PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

USA Today 6 "expert" Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that they all have a OLB at 21. I can see Wimbley there, if he somehow drops, but not Carpenter.

I could live with that very nicely.:rocker:

5 out of 6 'experts' pick Bobby Carpenter for us, that's about as sure a sign as you can get that it's not gonna be Carpenter.

i start to think too that we will NOT draft Carpenter...

They pick Carpenter because Wimbly's not there. They hae a pretty good consensus on Carpenter and Wimbly, but on Greenway and Lawson.
------------

If we want a RB to replace Dillon, Laurence Maroney is the player. I think he is a great combo of speed, vision, and strength.

Joseph Addai isn't much of a cutter or shaker. Although, I like his overall speed and strength.

Just my two cents.

This is also based on no trades. I'm more convinced by the day if Wimbley and/or Lawson get past Baltimore, BB will trade up with Miami and grab one of them.

As for Lawson's size, I found out on Sunday that he took a full load of courses and graduated as an engineering major. (I do not know which discpline.) But as a former engineering major, I can fully believe he had very little time for proper diet and lots of wieght room time. Once he is a full time football player, look for him to gain at least 10-15 pounds of solid muscle.

14thDragon said:
This is also based on no trades. I'm more convinced by the day if Wimbley and/or Lawson get past Baltimore, BB will trade up with Miami and grab one of them.

Yep, very possible.

Trading The first Pick

Unless some falls I gotta belive we are trading out of this spot. I feel more towards trading down than up and try to get an early second and other picks maybe next year.

Just that there is no clear value brackets in first 50 players and we have a ton of picks

I don't know. Maybe all the First round prospects are clumping and trading down could add significant value. But if that is the case, who is going to want to trade up?

Besides, trading all the way out of the first round would seriously hamper things later when it comes time to sign those rookie contracts. I would like to think we will get at the least one solid contributer for the next 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft