PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Law on Wes Welker (it's not just Bedard)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I say something wrong? Sorry, newbie here!

You playing the noob card ... :rofl:

That's funny ... we all start as noobs. :popcorn:

It was actually a means of ingratiating myself with the forum if I'd made a misunderstanding. Doesn't seem like you're the...welcoming type. What was it that rocked the boat?

Did I say something wrong? Sorry, newbie here!

You said something unintentionally funny, I think.

The idea of the local media being more concerned with causing rifts they can exploit for headlines than actually reporting on the team is an ongoing story for the Patriots.

Welcome aboard!

I'll even give you one of these.

:welcome:

Last edited:
Interesting thing about Ty...he called BB a whole lot of things in public before training camp when the pats refused a new deal and BB just didnt care and in the end Ty law came back and played for the pats that yr. So really , If bb didnt take it out on law that yr what makes him think he is doing something like this to welker...

So, are we supposed to believe that Bill Belichick would pay a guy 9+ million and then sit him out of spite? The same guy who put up with Law's insults, Mankins' insults, Seymour's insults and played all of them to the hilt is now getting pissy over Welker being franchised and is sitting him because he's pissed over that? BB is going to jeopardize the success of him and his team over that? Anyone buying that is an idiot. Just my opinion.

Nailed it.. wish this can be 'tweeted' to the so called media reporters..

You said something unintentionally funny, I think.

The idea of the local media being more concerned with causing rifts they can exploit for headlines than actually reporting on the team is an ongoing story for the Patriots.

Welcome aboard!

I'll even give you one of these.

:welcome:

Haha, cheers. Ah right, I thought so! They've gotta sell papers I guess and it's the same with media everywhere. Can't really blame the press for printing stories when most people are wondering what's going on in the first place. It's indisputable (IMO) that WW is better than Edelman.

Haha, cheers. Ah right, I thought so! They've gotta sell papers I guess and it's the same with media everywhere. Can't really blame the press for printing stories when most people are wondering what's going on in the first place. It's indisputable (IMO) that WW is better than Edelman.

I don't think its as bad as before, but the media with few exceptions used to be bitter sensationalists (see Ron Borges). The Pats went from nowhere to great very fast and BB has never been a stroker of media egos, to put it mildly.

Curran has an interesting take. Welkers making mucho dinero this year, but it's obvious he and the team feel differently about his long term value.

If Wes feels he can get that big free agent deal, the Pats have to replace him, therefore need to see how possible replacements would play in the real game, not preseason.

The Aftermath: Curran has the latest on Welker

By the way, I see no "latest" here, just surmise on TC's part.

Last edited:
here's my theory...It's "Colonel Mustard in the Library with the Candlestick "....got it straight from the source....

frontpagecolumbo1.jpg

i just think its the game plane thing i think BB has given the offense 100% to Josh and he's focusing more on the running which is a good thing IMO and they feel Julian Edelman is a better run blocker

i just think its the game plane thing i think BB has given the offense 100% to Josh and he's focusing more on the running which is a good thing IMO and they feel Julian Edelman is a better run blocker

It's not even just that....he can't play solely running downs because then you're offence becomes predictable. He has done a lot more than just be a reliable run blocker because they're trusting him in passing situations too...and he got targeted six times (with five completions). He's clearly earned the trust of McDaniels and Brady or he wouldn't be put there.

He was on the field for 75 snaps and we only an the ball on 28 of those occasions.

There's no need to over analyse and it's obvious what they're doing; they're showing Welker hat they're not scared to move on. They're preparing for the fact they don't envision him being there in the long term. They're saying hat if you aren't going to buy in to what we are doing then we will find someone else wo does.

Not only that, but they need to start developing someone young NOW. We have to get Edelman ready to take over that role and be a starter in this offence. Most importantly, we need to assess IF he will be ready and decide whether or not we're going to need to make a trade, FA move or draft someone in.

If he was jus a better run blocker, then why would you give him the start. People need to open thir eyes.

Last edited:
I'm amazed at the reasoning people will come up with to justify the stupid moves of the coaching staff

To me it just looks like Welker and Hernandez swapped positions on the depth chart. That became even more apparent when Hernandez went out and Welker played way more.

This isn't accurate because Hernandez has not swapped places with Welker....Edlemen has.

I am a JE fan as noted in the thread devoted to him but he is NOT as good as Welker. The fact that people have to spin reasons for Welker's apparent demotion speaks volumes as to the sense it makes.

1. Edelman is not a better run blocker than Welker.

2. There isn't a game plan out there that would make sense when it comes to taking a superior receiver out of the game for an inferior receiver.

Again, Welker has to have some sort of lingering injury that the team is taking it easy for. Nothing else makes a lick of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST