almost normal....(sitting down with the hat)

baseballyankeefans.gif
Strange culture down there. Obnoxiousness defined. I remember my first Pats vs. Green Beans game in the Meadowlands, I sat next to a genuine stereotype -- he wore a white "wife-beater" tank top, gold chain around his neck, had a square-shaped head with black slicked-back hair, hairy shoulders, and used the word "yous."

If you are a fan of a losing franchise (like the pats were before) you tend to take out your anger other fan bases. Eagles fans are a good example.
That may be a factor, but the biggest factor is the ownership. As soon as the Kraft's bought the team, security was much more aggressive and proactive. They also made a rule that season ticket holders would lose their tickets if there was any douchebaggery by whoever attended in their seats.

Ha, where were you sitting? I really don't see much of that type of stuff unless a person is asking for it.

Worst I've treated opposing fans recently has been to strongly persuade a group of Chicago fans to sit down after they continually stood around in the aisle blocking views, and one other time removing a Steelers fan's towel because he wouldn't stop waving the damn thing while hitting fans around him with it and also blocking views.

Most of the time it's actually pretty cool having an opposing fan sitting nearby. Usually leads to good conversation about the matchups and some fun "jabbing" throughout the game.

Ha, where were you sitting? I really don't see much of that type of stuff unless a person is asking for it.

Worst I've treated opposing fans recently has been to strongly persuade a group of Chicago fans to sit down after they continually stood around in the aisle blocking views, and one other time removing a Steelers fan's towel because he wouldn't stop waving the damn thing while hitting fans around him with it and also blocking views.

Most of the time it's actually pretty cool having an opposing fan sitting nearby. Usually leads to good conversation about the matchups and some fun "jabbing" throughout the game.
If you really do go to a lot of games, try observing what is actually happening next time. I suspect your "unless they're asking for it" is part of the suppression that feeds your obvious delusion. Fortunately, we had some Jets fans around us that weren't delusional and instructed us not to turn around when pelted. All that said, trolling is a more likely scenario than the absurd level of delusion you are displaying.

If you really do go to a lot of games, try observing what is actually happening next time. I suspect your "unless they're asking for it" is part of the suppression that feeds your obvious delusion. Fortunately, we had some Jets fans around us that weren't delusional and instructed us not to turn around when pelted. All that said, trolling is a more likely scenario than the absurd level of delusion you are displaying.

Again gotta ask where these incidents have been happening. Majority of the time I sit in the LSL sections (usually around the 25ydln down low). Maybe this stuff is happening up in the 300s?

No one is more cognizant of visitor etiquette than I am. My "asking for it" involved wearing a Patriots shirt; hell, I didn't once stand up and cheer. And why should it matter where I sat? You mean, sitting in certain sections warrants getting pelted by debris? What you're attempting to portray isn't reality in that playpen for overgrown children.

Again gotta ask where these incidents have been happening. Majority of the time I sit in the LSL sections (usually around the 25ydln down low). Maybe this stuff is happening up in the 300s?
LMAO, now it depends on what part of the stadium you're in? Keep spinning, buddy, the truth is obvious.

No one is more cognizant of visitor etiquette than I am. My "asking for it" involved wearing a Patriots shirt; hell, I didn't once stand up and cheer. And why should it matter where I sat? You mean, sitting in certain sections warrants getting pelted by debris? What you're attempting to portray isn't reality in that playpen for overgrown children.

It's just reality now. Me I don't even choose to sit up in the 300s now. PSLs and high ticket prices have done one hell of a job dividing the stadium. Basically if you're sitting anywhere with PSLs (1st and 2nd tier), I'd recommend bringing your kids and enjoying the day. 300s?.. not so much. Enter at your own risk up there. Besides, TV gives you better views nowadays vs nosebleed seats.

I lived in Bergen county for a few years and wore a Patriots or Red Sox hat almost daily. Never had a problem.

Went to a Red Sox / Yankees game with my brother and was told to get seats in the Non Alcohol section if we were going to get nosebleed seats, which we did and had a good time. The next section over would have been an entirely different experience as it was full of loud drunk asses who were throwing food and dumping beers etc... After the game there were a few drunk ass wipes talking trash but nothing serious. Worst I heard was "Shox Shox" which I interpreted as "Sox Suck".

I want reiterate that I never had a problem while living in NJ. Good people who love to talk good natured trash. I could see having a problem at the stadium if we had blindly grabbed a couple of nosebleed seats.

It's just reality now. Me I don't even choose to sit up in the 300s now. PSLs and high ticket prices have done one hell of a job dividing the stadium. Basically if you're sitting anywhere with PSLs (1st and 2nd tier), I'd recommend bringing your kids and enjoying the day. 300s?.. not so much. Enter at your own risk up there. Besides, TV gives you better views nowadays vs nosebleed seats.
FYI, I endured the abuse in the 200 section of the north end zone. Morons behind us throwing peanuts at us with our backs turned all afternoon.

Your warning of entering the 300s "at your own risk" is admission enough, though, of the Jets having an immature neanderthal fan base.

Last edited:
In that case I think every jets fan should be kicked in the head
I think most of them already were kicked in the head by their mothers, as infants. That's part of the problem.

Last edited:
One of these days before I die I got to make it to a game in Gillette. Would be epic to sit with Tune and Joker...

My one Jets game this year was to Oakland, because I have a close friend who is a Raider fan who went with me, it's close and with tickets and air fair was less then $400. The trip was great, had no issues with the Oakland fans, the ones we sat near were great, no real problems before or after the game for me other then some smack talk shouted as I moved around. It was the Jets team that spoiled the game for me.

I think our seat selection had a lot to do with the good experience (lower level visitors side, 45 yard line ($150)). I rocked my Chrebet jersey, if I had sat in the black hole I am sure things would of been different, or in the cheap seats.
I had heard bad stories about OC, but most seem to be related to sitting in the cheap seats or getting butt hurt over some razzing.

I will say I saw about 4 or so 30 something men and one women (raiders fans) giving some poor 12/14 year old Jet kid a wrath of trouble as he waited for his Dad out side after the game in a Jets jersey, it was all verbal and no pushing etc. We hung close by till the police and his Dad (who was a raider fan) showed up and things chilled. Was disappointed to see that.

Your experiences may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand