PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Updates on Injuries to Sherman and Earl Thomas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
whatever about Shermans availability. you would have to think Thomas is a major major doubt. I think if they play we will challenge them both early. I saw lynch clutching his thigh on several occasions yesterday. wonder if there is anything lingering there.

He plays one side only. It's understood that every corner can play any number of coverages front to back but he won't be swapping sides unless Seattle does something they don't do.

Yep- I am aware that he plays on the left side.

Could have sworn that they slid him around yesterday on Nelson/Cobbs. If not, my bad..

whatever about Shermans availability. you would have to think Thomas is a major major doubt. I think if they play we will challenge them both early. I saw lynch clutching his thigh on several occasions yesterday. wonder if there is anything lingering there.
I'm already thinking that the Pats are running the ball vs SEA and test Thomas and Sherman's tackling. They are fast as hell, but can be moved around.

I have a lot of respect for Sherman playing with one arm and having to press the way he does. For comparison, Talib's soft ass left the 2013 AFCCG with a bruise. A bruise.

I have a lot of respect for Sherman playing with one arm and having to press the way he does. For comparison, Talib's soft ass left the 2013 AFCCG with a bruise. A bruise.

If Talib got hurt like Revis did yesterday...not sure he would have come back into game. Talib is good...but soft

If Talib got hurt like Revis did yesterday...not sure he would have come back into game. Talib is good...but soft
I have to question how good Talib is in big games when he doesn't wimp out. Ty Hilton whipped him bad last week.

Seattle's D line and LBs are fast. I am super curious what the attack plan will be.

Sherman may want to play, but the doctors may force him to miss the Super Bowl depending on the injury.
I'm reading up on my ulnar nerve treatments and when surgery is appropriate.:)

Of course they will try and play. Whether or not they will be as effective is the real question.

Confirmed Thomas has dislocated shoulder, still expected to play, but at what level?

if they are at less than 100%, it is a BIG break for the patriots offensively going against that defense. sure they will try to play but their effectiveness is a question especially if Sherman and Thomas have to play with one arm and try and cover a shifty Edelman or Amendola or even Gronkowski

WE know this first hand as the difference in our last superbowl against the Giants Very well IMO was Gronkowski with his high ankle sprain.

And yet Arrington did a FANTASTIC job on him
Arrington plays his best where T.Y likes to make his money( In the slot). BB has a corner or two for every situation and times like this prove how intuitive he is. So I agree 100 pct with your post and hope arrington continues to earn his check.

sherman won't leave his side of the field...put slater out there on him :)

It's almost simplistically brilliant... Slater lined up against Sherman on one side, and Edelman, LaFell, Gronk, and Dola on the other?

I'm already thinking that the Pats are running the ball vs SEA and test Thomas and Sherman's tackling. They are fast as hell, but can be moved around.

Yeah, SEA's defense looked fast: D-line holes closed quickly on Packer's RBs. So, Blount exercising patience at the line won't get him much. Fast hitting runs might have the best chance.

All I know is I'm glad we finally have a healthy Gronk for the Superbowl. About time the other team has a key guy injured other than us not that I wish for injury or anything.

Yeah, SEA's defense looked fast: D-line holes closed quickly on Packer's RBs. So, Blount exercising patience at the line won't get him much. Fast hitting runs might have the best chance.
That means.....Jonas Gray!:cool:

Poor kid will be asked by reporters from China why he was benched after a 200 yard game.

All I know is I'm glad we finally have a healthy Gronk for the Superbowl. About time the other team has a key guy injured other than us not that I wish for injury or anything.
Its huge. Giants played a lot of zone and left Gronk in single coverage the entire game. A non-threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes