Trip Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevy

Huh?
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Just got back from my week in New England ... Met some family I didn't know I had, and made it to Gillette for the drubbing that surely has the ASPCA up in arms!

- Gillette / Patriot Place - if you haven't made it there, go. Even if it's not for the game. What Kraft & Co. have done there is impressive to say the least

- Dad is transferring the tix to a guy who has been using them for the last 8 years (he moved to Florida) - after 38 years he's got some of the best seats in the house - 50 yard line, 6 rows from the field - a great game for us to close out a long residence in Foxborough

- Wow the interior OL was fired up! Let these guys go on the attack the rest of the season

- NOISE! Deafening, seat-shaking NOISE! I am still horse

- Message to MR. Kraft - please fund the next Route 1 Improvement Plan. While the bridge and tunnel take a lot of the pedestrian traffic out of the equation, there must be 15-20k more cars than the old days.

- To those of you who go to these games with your Dads/Kids ... Cherish it ... Seriously ... Give up whatever you have to to keep those seats

- 6 days, 8 trips for Fried Clams ... my doctor is going to have a fit, but, DAMN they are good!

- As soon as I got into my rental car I fired up WEEI ... forgot how much doom & gloom these guys wallow in, then quickly change gear when there is a bit of success. Be a homer, or be an Anti-Homer - it doesn't matter as long as you pick a side

- Patriots Hall of Fame theater - the guy who runs it kept staring at my Dad ... after the show he stopped us - turns out he sat next to my dad in the 90's at the old stadium and remembered him. His name? Mark Santos (yup, Gil's son.) Told him his dad needs to get back in the radio booth.

Man, what a great trip that must have been. I envy folks who can afford the tix and get down to the games. Someday I'll get there. It's on my bucket list. :)

Thanks for the report. It's always good to hear what others have experienced.

I'm just getting out of Lot 20 as we speak....:eek:

where did you go for good clams?

Kraft will be forced to improve rte 1 if he gets a Super Bowl

where did you go for good clams?

Kraft will be forced to improve rte 1 if he gets a Super Bowl

Idk about the OP, but for our seafood meal we went to Atlantic Fish Co on Boylston St. We had the fried oysters, clam roll, lobster roll and 2 bread bowl clam chowders and it was delicious. I get really good fried oysters and clams here in Florida, so it wasn't anything to blow my mind, but the lobster roll and chowder were amazing. The remoulade sauce with the oysters was incredible though, much better than any i've had in Florida.

Idk about the OP, but for our seafood meal we went to Atlantic Fish Co on Boylston St. We had the fried oysters, clam roll, lobster roll and 2 bread bowl clam chowders and it was delicious. I get really good fried oysters and clams here in Florida, so it wasn't anything to blow my mind, but the lobster roll and chowder were amazing. The remoulade sauce with the oysters was incredible though, much better than any i've had in Florida.

Never knew Florida had clams.

Never knew Florida had clams.
Yep, we have an abundance of them here. Sometimes when at the beach i'll dig for them for fun. No way i was leaving Boston without have a lobster roll and chowder though. Hard to impress me with fried seafood since we have so much of it here. There is this little place on Tampa Bay I go to that has a platter of shrimp, scallops, clams, oysters and haddock all fried on a bed of onion rings with a side of coleslaw. It's amazing. They also have good fried gator and frog legs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents