Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ty Law to Visit Tennesse?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by bunzoburns, May 3, 2006.

1. bunzoburns

bunzoburns Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just heard on WEEI...

2. Willie55

Willie55 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

They don't have the money. They are currently only $500,00 over the salary cap (I think I read that on pro football talk) and they're still trying to straighten out their mess with McNair.

3. spacecrime

spacecrime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Once they cut McNair, they will be about $20 million under the cap.

4. Willie55

Willie55 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I thought they got $9 million once he's gone, but he's not going away anytime soon, I think he's grieving being barred from the facility.

Also, they still have to sign their draft picks.

5. oldrover

oldrover 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 3 / -5

#50 Jersey

Ty will go to whoever pays him the most. Period.

6. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Yes..he will..but maybe there will not be the BIG GREEN takers that he wants..if it is close..he will return here...

7. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

That is what the reports all indicate because that is his salary for 2006. The rest is cap hit from previous restructures and it can't be moved or removed. The only way he stays is if he restructures so they can prorate what he actually gets this season. He likely sees that as a one year accommodation, especially now that they drafted Young, and he'd just be on the market again next season or the season thereafter depending on how the youngster progresses and how the season unfolds. And signing your draftpicks is costly when one is the #1 QB taken and in the top 5 of the draft. His deal would likely eat up at least half of what they net if McNabb is restructured or dealt or cut.

That is probably why Ty isn't even scheduled to visit there until sometime next week, which will be after the arbitor hears McNabb's grievance.

Titans | Team to visit with T. Law
    Wed, 3 May 2006 06:29:56 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports free agent CB Ty Law (Jets) will visit with the Tennessee Titans sometime next week. "What we'll do is bring him in, give him a physical and let him visit with the coaches and see exactly where we are,'' Titans' general manager Floyd Reese said. "I don't know what our chances might be (of signing Law), but it's worth an attempt. We'll spend some time with him and see.'' Law has a big price tag, however, and right now the Titans don't have much money to work with. They could free up at cap money by releasing or trading QB Steve McNair. If the Titans can't sign Law, Reese said, the Titans still plan to add a veteran free agent cornerback at some point.

8. Kdo5

Kdo5 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +172 / 8 / -7

There is no hope in hell of Law returning considering that we dont like to give these players jumbo contracts. Only Brady or Seymour who are like our Franchise Players.

9. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Thought I would post this here just because the way it was worded made me chuckle. Poor Nick - bag man for the Poston's. I guess everyone has some level of access...maybe they'll have Nick call Gruden to alert him in case he doesn't follow Mike Reiss' blog.

Buccaneers | T. Law likely to visit next week
    Wed, 3 May 2006 18:21:59 -0700

Mike Reiss, of the Boston Globe, reports free agent CB Ty Law (Jets) is likely to visit with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers next week, according to his agent Carl Poston who told Boston Globe's Nick Cafardo Wednesday, May 3.

10. Remix 6

Remix 6 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

yeah Bucs will look at him like they did to Charles Woodson to play FS..full of ball hawks..Barber..Kelley..?LAW? nice trio in the secondary but i hope he comes here..hes been 1 of my favorites and we can use him for 2-3 more years

11. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,000 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

:yeahthat:​

12. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,000 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

The Titans just lost one of their CB's ... a backup I think [Waddle sic], but this loss is huge for the already thin Titan CB's. The odds just went up for Ty Law going to the Titans.

13. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Titans CB Michael Waddell is out for 4-6 months after sustaining a knee injury while
    "
    playing with his 2-year-old son <http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens04may04,0,1921489.story?coll=bal-sports-headlines>."

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  14. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0