PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tuesday's festivities

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackglass3

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know what time anything is going down tomorrow? I am imagining Goodell's press conference will get Clemens/McNamee like exposure, and Specter's most likely will as well.

In the morning. I think the earliest Goodell's press conference could be is at 9:30 am but it's supposed to be in the am. Walsh is getting there at 7 or 7:30.

Might be as early as 9 a.m. tomorrow for Goodell and at 3:30 p.m. for Specter. I can only imagine how different these two pressers will be. You can almost guarantee that Specter will call out Goodell again and reveal something that Goodell didn't address at his press conference. Unfortunately, Specter will be unable to get his precious Beagles a Super Bowl ring as Walsh wasn't with the Patriots at the time. :(

I can already predict the tone of both press conferences. Goodell's will be that Walsh has revealed nothing new and the saga is pretty much over while Specter will state that Walsh raises new questions about the Patriots that need to be explored far more closely.

My guess is Wednesday that the NYT will come out with a sensational piece about how the story cannot go away and questions need to be answered. Mike Fish over at ESPN will have almost the same exact story.

I can already predict the tone of both press conferences. Goodell's will be that Walsh has revealed nothing new and the saga is pretty much over while Specter will state that Walsh raises new questions about the Patriots that need to be explored far more closely.

My guess is Wednesday that the NYT will come out with a sensational piece about how the story cannot go away and questions need to be answered. Mike Fish over at ESPN will have almost the same exact story.

I'm thinking the offensive signals taping will be key in the ESPN, NYT and Specter coverage even after Goodell says that it is nothing that the NFL didn't already know. Specter and Fish are going to try and keep SpyGate alive whereas everyone else will tire of it.

Wonder how Tomase will address the Super Bowl walkthrough flub? He completely ignored it in his last article about the press conference.

Goodell should have another press conference after Specter's just so the Senator doesn't have the last sayso in this thing.

Walsh - Goodell meeting plan

Found this in case you're interrested, Most if it we alreayd knew but the times are there for you.

NEW YORK (AP) - Former Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh will
meet separately with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and Sen. Arlen
Specter on Tuesday to discuss New England's videotaping of opposing
coaches' playcalling signals in violation of league rules.

Walsh is scheduled to meet with Goodell at the NFL offices in
New York at 7:30 a.m. Afterward, he will travel to Washington to
meet with Specter. Specter, the senior Republican on the Senate
Judiciary Committee, has been critical of the NFL's handling of the
investigation.

Goodell and Specter each plan to hold a news conference after
meeting with Walsh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft