PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Victor Cruz disses Patriots D-backs--All of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a lot of talking from a guy who was an absolute nobody less than a year ago.

Doesn't matter what he was then, matters what he is now, which is a problem for our secondary. Who are pretty much a bunch of nobodies themselves.

Cruz can back up his words. The last time he badmouthed the Jets, he went 99 yards. He probably has the third best chance of being Super Bowl MVP after Brady and Eli

Really?

SBNation.com must have edited that out:

VIDEO: Victor Cruz Smiles At Idea Of Facing Patriots' Julian Edelman - SBNation.com

Seems like a nice kid, who just is not too savvy with media day and doesn't know when to not be totally honest.

If there is other video showing where he said the Pats D-backs suck, please bring 'em forward.

It didn't occur to me that my final statement was taken literally. I was summing up.

I should have written, "essentially, he said..."

Still, the headline is right. He definitely dissed them.

Remember when words like that meant Rodney Harrison would be decapitating someone?

I'm always hesitant to advocate trying to remove a player, but this is the perfect chance for the defense to make a statement. Words like these need to motivate the defenders to make a genuine attempt to knock Cruz out with a good, clean football hit. Explode through his sternum, make that neck snap back, separate his 1aa ass from the ball and set the goddamn tone. Eventually, this nice guy sh*t is going to have to end and there is no better time to do it than Sunday.

Wow, he challenges all the Patriots DBackfield.

Deion asks him if he's salivating when he sees the Patriots D-Backfield.

He says of course, when he looks at the video, you can't help but get excited.

I totally understand why he would say that. I understand they've been bad.

I can't understand saying it in public.

He said the Patriots D-backs suck.

I'm depressed. We know that our QB admittedly sucks and now our D backs do too!?! :eek:

Time for BB to install his Cruz control D on Sunday.

Last edited:
Cruz can back up his words. The last time he badmouthed the Jets, he went 99 yards. He probably has the third best chance of being Super Bowl MVP after Brady and Eli

Gronk.

Personally, I would give a year off the end of my life for this Super Bowl to happen in such a way that Wilfork ends up being MVP, but that would never happen.

Gronk.

Personally, I would give a year off the end of my life for this Super Bowl to happen in such a way that Wilfork ends up being MVP, but that would never happen.

I'd agree except I'm LOTS closer to that end time than you, Grasshopper.

Keep on talking Giants. Can't wait for Spikes and Chung to punch them in the mouth.

Last edited:
The Patriots defensive backfield sucks? The secret is out? :eek:

Wow, he challenges all the Patriots DBackfield.

Deion asks him if he's salivating when he sees the Patriots D-Backfield.

He says of course, when he looks at the video, you can't help but get excited.

I totally understand why he would say that. I understand they've been bad.

I can't understand saying it in public.

He said the Patriots D-backs suck.

I'm sure he could at least name them, which is better off than Freddie Mitchell.

Greetings,
I have to admit Freddie Mitchell was never a quarter as good Victor Cruz is, he also did not point a specific player in the secondary and said he was going to show them up. Therefore it does not sound as nearly as bad. It is what it is, all we can do is hope they can hold up for at least one more game.

Celticboy04

This game will come down to the line play. If the Giants can rush the passer like they have been known to do quite well - then the fact that their secondary sucks too won't matter. I'm guessing that's what Mr. Cruz is counting on.

Please, Gawd, let the Pats o-line play like men possessed.

This game will come down to the line play. If the Giants can rush the passer like they have been known to do quite well - then the fact that their secondary sucks too won't matter. I'm guessing that's what Mr. Cruz is counting on.

Please, Gawd, let the Pats o-line play like men possessed.

Greetings,
This is what many "analyst" never point out. They are always so quick to say the Giants have a "Dominant D" and their defense is now elite cause they are healthy. But what they never mention is how that pass rush makes up for their lack of talent on the rest of their defensive unit.

Celticboy04

I find it hard to hate any player from UMass, but damn I ******* hate this guy.

The Patriots defensive backfield sucks? The secret is out? :eek:

Sigh. Why do people do this? Deliberately misrepresent things.

It's one thing for you to say it as a fan or analyst. It's another for the opponent to say it.

I mean, Baas sucks too, but I don't expect Wilfork to say it.

Greetings,
I have to admit Freddie Mitchell was never a quarter as good Victor Cruz is, he also did not point a specific player in the secondary and said he was going to show them up. Therefore it does not sound as nearly as bad. It is what it is, all we can do is hope they can hold up for at least one more game.

Celticboy04

Rodney harrison isnt walking through that door. :(

It's too bad that someone can't just plant Cruz right at the LOS on the 1st play of the game. I'd love to see Cruz get blown up the way Gronk blew up Suggs.. *LOL*

"He said the Patriots D-backs suck."

That's like saying the Pope is Catholic.....

...which reminds me, I will give up beer for Lent if McCourty does not suck for just one game this season....:eek:

I bet the Patriots have more picks then the Giants.

I find it hard to hate any player from UMass, but damn I ******* hate this guy.

I know most Pats fans out there wouldn't know much about him and wouldn't care much after his comment but for it's worth, he is a humble and likable guy. I am surprised to read his comment dissing us in public.

Oh well, I hope our D is motivated enough after his comment and ensures that he doesn't talk much after the game. :)

Not just that. The Pats may have finished 31st against the pass, but the Giants finished 29th. They don't have the greatest secondary either. Pat's receivers (& TEs) should be salivating too. I don't expect the Pats to be classless like the Giants and verbalize that they are salivating over the Giants crappy pass defense. Pats finished with 40 sacks (8 less than the Giants, or 0.5 less a game) and more Ints than the Giants. Also, Giants run defense finished lower than the Pats so called awful defense.

I'm happy
that the Giants are overconfident, but they are far from a perfect team. Also, hopefully this motivates the Pat's secondary to play their best game of the year. And hopefully Chung gets fined after the game for a hit on Cruz :)
That's what I'm talking about! I like someone who knows his stuff. While everyone has been fixated on the Patriots and their 31st ranked (statistically) defense, people have totally turned a blind eye to the fact that the Giants defense was not lights out for most of the regular season either. They are living off of reputation more than anything at the moment, IMHO. Yeah, they played way better down the stretch, but so has the NE defense.

I will say that the secondary needs to improve even more, however. As someone noted earlier, Torrey Smith got behind the defense a few times last week and, were it not for an underthrown ball on one play and adequate pressure on Flacco on the other, he would have had a touchdown both times. They can't let Cruz or anyone else get behind them. That's going to be a tall order considering any of those receivers can be a deep threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST