PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Law to Visit Tennesse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't have the money. They are currently only $500,00 over the salary cap (I think I read that on pro football talk) and they're still trying to straighten out their mess with McNair.

Willie55 said:
They don't have the money. They are currently only $500,00 over the salary cap (I think I read that on pro football talk) and they're still trying to straighten out their mess with McNair.
Once they cut McNair, they will be about $20 million under the cap.

I thought they got $9 million once he's gone, but he's not going away anytime soon, I think he's grieving being barred from the facility.

Also, they still have to sign their draft picks.

Ty will go to whoever pays him the most. Period.

Yes..he will..but maybe there will not be the BIG GREEN takers that he wants..if it is close..he will return here...

Willie55 said:
I thought they got $9 million once he's gone, but he's not going away anytime soon, I think he's grieving being barred from the facility.

Also, they still have to sign their draft picks.

That is what the reports all indicate because that is his salary for 2006. The rest is cap hit from previous restructures and it can't be moved or removed. The only way he stays is if he restructures so they can prorate what he actually gets this season. He likely sees that as a one year accommodation, especially now that they drafted Young, and he'd just be on the market again next season or the season thereafter depending on how the youngster progresses and how the season unfolds. And signing your draftpicks is costly when one is the #1 QB taken and in the top 5 of the draft. His deal would likely eat up at least half of what they net if McNabb is restructured or dealt or cut.

That is probably why Ty isn't even scheduled to visit there until sometime next week, which will be after the arbitor hears McNabb's grievance.

Titans | Team to visit with T. Law
Wed, 3 May 2006 06:29:56 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports free agent CB Ty Law (Jets) will visit with the Tennessee Titans sometime next week. "What we'll do is bring him in, give him a physical and let him visit with the coaches and see exactly where we are,'' Titans' general manager Floyd Reese said. "I don't know what our chances might be (of signing Law), but it's worth an attempt. We'll spend some time with him and see.'' Law has a big price tag, however, and right now the Titans don't have much money to work with. They could free up at cap money by releasing or trading QB Steve McNair. If the Titans can't sign Law, Reese said, the Titans still plan to add a veteran free agent cornerback at some point.

There is no hope in hell of Law returning considering that we dont like to give these players jumbo contracts. Only Brady or Seymour who are like our Franchise Players.

Thought I would post this here just because the way it was worded made me chuckle. Poor Nick - bag man for the Poston's. I guess everyone has some level of access...maybe they'll have Nick call Gruden to alert him in case he doesn't follow Mike Reiss' blog.

Buccaneers | T. Law likely to visit next week
Wed, 3 May 2006 18:21:59 -0700

Mike Reiss, of the Boston Globe, reports free agent CB Ty Law (Jets) is likely to visit with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers next week, according to his agent Carl Poston who told Boston Globe's Nick Cafardo Wednesday, May 3.

yeah Bucs will look at him like they did to Charles Woodson to play FS..full of ball hawks..Barber..Kelley..?LAW? nice trio in the secondary but i hope he comes here..hes been 1 of my favorites and we can use him for 2-3 more years

oldrover said:
Ty will go to whoever pays him the most. Period.

:yeahthat:​

The Titans just lost one of their CB's ... a backup I think [Waddle sic], but this loss is huge for the already thin Titan CB's. The odds just went up for Ty Law going to the Titans.

F.B.N. said:
The Titans just lost one of their CB's ... a backup I think [Waddle sic], but this loss is huge for the already thin Titan CB's. The odds just went up for Ty Law going to the Titans.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Titans CB Michael Waddell is out for 4-6 months after sustaining a knee injury while
"
playing with his 2-year-old son <http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens04may04,0,1921489.story?coll=bal-sports-headlines>."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes