PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trivia

They've both thrown the same number of Pick 6's in Gillette.

boo-yah-got-this.gif

I expect Mac to break that record this season.

Here’s trivia for Tom Brady. What are the two schools he originally wanted to play for but passed on him?

Another trivia question (if you don't mind)

Who called Doug Flutie "America's Midget"?

The answer is

Both threw a pick on their last pass as a patriot
While your answer is true so is mine. Both Brady and Jones have thrown 4 Pick 6's at Gillette.

"To put into context Jones' disappointing performances, Brady finished his career as a Patriot with four pick-sixes thrown at Gillette Stadium. It took Brady 135 games to rack up that total, and Jones has matched that in his 19th home game."

I think I deserve an "Atta Boy"!!!

another mac jones sucks thread?
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

It's going to be a long bye week if folks are going to just make "mac sucks" over and over

Stanford & Cal?
His Dad talked him into sending his tapes to the bigger schools as Tom initially thought his best chance was for the smaller schools.

USC was his top choice followed by UCLA. He briefly mentioned that USC didn’t want him, but UCLA had a standing offer for him. He didn’t get into why he stalled, but he said he was too slow responding and they quickly rescinded the offer for another player. I’m guessing it was Cade McNown.

After UCLA didn’t work out, he turned his attention to Michigan who showed interest. After his visit, he decided that was the school for him.

Regarding Cal, Tom said Steve Marrucci recruited him and said he’d be the starting QB for 1996 season. Tom strongly considered transferring there when he wasn’t getting the playing time he wanted. Lloyd Carr talked him out of it.

I believe the answer is what @RobertWeathers said:

Both have lost 13 games at Gillette Stadium. Brady was 89-13 at GS and Jones is 8-13.

Not sure if that stat includes playoff games or games played at Foxboro Stadium or "Home" games elsewhere like Frankfurt.

Here's the graphic:

IMG_6286.jpeg

Ring 6 waxes it to both (and Bill too)

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back