PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Very sad news: Wakefield has been diagnosed with brain cancer

If this is true, it's really ****ed up!

Tim needs to send a knuckleball right up the arse of them cancer cells... hopefully, they won't know what the hell they were swinging at and will head out, tails tucked between their legs...

I'll have to research this a little. My dad died from a brain tumor in 94 but Tim's could be fixable. My dad's wasn't. They've come a long way since and I'm hopeful that he'll have a full recovery.

Btw, I won a friendly dinner and drinks wager many years ago when I was driving to golf with a few friends and one of them said that Wakefield wouldn't win 10 games. I won easily but the guy still hasn't paid up.

I'll have to research this a little. My dad died from a brain tumor in 94 but Tim's could be fixable. My dad's wasn't. They've come a long way since and I'm hopeful that he'll have a full recovery.

Btw, I won a friendly dinner and drinks wager many years ago when I was driving to golf with a few friends and one of them said that Wakefield wouldn't win 10 games. I won easily but the guy still hasn't paid up.
My mother had cancer 4 times. She had a radical mastectomy, a lumpectomy, brain cancer and lung cancer finally killed her. She was 86 when she had surgery for her brain cancer and lived another 4 years until the lung cancer.

My mother had cancer 4 times. She had a radical mastectomy, a lumpectomy, brain cancer and lung cancer finally killed her. She was 86 when she had surgery for her brain cancer and lived another 4 years until the lung cancer.
What was the quality of her life after the brain surgery? Cancer that late often goes untreated. At least with chemotherapy.

Unfortunately, my dad was a fit 72 and was given two options; 3 months without chemo and 5 months with it. My wife was a nurse at the time and tried to explain to us that the 3 months would be better because once he started chemo he wasn't going to be able to communicate. She was right.

Did Schilling really need to share it? What an a**hole move. Cancer is such a personal thing and they wanted to keep it that way.......

What was the quality of her life after the brain surgery? Cancer that late often goes untreated. At least with chemotherapy.
After the surgery she still had a very good quality of life. She lived by herself,was able to care for herself for the most part. My sisters and I would take her shopping, medical appointments, etc.. She was a strong woman and bounced back from it pretty quickly even at her age.

prayers for the wakefield family,
not sure if Curt was specifically asked not to share but sorry wake was a Boston/NE public hero and should be in all of our thoughts and prayers, guys leave the politics out of this, he disclosing this should not be anything more than that, that is between those two men, I got mixed feelings over it

Seems to me that some people are more interested in making sure they talk about what an ******* Schilling is than they are in wishing the best for the Wakefields.

Schilling absolutely should not have betrayed something told him in confidence, but people are acting as if he said he is rooting for the cancer. He talked about the fragility of life and asked people to pray for the Wakefields because he believes that is helpful.

Seems to me that some people are more interested in making sure they talk about what an ******* Schilling is than they are in wishing the best for the Wakefields.

Schilling absolutely should not have betrayed something told him in confidence, but people are acting as if he said he is rooting for the cancer. He talked about the fragility of life and asked people to pray for the Wakefields because he believes that is helpful.
It wasn't his place to do that. If Wakefield wanted it public, he would have made it public. Schilling had no right to do what he did no matter his intentions.

It wasn't his place to do that. If Wakefield wanted it public, he would have made it public. Schilling had no right to do what he did no matter his intentions.
Yes, that is why I said "Schilling absolutely should not have betrayed something told him in confidence". Thank you for restating but repeating exactly what I said in my post.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back