Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you want Dez traded to New England?

• Yes

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 51 85.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CISGS

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
NFL Rumors: Could New England Patriots Trade For Dallas Cowboys WR Dez Bryant?

Completely unfounded rumor, but interesting to think about.

Hypothetically, if we traded a few picks to Dallas for Dez, how much better would it really make us?

Sit back and imagine Dez on the outside, Hogan on the outside, Edelman in the slot, Martellus flexed out and Gronk with the GOAT slinging it 2007-style.

************. We would rain hell on everyone. I think it is Randy Moss with more longevity. He would straighten up here like Martellus IMO.

fun fact, Dez bryant is on my "Do not draft" list for fantasy football.

1.) he's a headcase
2.)I feel like hes always injured.

I'm sure Jerry and Jonathan would have a great time negotiating that deal.

Other than sarcasm, I think we all agree that Dez is not a Patriot type of player.

Not interested at all really. The idea of Joe Thomas here is fun though.

I believe we had a chance to draft him out of college...BB traded down, I think.

Nope, not realistic in the slightest. He's not known for being book smart. He would never be able to play in this offense.

I think it's an interesting case to think about. Dez is (AFAIK) passionate about winning, and he is clearly a talented receiver with really strong hands (something Dobson will never have), but he is also a headcase and I've heard that he does not take medical treatment seriously. I'm not sure if Belichick will tolerate Dez and his problems (and more importantly, his cap hit).

It is nice to dream about running fades with Dez and Gronk.

But if we are running unrealistic hypothetical scenarios...obviously Julio Jones, AJ Green and Antonio Brown should be top of the list for elite WRs.

This thread brings a question to mind:

Who's this team's current Logan Mankins, in terms of an offensive player 'enforcer' type in the locker room?

This thread brings a question to mind:

Who's this team's current Logan Mankins, in terms of an offensive player 'enforcer' type in the locker room?

I'd guess gronk and Bennett.

Dez strikes me as the type of guy who, by all accounts, should totally fail in New England and be a big problem - but somehow surprises everyone and produces.

We were all afraid Bennett could be a problem too. Playing winning football can go a long way for guys who are passionate about winning.

As much as I trust BB and the Pats to take nut cases and make them work in the system, Dez is someone I DO NOT want on our team. He and Jerry Jones are a match made in heaven. The guys is never satisfied with anything. Players like Dez are best left to a team like Dallas.

Nope! Two games in and he'll be complaining about not getting enough looks.
If he does come here and play a coupe of games, he'll be sure to get as many looks as he wants from BB :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft