PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

two round mock 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1. Carolina Panthers- Cam Newton: The Panthers need star power at #1 and I just have feeling they'll take Newton, I'm high on Clausen and think the panthers should give him another chance but I don't see that happening.

#2. Denver Broncos- Marcell Dareus, DT: Safest pick in the draft

#3. Buffalo Bills- Da'Quan Bowers, DE: You could say Patrick Peterson here, but the Bill need pas rushing and someone on the defensive line more.

#4. Cincinati Bengals- AJ Green, WR: Easy pick, really don't see them taking a quarterback.

#5. Arizona Cardinals- Von Miller, DE/LB: Obviously they need more pass rushers under 33.

#6. Cleveland Browns- Nick Fairley, DT: With Green gone, Fairley is the best player on the board and fills a need.

#7. San Francisco 49ers- Patrick Peterson, CB: The Niners won't take a quarterback in the first round and patrick peterson is just too talented to pass up and also fills a big need.

#8. Tennessee Titans- Blaine Gabbert, QB: They need a new franchise quarterback and can't pass on gabbert if he is here.

#9. Dallas Cowboys- Prince Amukumara, CB: Mike Jenkins is too inconsistent and Terrence Newman is old.

#10. Washington Redskins- Jake Locker, QB: SURPRISE!!! Mike Shanahan really likes Locker, comparing him to one of his former QBs Jake Plummer. The Vikings have been connected to Locker at #12 so Shanahan scoops him up here before he makes it to Minnesota.

#11. Houston Texans- Robert Quinn, DE/LB: He's a project but still a good pick.

#12. Minnesota Vikings- Cameron Jordan, DE/DT: Could play at defensive end or next to Kevin Williams at defensive tackle.

#13. Detroit Lions- Tyron Smith, OT: The year they finally take a tackle.

#14. St. Louis Rams- Julio Jones, WR: Safe pick, they need a playmaker for Bradford.

#15. Miami Dolphins- Mark Ingram, RB: They're said to be looking for a running back with power and speed, Ingram fits that mold.

#16. Jacksonville Jaguars- Ryan Kerrigan, DE: Aaron Kampman is in his mid 30s and Derrick Harvey looks like a bust.

#17. New England Patriots- Anthony Castonzo, OT: A Safe typical Patriots pick and protects Brady.

#18. San Diego Chargers- JJ Watt, DE/DT: The Chargers will be thrilled to have Watt fall here and make the pick within 2 minutes.

#19. New York Giants- Corey Liuget, DT: Barry Coefield is a free agent, Liuget is a good replacement.

#20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Adrian Clayborn, DE: They desperately need a solid defensive end.

#21. Kansas City Chiefs- Phil Taylor, NT: Taylor is a freak, for a 330 pound nose tackle to move around the way he does is just freakish.

#22. Indianapolis Colts- Nate Solder, OT: Can't have too much protection for Peyton Manning.

#23. Philadelphia Eagles- Jimmy Smith, CB: They have nothing across from Asante Samuel.

#24. New Orleans Saints- Aldon Smith, DE: They need better pass rushers, Smith fixes that.

#25. Seattle Seahawks- Jonathan Baldwin, WR: Mike Williams is good, but they need a vertical threat across from him.

#26. Baltimore Ravens- Torrey Smith, WR: Local player who fits the Ravens need for a deep threat.

#27. Atlanta Falcons- Titus Young, WR: Getting a playmaker across from Roddy White is their biggest need.

#28. New England Patriots- Brooks Reed, DE/LB: High energy pass rusher who fits exactly what the patriots are looking for.

#29. Chicago Bears- Gabe Carimi, OT: They clearly need better protection for Jay Cutler and will be thrilled to get Carimi here.

#30. New York Jets- Justin Houston, DE/LB: They could use an upgrade from Bryan Thomas with Jason Taylor gone.

#31. Pittsburgh Steelers- Mike Pouncey, G: Brother of Maurkice who fills a need.

#32. Green Bay Packers- Muhammed Wilkerson, DE/DT: Wilkerson is a beast and they could use a replacement for free agent Cullen Jenkins besides Howard Green

*I'll post my 2nd round later

Last edited:
2nd Round

#33. New England Patriots- Cameron Heyward, DE/DT: The Patriots MUST take Cameron Heyward if he is available here. He has the size (6'5" 294 lbs.) that they look for in defensive ends.

#34. Denver Broncos- Rahim Moore, S: Renaldo Hill should be a back up and Brian Dawkins is only getting older, they need to add some youth to their secondary.

#35. Buffalo Bills- Kyle Rudolph, TE: Rudolph is one of the best players available here and the Bills need another recieving threat. They could take a quarterback here instead.

#36. Cincinnati Bengals- Ryan Mallett, QB: Character Concerns? that's a phrase that is unspoken in the Bengals front office. They need a replacement for Palmer and I love Mallett's potential.

#37. New England Patriots (Trade with Arizona)- Tandon Doss, WR: The Patriots traded up a couple spots to grab Rob Gronkowski last year. I think they will leap frog Cleveland to grab Doss. At 6'2" 201 lbs., Doss is that bigger receiver the pats need.

#38. Cleveland Browns- Randall Cobb, WR: If Tandon Doss isn't available, the next best thing for the Browns is Randall Cobb. He's a speedy receiver who will fit in the West Coast Offense.

#39. San Francisco 49ers- Christian Ponder, QB: Here's the reason I didn't have the Niners taking a QB in the first round. Ponder is the best West Coast Quarterback in this draft and fits what Jim Harbaugh is looking for.

#40. Tennessee Titans- Stephen Paea, DT: Aside from Tony Brown and Derrick Morgan, the Titans D-Linemen are pretty mediocre. Paea is a great pick here.

#41. Dallas Cowboys- Derek Sherrod, OT: The Cowboys could take a tackle in the 1st round but I think they will go with Amukumara. Doug Free didn't show enough last season to be handed the starting job again, he needs competition.

#42. Washington Redskins- Akeem Ayers, LB: Ayers is slipping after failing to impress at the combine but the Redskins will be glad to take him here.

#43. Houston Texans- Brandon Harris, CB: Houston's secondary is embarassing, they need as much help as they can get.

#44. Minnesota Vikings- Colin Kapernick, QB: Joe Webb looked good in a couple of starts but is just a long ways away from being a great NFL Quarterback. Kapernick is much more talented than Webb and has demonstrated very good leadership qualities.

#45. Detroit Lions- Martez Wilson, LB: Ashlee Palmer and Bobby Carpenter won't get the job done. Martez Wilson is a steal here.

#46. St. Louis Rams- Bruce Carter, LB: James Laurinaitus is great but the Rams have nothing else around him.

#47. Denver Broncos- Ryan Williams, RB: John Fox had two 1,000 yard rushers in Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams. There's no way Knowshon Moreno handles the entire load and Correll Buckhalter is not the answer.

#48. Jacksonville Jaguars- Aaron Williams, CB/S: Williams is capable of playing both safety and cornerback, two areas of need for Jacksonville.

#49. Oakland Raiders- Benjamin Ijalana, OT/G: With Robert Gallery likely gone and the rest of the Raiders offensive line mediocre, they need as much depth as possible.

#50. San Diego Chargers- Sam Acho, DE/LB: The Chargers biggest needs are defensive end and outside linebacker. They got JJ Watt in round 1 and take Sam Acho here.

#51. New York Giants- Mikel LeShoure, RB: Ahmad Bradshaw is a free agent and hasn't proved he can stay healthy, Brandon Jacobs can't handle a full load if Bradshaw goes done. LeShoure is too good to pass on here.

#52. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Mason Foster, LB: Quincy Black, Geno Hayes, Jon Alston? The Bucs, like their defensive line, just need more productive linebackers.

#53. Kansas City Chiefs- Leonard Hankerson, WR: The Chiefs really need someone to take the pressure and double coverage off of Dwayne Bowe. Hankerson is a great fit.

#54. Indianapolis Colts- Marvin Austin, DT: The Colts haven't had a great DT since Larry Triplett, Marvin Austin has the potential to be an all pro, but character concerns have hurt him.

#55. Philadelphia Eagles-Stefen Wisniewski, C/G: They cut Nick Cole and need to upgrade at guard.

#56. New Orleans Saints- Rodney Hudson, G/C: Jonathan Goodwin and Carl Nicks are both free agents, they need insurance.

#57. Seattle Seahawks- Jabaal Sheard, DE: Chris Clemons had a good year, but they need someone across from him.

#58. Baltimore Ravens- Ras-I Dowling, CB: Josh Wilson and Chris Carr both had good years, but they need someone else if one of them are not brought back.

#59. Atlanta Falcons- Jordan Toddman, RB: I'm really not sure where Atlanta goes here because they don't have a lot of needs, but they could use a back to complement Michael Turner and perhaps be his successer.

#60. Arizona Cardinals (Trade with Patriots)- John Moffitt, G: Deuce Letui is just not the answer at guard and they relied too much on Alan Faneca. They need to get better at guard and Moffitt will help a lot.

#61. Chicago Bears- Greg Jones, LB: They need someone else to go with Urlacher and Briggs.

#62. New York Jets- Quinton Carter, S: Brodney Pool and Eric Smith are free agents and they need someone else to go with Jim Leonhard.

#63. Pittsburgh Steelers- Curtis Brown, CB: Bryant McFadden started out good last season but then seemed to fade away towards the end of the season. Withe Ike Taylor and William Gay Free Agents as well, cornerback is a big need for the Steelers.

#64. Green Bay Packers- Marcus Cannon, G: They have a hole at guard with Daryn Colledge likely gone and Cannon is one of the best guards available.

wanted to try my hand with a 3 rounder with what I have come to expect from BB, plenty of trades, lambast away

New England trades down from #17 and 2012 5th for Seattle #25 and 2012 2nd.
New England trades #28 for BUF 2012 1st round and 2011 3rd and 5th.
New England trades #33 for Tenn #39 and 2012 3rd rounder.
New England trades for MIN #43 with #60, #92 and 5th round selection.

#1 Carolina Panthers: Da'Quan Bowers, DE

#2 Denver Broncos: Marcell Dareus, DT/3-4 DE

#3 Buffalo Bills: Patrick Peterson, CB

#4 Cincinnati Bengals: Nick Fairley, DT

#5 Arizona Cardinals: Blaine Gabbert, QB

#6 Cleveland Browns: Robert Quinn, DE/OLB

#7 San Francisco 49ers: Von Miller, OLB

#8 Tennessee Titans: Cameron Jordan, DE

#9 Dallas Cowboys: Anthony Castonzo OT

#10 Washington Redskins: Mark Ingram, RB

#11 Houston Texans: Prince Amukamara, CB

#12 Minnesota Vikings: A.J. Green, WR

#13 Detroit Lions: Tyron Smith, OT

#14 St. Louis Rams: Aldon Smith, DE

#15 Miami Dolphins: Julio Jones, WR

#16 Jacksonville Jaguars:Cameron Heyward, DE

#17 Seattle Seahawks from NE: Cam Newton, QB

#18 San Diego Chargers: Adrian Clayborn, DE

#19 New York Giants: Ryan Kerrigan, DE

#20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gabe Carimi, OT

#21 Kansas City Chiefs: JJ Watt, DE

#22 Indianapolis Colts: Nate Solder, OT

#23 Philadelphia Eagles: Mike Pouncey, G

#24 New Orleans Saints: Corey Liuget, DT

#25 New England Patriots fom SEA: Muhammad Wilkerson, DT/DE

#26 Baltimore Ravens: Torrey Smith, WR

#27 Atlanta Falcons: Brandon Harris, CB

#28 Buffalo Bills from NE: Jake Locker, QB

#29 Chicago Bears: Derek Sherrod, DT

#30 New York Jets: Benjamin Ijalana, G

#31 Pittsburgh Steelers: Stephen Paea, DT/DE

#32 Green Bay Packers: Akeem Ayers, DE/OLB

round two

#33 Tennessee Titans from CAR through NE: Ryan Mallett, QB

#34 Buffalo Bills: Justin Houston, OLB

#35 Cincinnati Bengals: Aaron Williams, CB/FS

#36 Denver Broncos: Rahim Moore, FS

#37 Cleveland Browns: Phil Taylor, NT

#38 Arizona Cardinals: Martez Wilson, ILB

#39 New England Patriots from TENN: Brooks Reed, DE/OLB

#40 Dallas Cowboys: Sam Acho, DE/OLB

#41 Washington Redskins: Mike LeShoure, RB

#42 Houston Texans: Leonard Hankerson, WR

#43 New England Patriots from MINN: Danny Watkins, G

#44 Detroit Lions: Stefen Wisniewski, C/G

#45 San Francisco 49ers: Jabaal Sheard, DE/OLB

#46 Denver Broncos: Quinton Carter, FS

#47 St. Louis Rams: Marvin Austin, DT

#48 Oakland Raiders: Ras-I Dowling, CB

#49 Jacksonville Jaguars: Christian Ponder, QB

#50 San Diego Chargers: Kyle Rudolph, TE

#51 Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Bruce Carter, OLB

#52 New York Giants: Curtis Brown, CB

#53 Indianapolis Colts: Tyler Sash, SS

#54 Philadelphia Eagles: Christian Ballard, DT

#55 Kansas City Chiefs: Rodney Hudson, C/G

#56 New Orleans Saints: Mason Foster, OLB

#57 Seattle Seahawks: Luke Stocker, TE

#58 Baltimore Ravens: Randall Cobb, WR/KR

#59 Atlanta Falcons: Titus Young, WR

#60: Minnesota from NE: Marcus Cannon, G

#61 San Diego Chargers: Tandon Doss, WR

#62 Chicago Bears: Marvin Austin, DT

#63 Pittsburgh Steelers: Quan Sturdivant, ILB

#64 Green Bay Packers: Joseph Barksdale, OT

Round 3

#65 Carolina: Jarvis Jenkins DT

#66 Cincinnati: Johnny Patrick, CB

#67 Denver: Kendall Hunter RB

#68 New England: DeMarco Murray RB

#69 Arizona: Titus Young, WR

#70 Cleveland: Jordan Todman RB

#71 Dallas: Brandon Burton CB

#72 New Orleans via Washington: DeAndre McDaniel S

#73 Houston: Tandon Doss, WR

#74 New England via Minnesota : Chimdi Chekwa CB

#75 Detroit: Quinton Carter S

#76 San Francisco: Clint Boling OG

#77 Tennessee: Kelvin Sheppard ILB

#78 St. Louis: Stephen Schilling OG

#79 Miami: Daniel Thomas RB

#80 Jacksonville: Ricky Stanzi QB

#81 Oakland: Marcus Gilchrist, CB

#82 San Diego: Shane Vereen RB

#83 New York Giants: Mason Foster, OLB

#84 Tampa Bay: Roy Helu RB

#85 Philadelphia: Buster Skrine, CB

#87 Indianapolis: Jurrell Casey DT

#88 New Orleans: Chris Carter OLB

#89 San Diego via Seattle: Orlando Franklin OT

#90 Baltimore: Buster Skrine CB

#91 Atlanta: Dontay Moch OLB

#92 Minnesota from NE: James Carpenter OT

#93 Chicago: Jason Pinkston OT

#94 New York Jets: Allen Bailey DE

#95 Pittsburgh: Shareece Wright CB

#96 Green Bay : Joe Lefedged SS

WE GET:

#25 Muhammad Wilkerson, DT/DE
#39 Brooks Reed, DE/OLB
#43 Danny Watkins, G
#68 DeMarco Murray RB
#74 Chimdi Chekwa CB

Seattle 2012 2nd rounder
Buf 2012 1st rounder and 2011 5th
Tenn 2012 3rd rounder

Last edited:
Tricktak, interesting mock, thanks! It's a little funny, though, to only project trades for the Patriots. Once you start thinking about trades, there are some key trigger spots earlier on that could change a lot. E.g. if Peterson really falls to 7, I see Jerry Jones making a big push to move up for him. Peterson is the kind of flashy big-play guy Jones drools over. Then the Vikings -- if 3 QBs really go top 10, I can't imagine that they'll just sit back and see if anybody might fall to them at 44.

wanted to try my hand with a 3 rounder with what I have come to expect from BB, plenty of trades, lambast away

New England trades down from #17 and 2012 5th for Seattle #25 and 2012 2nd.
New England trades #28 for BUF 2012 1st round and 2011 3rd and 5th.
New England trades #33 for Tenn #39 and 2012 3rd rounder.
New England trades for MIN #43 with #60, #92 and 5th round selection.

#1 Carolina Panthers: Da'Quan Bowers, DE

#2 Denver Broncos: Marcell Dareus, DT/3-4 DE

#3 Buffalo Bills: Patrick Peterson, CB

#4 Cincinnati Bengals: Nick Fairley, DT

#5 Arizona Cardinals: Blaine Gabbert, QB

#6 Cleveland Browns: Robert Quinn, DE/OLB

#7 San Francisco 49ers: Von Miller, OLB

#8 Tennessee Titans: Cameron Jordan, DE

#9 Dallas Cowboys: Anthony Castonzo OT

#10 Washington Redskins: Mark Ingram, RB

#11 Houston Texans: Prince Amukamara, CB

#12 Minnesota Vikings: A.J. Green, WR

#13 Detroit Lions: Tyron Smith, OT

#14 St. Louis Rams: Aldon Smith, DE

#15 Miami Dolphins: Julio Jones, WR

#16 Jacksonville Jaguars:Cameron Heyward, DE

#17 Seattle Seahawks from NE: Cam Newton, QB

#18 San Diego Chargers: Adrian Clayborn, DE

#19 New York Giants: Ryan Kerrigan, DE

#20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gabe Carimi, OT

#21 Kansas City Chiefs: JJ Watt, DE

#22 Indianapolis Colts: Nate Solder, OT

#23 Philadelphia Eagles: Mike Pouncey, G

#24 New Orleans Saints: Corey Liuget, DT

#25 New England Patriots fom SEA: Muhammad Wilkerson, DT/DE

#26 Baltimore Ravens: Torrey Smith, WR

#27 Atlanta Falcons: Brandon Harris, CB

#28 Buffalo Bills from NE: Jake Locker, QB

#29 Chicago Bears: Derek Sherrod, DT

#30 New York Jets: Benjamin Ijalana, G

#31 Pittsburgh Steelers: Stephen Paea, DT/DE

#32 Green Bay Packers: Akeem Ayers, DE/OLB

round two

#33 Tennessee Titans from CAR through NE: Ryan Mallett, QB

#34 Buffalo Bills: Justin Houston, OLB

#35 Cincinnati Bengals: Aaron Williams, CB/FS

#36 Denver Broncos: Rahim Moore, FS

#37 Cleveland Browns: Phil Taylor, NT

#38 Arizona Cardinals: Martez Wilson, ILB

#39 New England Patriots from TENN: Brooks Reed, DE/OLB

#40 Dallas Cowboys: Sam Acho, DE/OLB

#41 Washington Redskins: Mike LeShoure, RB

#42 Houston Texans: Leonard Hankerson, WR

#43 New England Patriots from MINN: Danny Watkins, G

#44 Detroit Lions: Stefen Wisniewski, C/G

#45 San Francisco 49ers: Jabaal Sheard, DE/OLB

#46 Denver Broncos: Quinton Carter, FS

#47 St. Louis Rams: Marvin Austin, DT

#48 Oakland Raiders: Ras-I Dowling, CB

#49 Jacksonville Jaguars: Christian Ponder, QB

#50 San Diego Chargers: Kyle Rudolph, TE

#51 Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Bruce Carter, OLB

#52 New York Giants: Curtis Brown, CB

#53 Indianapolis Colts: Tyler Sash, SS

#54 Philadelphia Eagles: Christian Ballard, DT

#55 Kansas City Chiefs: Rodney Hudson, C/G

#56 New Orleans Saints: Mason Foster, OLB

#57 Seattle Seahawks: Luke Stocker, TE

#58 Baltimore Ravens: Randall Cobb, WR/KR

#59 Atlanta Falcons: Titus Young, WR

#60: Minnesota from NE: Marcus Cannon, G

#61 San Diego Chargers: Tandon Doss, WR

#62 Chicago Bears: Marvin Austin, DT

#63 Pittsburgh Steelers: Quan Sturdivant, ILB

#64 Green Bay Packers: Joseph Barksdale, OT

Round 3

#65 Carolina: Jarvis Jenkins DT

#66 Cincinnati: Johnny Patrick, CB

#67 Denver: Kendall Hunter RB

#68 New England: DeMarco Murray RB

#69 Arizona: Titus Young, WR

#70 Cleveland: Jordan Todman RB

#71 Dallas: Brandon Burton CB

#72 New Orleans via Washington: DeAndre McDaniel S

#73 Houston: Tandon Doss, WR

#74 New England via Minnesota : Chimdi Chekwa CB

#75 Detroit: Quinton Carter S

#76 San Francisco: Clint Boling OG

#77 Tennessee: Kelvin Sheppard ILB

#78 St. Louis: Stephen Schilling OG

#79 Miami: Daniel Thomas RB

#80 Jacksonville: Ricky Stanzi QB

#81 Oakland: Marcus Gilchrist, CB

#82 San Diego: Shane Vereen RB

#83 New York Giants: Mason Foster, OLB

#84 Tampa Bay: Roy Helu RB

#85 Philadelphia: Buster Skrine, CB

#87 Indianapolis: Jurrell Casey DT

#88 New Orleans: Chris Carter OLB

#89 San Diego via Seattle: Orlando Franklin OT

#90 Baltimore: Buster Skrine CB

#91 Atlanta: Dontay Moch OLB

#92 Minnesota from NE: James Carpenter OT

#93 Chicago: Jason Pinkston OT

#94 New York Jets: Allen Bailey DE

#95 Pittsburgh: Shareece Wright CB

#96 Green Bay : Joe Lefedged SS

WE GET:

#39 Brooks Reed, DE/OLB
#43 Danny Watkins, G
#68 DeMarco Murray RB
#74 Chimdi Chekwa CB

Seattle 2012 2nd rounder
Tenn 2012 3rd rounder

Cousin Patsaholic, So far the best Draft I have seen for at least the first four. I can live with five but....Watkins will be a first round pick. He is now up to second best interior guy on Mayocks board.
The Steelers or Packers scoop him.
Here is what bugs me. We finally get a Draft that actually fits our needs and we trade out of it. Frankly....just one time....I would like to see him hold on to all of his picks because we do have six in the first three rounds, and see the results where we have the window closing on Brady. I am of the school that if you don't have the right player in the Draft like a field stretching larger WR , maybe you hunt him in FA like Rice. I would suggest Ochocino would be a great couple year stop gap. He had almost 70 catches on a dysfunctional Team and can still fly. And he will go 110% to prove himself. A Motivated Chad can be a good thing.

This is a real interesting Draft. It is weak in that many positions such as QB, RB, WR and Safety are shallow. But great for us because we have needs that fall into the Draft sweet spot. I think it is also intriguing because the top ten picks are more unsettled than ever so there could me many players falling lower than the should if the QBs start to go. But back to some players I would not hope the Pats to consider. My "anti-binkies" if you will:

1- Tyron Smith. High cut very light OT. Koppen can't stand up to the larger D Lines in our conference and we want to upgrade him at C.How can smith help? PLUS....As one poster suggested, we are not looking for a left OT if we have Volmer. One of the biggest no-no's in Drafting is to take a OT for the right side near the top of the Draft. We can get a kid like Carpenter or Rackley later on. Why the hell do we want to go light-weight O lineman? Think Volmer as the blue print for a Pats OT.

2-Sherrod. Same thing only different. His claim to fame is a finesse OT. A very good one but not a fit here. How many want a finesse OT on the Pats?

3-Liuget-To small for out interior NT and we have many shorter DEs on the roster to play outside with similar talent.

4-Torrey Smith WR- I like the kids mental makeup but his route running is raw. Can't see BB drafting another WR who has to develop. The Tate experiment....and he had all the chances in the world, so stop with the "he needs more time" stuff IF you have keyboard in hand...Tate maybe a solid #5 WR/KR at best. Bottom line is BB won't Draft a WR #1 unless Green or Jones fall to #17 and then there might be a discussion.

5-Ayers OLB-Whay would the Pats consider an OLB who has not shown any talent to rush the passed where as the Pac-10 has some QB play that excels? That is just nuts. His weakness is pass rush yet some Cousins want him here....go figure.

6-Rahim Moore FS-No one would have ever thought I would say this but.....Sanders might be as good so why gamble on this unimpressive kid?

7-Leshoure RB-I read one word on him and I threw him off of my "board" I don't care how good his college stats were......Dances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8-Titus Young WR-We have a few of him here already

9-Doss WR-A slowish possession WR who is bigger is nice, but aren't we searching for field stretcher? I passed on him as well.

10-Stephan Wisniewski C/G-Jo-Pa has some good college Teams but his players do not translate well to the NFL game. Quick..... give me five Penn State starters in the NFL right now?....Thought so! We have a highly regarded one here in Ohrnberger who is a JAG. I don't want book ends. He might work out fine but I will cast my lot with someone else. I will wait on Moffitt perhaps a round later who is a bigger center that we can groom for Koppen and can play Guard in the interim. I think Moffitt will be a better pro and he has that Mankins type bad attitude.

I think your first four guys are underrated and a great value even if we pick them where we stand.

DW Toys

Last edited:
Good catch, that throws things off a bit.

I seem to be in the minority, but I'm fine with CB Harris at #28 if they get a DE like Watt at #17. Solid value, and he looks like an NE CB to me. Moore -- especially AFTER Harris -- is another story.

As for trades into 2012, I fully expect to see at least 1. I just can't know which picks at this point, it all depends on who's on the board. E.g. I'd leap on Watt in this scenario, but if he were gone I'd trade down from #17. Etc.

I agree. If the Pats get an impact front-seven guy like Watt, I'm less worried about drafting an OLB early. If they feel more sure about a corner like Harris than they do about a linebacker like Justin Houston, they should take the corner. It's not like we can't use one. Harris looks like a pretty safe pick to me incidentally.

I actually don't mind the Moore idea, except that I don't love Moore as a player. If there was a better free safety out there, it'd be an interesting idea.

#39 Brooks Reed, DE/OLB
#43 Danny Watkins, G
#68 DeMarco Murray RB
#74 Chimdi Chekwa CB

Seattle 2012 2nd rounder
Tenn 2012 3rd rounder

Wow! Great mock, love the trades. Your first four picks are money in my book.

##17 New England Patriots: J.J. Watt, DT/3-4 DE #28 New England Patriots: Brandon Harris, CB #33 New England Patriots: Rahim Moore, FS#60 New England Patriots: Marcus Cannon, G

Great Effort on the mock. I would not be upset if your first three picks were dead on.

Good overall effort. This draft is so hard to predict. I think you missed on:

#28 New England Patriots: Brandon Harris CB We need OL help.
Give me either Derek Sherrod T or Benjamin Ijalana G Get FS or CB in round 3 or later.

#33 New England Patriots: Rahim Moore FS With no OLB taken in the 1st round Pats need to go for Martez Wilson or Brooks Reed or Sam Acho

yeah but there's no way the 49ers trade this pick to Dallas if Peterson is there, they need an impact corner more than Dallas. No Way they trade the pick if Peterson is still there.

Don Banks reports that he's spoken to many people who think the patriots will not pass on JJ Watt because his agent is Tom Condon. Another guy I like, if he's there at #28 is Ryan Kerrigan. He's often looked at as a 4-3 end because he doesn't have enough speed to play linebacker in a 3-4. When I watch tape on him though I think he looks like a linebacker. He Looks a lot like Mike Vrabel when he plays and Vrabel was also said to lack the seed to play 3-4 outside linebacker when he first started with the Patriots.

How about Ryan Kerrigan at 17, Gabe Carimi at 28, Cameron Heyward at 33, Clint Boling at 60, DeMarco Murray and Terrence Tolliver in the 3rd, and Mark Herzlich in the 4th?

Kerrigan is getting some negative pub because of some apparent lack of athleticism. Bottom line is he is productive and works his tail off. At the combine, Solder handled him in their early matchups, then Kerrigan learned from his mistakes and handled Solder. That's some quick adjustment, and shows his intelligence.

Carimi is considered the top run blocking tackle in the draft. What's up with Light? I don't know, but you move Vollmer over and plug Carimi into his spot.

Heyward-had apparent issues with consistency. However, he comes through in some big games, and is a 5 technique with a load of potential.

Boling-A versatile lineman who can be plugged into Neal's vacant spot.

Murray/Tolliver-skills position guys who offer us pass catching out of the back field and a BIG downfield threat who can stretch the field.

Herzlich-he projects more as an ILB because of his skill set, but was an OLB in college, and if he comes back to his former glory, could be an awe inspiring middle round pick.

#37. New England Patriots (Trade with Arizona)- Tandon Doss, WR: The Patriots traded up a couple spots to grab Rob Gronkowski last year. I think they will leap frog Cleveland to grab Doss. At 6'2" 201 lbs., Doss is that bigger receiver the pats need.

*cough* Chad Jackson *cough* :enranged:

How about Ryan Kerrigan at 17, Gabe Carimi at 28, Cameron Heyward at 33, Clint Boling at 60, DeMarco Murray and Terrence Tolliver in the 3rd, and Mark Herzlich in the 4th?

I would prefer
17 - castonzo
28 - wilkerson
33 - martez wilson
60 - brooks reed or jabaal sheard
3a - austin pettis
3b - greg romeus
4 thru 7 - OG's thomas claiborne, steve shilling, and ricky henry and RB roy helu jr.

I would prefer
17 - castonzo
28 - wilkerson
33 - martez wilson
60 - brooks reed or jabaal sheard
3a - austin pettis
3b - greg romeus
4 thru 7 - OG's thomas claiborne, steve shilling, and ricky henry and RB roy helu jr.

That is one of the more surprising mocks I've seen! Picks 28 and 33 are hard to understand for me. Wilkerson isn't the WR you take in the 1st when you have pressing needs elsewhere. Martez Wilson....? ILB? I'd be willing to take an ILB in the 4th or later, but not at the most prime pick of day two.

I'd be surprised if Reed or Sheard last till 60, but I like both those players.

My predominant focus on this draft is OLB, DE, RT, RG, RB, and WR, in that order. My draft follows that focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News