PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trent Richardson Not on That Plane Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I agree with you and Deus for being open to look at just about anyone, my personal concern(s) would be:

--possible attitude issue

--redundancy at the "bigger back" position of RB. With Blount, Gray, Bolden (and still a chance for more bellcow Ridley) to return, it may be too much of the same

--3.3 YPC average for his career. Even during his first year in CLE when he racked up 950 yards, he only had a 3.6 average. Since then he's posted 3.0 and 3.3 over the 2013 and 2014 seasons
Valid concerns. I would only be looking at him as a shortlist option for depth. In a scenario where Ridley doesn't get resigned and Blount gets a season-ending injury early in the year, you're suddenly down to pretty much just Gray and Bolden at power RB. So a guy like Richardson may be halfway decent depth in that case. He may just need some coaching, honestly. I don't know that Cleveland and Indianapolis necessarily "coached him up".

This actually sucks. Richardson stinks and him playing would actually help the Pats!

Huge loss for Indy. The kid is a beast. They thought he was going to set the record for the bench at the combine. Unfortunately he didn't participate, but if he had he would have been a beast.

And it's not like the Colts didn't do their homework on him, the Combine was in Indy. They hold it there every year because it is such a difficult place to fly out of and it would not be fair for Indy's scouts to miss it. In fact that's how they discovered Andre Luck.

Ever since he was traded to Colts he never lived up to his expectations. Not really surprised here.

Simply not true. He lived up to his expectations 100%.

It was everyone else who was disappointed.

And to be fair that's their problem, not his. He shouldn't have to be someone he isn't just to make everyone else happy.

Geesh

I think when people are talking about Gray, they should address him as "Two time first round bust, Trent Richardson". I can't believe two teams wasted a first round pick and traded to get him.

I think when people are talking about Gray, they should address him as "Two time first round bust, Trent Richardson". I can't believe two teams wasted a first round pick and traded to get him.

I can, kid's a beast. If he had run at The Combine he would have been fast, and his three cone would have been quick and his vert high. Kids a beast. He has loose hips and sand in his pants. At least I hope it's sand.

And to be fair that's their problem, not his. He shouldn't have to be someone he isn't just to make everyone else happy.

Geesh

TOTALLY on him! When he was traded to Colts he underacheived BIG TIME!

Geesh

TOTALLY Disagree!
When TR was drafted 3rd Overall By Browns he was a monster there and I bet you had him on your fantasy league then. Then they tanked season traded him to Colts he never was productive like he was on cleveland and actually he fell out of favor, he wasn't even featured back, it was Ahmad Bradshaw before he got hurt. Right now, Bradshaw over TR.

I was talking to a Pats fan this morning while out shopping, and he said that he heard that Richardson was actually supposed to start today.

I don't know if that is true as that is the first time I had heard it, but if true that might suggest that Herron is hurting.

I was talking to a Pats fan this morning while out shopping, and he said that he heard that Richardson was actually supposed to start today.

I don't know if that is true as that is the first time I had heard it, but if true that might suggest that Herron is hurting.

He's got a shoulder injury

Sucks for richardson if his family emergency is actually something serious. Feel bad for bagging on him earlier in the thread.

Sucks for richardson if his family emergency is actually something serious. Feel bad for bagging on him earlier in the thread.
I just heard that his mother passed away. My condolences to him and his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe