PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Typical Josh McDaniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridley had 1 run of 11 yards. The rest of his runs? 7 runs, 10 yards

Yes, it is what it is, but it's not what you seem to think.

They got rid of Mankins, so those numbers are not really a surprise.

Josh McDaniels is a great example of why you do not get back together with your ex-girlfriend. The likelihood is she will be very different and potentially damaged by the other men she saw during your time apart.

I am holding out hope that he learns from this at some point.

2nd half series:
Third Quarter

First series
- pass for 3
- pass for 12 (first down)
- run for just 2, setting up 2nd and 8
- sack/fumble

Dolphins take advantage and score tying TD

Second series
- 3 passes and out

Dolphins drive the field and score FG

Third series
- run for -2
- pass for 14 (1st down)
- run resulting in holding penalty and 1st and 20
- inc/sack/9 yard run

How can you possibly be *****ing about the runs when that's what's happening?

The Patriots are a team.

Ridley is not the only player on the Patriots running the ball.

Time of Possession means something and there was a direct correlation to the score.

Yes, but just as it was last year, you're making a really lousy argument, because you don't pay attention to what actually happened. I just laid out all three 3rd quarter drives, and you refuse to grasp the obvious.

Would not work anyway, Ridley is not effective when he takes care of the ball. Forget that Ridley from 2 seasons ago, it was a reckless Ridley and with less bulk. He put up too much muscle last off season.

Also with that line, there would be loss of yards every rush.
Ridley runs as if he is distracted by the fear of fumbling and being benched. Ridley is a young player and things like bring in Blount after he has a career year likely did a number on his confidence. I hope that he can get it back, but I do agree Ridley is not running as he was in 2012. That is on the coaching staff though, they had an excellent young player who was coming off a terrific first season as a starter and they did everything the opposite of what you want them to do to have the player build on his success.

I am holding out hope that he learns from this at some point.

Unfortunately, hope is not a strategy. Belichick has the worst support system in place that he has ever had with McDaniels 2.0 and Patricia as his OC and DC.

wow 3 runs in 3 series.

I remember the game in 2012 in Miami when the Pats ran it 11 times in that game clinching drive, with Ridley getting it 10 times and 5 of his runs weren't more than 3 yards each. Yet McDaniels kept calling his # on that drive and got rewarded with a 7 minute 16 play 80 yard drive ending in a FG where Brady only threw it 3 times for 24 yards

wow 3 runs in 3 series.

I remember the game in 2012 in Miami when the Pats ran it 11 times in that game clinching drive, with Ridley getting it 10 times and 5 of his runs weren't more than 3 yards each. Yet McDaniels kept calling his # on that drive and got rewarded with a 7 minute 16 play 80 yard drive ending in a FG where Brady only threw it 3 times for 24 yards

So you've no grasp at all of why getting a -10 yard result on a run after getting a 2 yard and -2 yard run might dissuade the team from running, and you don't understand that -10 yards on 3 first down carries isn't an optimal result?

Ridley had 1 run of 11 yards. The rest of his runs? 7 runs, 10 yards

Yes, it is what it is, but it's not what you seem to think.

Of course when Ridley was in the game, they knew it was a run. 8 carries in 22 plays vs Vereen 7 carries in 61 plays. And you can't judge a running game by 8 sporadic runs.

So you've no grasp at all of why getting a -10 yard result on a run after getting a 2 yard and -2 yard run might dissuade the team from running, and you don't understand that -10 yards on 3 first down carries isn't an optimal result?

The passing game was equally ineffective, they stuck with that.

Ya give up on the run because the guy who was just seeing live NFL reps for the first time in 10 months was blocking on a sweep.

But ya McDaniels deciding to abandon the run and short/screen game and stick with the intermediate and deep pass really worked out.

Ya give up on the run because the guy who was just seeing live NFL reps for the first time in 10 months was blocking on a sweep.

But ya McDaniels deciding to abandon the run and short/screen game and stick with the intermediate and deep pass really worked out.

4th quarter, first drive
- 3 passes and out

Miami then goes 3-and-out for the second time in the quarter

4th quarter, second drive
- pass to Ridley for a 4 yard gain

Then, the key moment of the game. Brady completes a 15 yard pass, but the OPI results in it getting called back, and what would have been a 1st down inside the Miami 30 becomes 2nd and long on the NE side of the field.
- Bolden then gets a run, for 7 yards, leaving it 3rd and 9
- incompletion, followed by a punt

Where's the issue there that's a product of the run/pass ratio? There is none. What happened next was Miami moving the ball down and scoring AFTER A 6 MINUTE DRIVE. By the time Brady and the Patriots get the ball back, it's a 10 point Miami lead with 3:25 left to play. Not surprisingly, the Patriots go with the pass after that, throwing 16 passes in the last 2 drives, with only 2 runs.

For all the *****ing. For all the crappy play. For all the questionable coaching, this game turned on an OPI call when NE was down 3 and the play would have moved them into FG range. It wasn't the run/pass ratio.

Yes, but just as it was last year, you're making a really lousy argument, because you don't pay attention to what actually happened. I just laid out all three 3rd quarter drives, and you refuse to grasp the obvious.

The 3 drives you list:

1st; ends in a sack/fumble on a PASS play
2nd; 3 PASSES and out
3rd: after gaining one 1st down, they go 3 and out on an incomplete PASS/sack on a PASS PLAY/9 yd run

You did a great job of proving the exact opposite of what you are claiming.

You then followed that up with your post about two 4th qtr drives that FURTHER prove that the over reliance on the passing game wasn't working:p

1st: 3 PASSES and out
2nd: 4yd pass to Ridley/OPI because the OL couldn't PASS BLOCK worth a damn without holding/Bolden 7 yd run/incomplete PASS

**What does a 27/6 Pass to Run ratio result in? an 18:31-11:29 ToP deficit for the Patriots Defense in the 2nd half in Miami in 89 degree heat with 61% humidity, that's what.

You just made the argument about how the passing game was not working yet they continued to dig the hole deeper.

Thank you - - excellent job!

wow 3 runs in 3 series.

BTW went back and looked before this drive Ridley carried 9 times for 25 yards a 2.7 ypc. On this drive alone he was 10 for 46 for 4.6.

Feed it to Ridley and yes there will be some 3 or less yard gains. But feed it to him consistently and the chains will move.

Brady up until this drive was struggling for the day

21 of 40 for 210 yards 1 TD 1 INT sacked 4 times.

The 3 drives you list:

1st; ends in a sack/fumble on a PASS play
2nd; 3 PASSES and out
3rd: after gaining one 1st down, they go 3 and out on an incomplete PASS/sack on a PASS PLAY/9 yd run

You did a great job of proving the exact opposite of what you are claiming.

You then followed that up with your post about two 4th qtr drives that FURTHER prove that the over reliance on the passing game wasn't working:p

1st: 3 PASSES and out
2nd: 4yd pass to Ridley/OPI because the OL couldn't PASS BLOCK worth a damn without holding/Bolden 7 yd run/incomplete PASS

**What does a 27/6 Pass to Run ratio result in? an 18:31-11:29 ToP deficit for the Patriots Defense in the 2nd half in Miami in 89 degree heat with 61% humidity, that's what.

You just made the argument about how the passing game was not working yet they continued to dig the hole deeper.

Thank you - - excellent job!

Tell me, have you ever heard of staying ahead of the chains? Your post seems to indicate that you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. The sack/fumble, just for example, happened on a 2nd and long that followed a 2 yard run. 2nd and 8, as you should know, but apparently don't, is generally a passing down that allows the defense to largely ignore the run and focus on the QB.

Last edited:
Pass plays take more out defenses, not offenses.

Miami didnt look tired at all.

They rushed 4 a lot and could just tee off because of no threat of the run.

Tell me, have you ever heard of staying ahead of the chains? Your post seems to indicate that you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

"Staying ahead of the chains"??????? :D

I'll go with "Time of Possession" and "Scoreboard" "4.45 YPC", "4 Sacks" and the very obvious observation that their edge rushers were killing both our Tackles.

You can try to finesse your argument as much as you desire with something called "staying ahead of the chains".

Thanks for the comedy.

Miami didnt look tired at all.

They rushed 4 a lot and could just tee off because of no threat of the run.

Exactly! Their D was on the field only 11:29 in the 2nd half because the Pats were so intent on throwing the ball 27/6 and getting off the field as quickly as possible. .

"Staying ahead of the chains"??????? :D

I'll go with "Time of Possession" and "Scoreboard" "4.45 YPC", "4 Sacks" and the very obvious observation that the edge rushers were killing both our Tackles.

You can paint whatever picture with words you desire with something called "staying ahead of the chains".

Thanks for the comedy.

My pleasure. Your display of a complete lack of football understanding has made it all worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back