PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update: Krafts honors girl who was booed at Colts Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign her up, I bet she can punt better than Hanson.

Re: Krafts honors girl who was booed at Colts Game

That's awesome, I'm sure she'll get a huge ovation.

Yeah that was harsh by Indy fans, but I'm pretty sure a reaction from NE fans would be the same to someone wearing a Colts jersey.

I sincerely hope that your opinion is in the minority. When people can't look past the petty differences we as fans have with the other teams, just to share a moment with the young ones who have accomplished something. What difference does it make what jersey a person has on. The kids were there to share what they had done, not join in with the rivalry. I am disappointed in you posters that just can't or won't look past your hatred. I wonder how you would think if that had been someone close to you that you were proud of, and to hear others boo. I'm sure you would feel different, and if not you definitely have problems that need addressing. This really makes me angry.:mad:

I sincerely hope that your opinion is in the minority. When people can't look past the petty differences we as fans have with the other teams, just to share a moment with the young ones who have accomplished something. What difference does it make what jersey a person has on. The kids were there to share what they had done, not join in with the rivalry. I am disappointed in you posters that just can't or won't look past your hatred. I wonder how you would think if that had been someone close to you that you were proud of, and to hear others boo. I'm sure you would feel different, and if not you definitely have problems that need addressing. This really makes me angry.

Wow. That brought me to tears.

Anyway, I wouldn't boo the girl, but I'm saying if anyone thinks some NE fans wouldn't have boo'd someone wearing a Colts jersey last week at halftime, then they're wrong.

Guys who have been tailgaiting and drinking for hours in the parking lot, do you think they are even sober enough to realize the difference ? All they see is someone wearing their hated enemy's colors.. I guess for most of them, it must have been pretty instinctive, a visceral reaction...

Witness some of the comments on the Chargers boards or even in response to a post on youtube about a Pats video .... you get an instant response.. sputtered with comments about p*triots, spytiots, cheatriots and other things... It's like a small child throwing a tantrum...

BAAAWW ... I wan't to win too and they won't let me ... they must be cheating, otherwise how do they win all the time? Something must be wrong !

I think this whole controversy is complete nonsense, as I've said elsewhere. But that doesn't mean it's not a good thing to further honor the girl, it's a nice thing to do for her and makes everyone feel good.

agreed (10 char)

This is awesome. :rocker:

Polian thought what his fans did to that poor kid was great...that's why he DID NOTHING and SAID NOTHING about such a grossly disgusting display of pure idiotic behaviour by HIS fanbase.

That'll do pig...that'll do.

Is Philip Rivers going to shriek at her?

Good move by Bob Kraft. I can't say I know him well but he does genuinely sound like a real good guy.

Yep. He seems like one of those guys who finds it easy to appear nice because he really is.

Not Doc Rivers nice, but pretty decent.

And for a paper mogul, he turns out to be quite good at PR. He handled the Putin ring incident brilliantly, for example.

Maybe she can do the famous "lights out" dance in front of the Chargers???

nice to read some good news for once ! :)

She should have turned around and takled that stupid mascot

Stories like this need to get more print around the country to show the good that teams do, not just all of the bad stuff.

Eh, sure we would. Maybe not you in particular, but there would be enough fans that would boo a rival jersey in pretty much every fanbase, no matter who's wearing it.

Like I said, the girl was prepared for some boos. No big deal, she gets some free tickets and a nice ovation out of it.

"Like I said, the girl was prepared for some boos. No big deal, she gets some free tickets and a nice ovation out of it."

Dude, is something wrong with you? No child is prepared for that rejection. And on that SCALE! It is a big deal not only to her, but her friends and family that were watching and feeling very proud of her. My own kids were watching and they commented on the fact that they felt bad for her and felt her embarressment. This kid represented OUR TEAM and got slapped for it. The very least you could do is man up and support this kid. I for one AM VERY VERY PROUD OF THIS CHILD! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

"Like I said, the girl was prepared for some boos. No big deal, she gets some free tickets and a nice ovation out of it."

Dude, is something wrong with you? No child is prepared for that rejection. And on that SCALE! It is a big deal not only to her, but her friends and family that were watching and feeling very proud of her. My own kids were watching and they commented on the fact that they felt bad for her and felt her embarressment. This kid represented OUR TEAM and got slapped for it. The very least you could do is man up and support this kid. I for one AM VERY VERY PROUD OF THIS CHILD! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

I disagree. There are two issues: (1) Was she traumatized? (2) Was it extremely rude?

The answer to the first question is no, she was not traumatized. She thought it was funny. Lets not make more of this than it is.

The answer to the second question is yes, it was very rude and very classless from a fan base that thinks they are high and mighty and that their QB who takes pleasure in shoving is naked as s in a womens face is funny is the somehow the most class person in all of the NFL.

The fact that she was not harmed by the booing doesn't make it less wrong.

definitely cool and it would have been all the sweeter if we were playing indy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe