PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trent Richardson Not on That Plane Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could fly commercial here and make it in plenty of time.

He's not a starter anyway. Guess he didn't want to stand around in the freezing rain.

Maybe they could sign Steve Maneri and plug him in as backup tackle.

I know you're kidding but it's actually too late for the Colts to claim Steve Maneri. They would have to wait until Monday to do it.

So if the Colts release him this offseason.....

So the Colts trade their 1st round pick to the Browns for Richardson ...

The Browns use that pick to take Manziel ...

Is that right ... a loser for a loser???

Shame. He's the perfect ineligible player.

So the Colts trade their 1st round pick to the Browns for Richardson ...

The Browns use that pick to take Manziel ...

Is that right ... a loser for a loser???

How much of a problem do you have to be to become a 1st round bust in your first year with the frikkin' BROWNS ?

I have to admit, being he played under Saban at Alabama and did VERY well there, I figured he'd have a good, if not great, career in the NFL. But I was wrong, and boy howdy how! I'm thinking he had the football smarts, just not the professionalism to get a big wad of cash, a large posse and still pay attention in team meetings, etc. Sort of like the Vince Young of running backs.

In all seriousness, I do wonder where he'll go next year, after the Colts cut him. The way he runs, he might just make it in a Shanahan/Kubiak system.

I can definitely see him succeeding in a "run this direction" system, because he suck's at finding the hole.

His physical abilities got him drafted 3rd(?) overall, there is definitely a base to work with there.

They better hope their starter makes it through the entire game, guy got banged up and barely made it through the game last week. TR isn't much but he's depth.

He actually was inactive last week so he didn't provide any depth either way. He may have found out that he was going to be inactive again this week (which is probably why he didn't bother to show up yesterday morning).

Tough break for a guy who just went on record 48-72 hrs ago claiming that "he'd never be inactive again." I'm guessing that he must have really been pissed when he found out.

I just can't believe that he'd accidentally miss the very last walk through practice of the week one day prior to his biggest game ever--especially after speaking so loudly about how much it affected him in the media, etc.

I think we can all assume that if the Colts really thought they could use him, they'd have found another mode of transportation for him to arrive in Providence. They obviously had no real plans for him tomorrow.

I would in all honesty. He was once regarded as very talented. Clearly he hasn't had success lately but he's still young. Why not take a look?

As much as I agree with you and Deus for being open to look at just about anyone, my personal concern(s) would be:

--possible attitude issue

--redundancy at the "bigger back" position of RB. With Blount, Gray, Bolden (and still a chance for more bellcow Ridley) to return, it may be too much of the same

--3.3 YPC average for his career. Even during his first year in CLE when he racked up 950 yards, he only had a 3.6 average. Since then he's posted 3.0 and 3.3 over the 2013 and 2014 seasons

Couple of comments from the Colts Message Board...

They told TRich he could go, but that he'd have to do it on the ground. As of ten minutes ago he was still just 2.9 yards from where he started.

SOMEONE had to stay behind to setup all the Super Bowl preparation and for the AFCCG champions party for when they get back.

This makes TOTAL sense to me now....

Yeah and since TRICH can only average like 3 yards per carry it's going to take him a LONG time to get all those tables and chairs and beers setup...man he's got his work cutout for him.

And Nixon....well I mean TRICH needs someone to give him emotional support right ?

There is a whole thread dedicated to TRICH... sometimes referred to as "trish"...

http://forums.colts.com/topic/31203-everything-trent-richardson-merge/

I can definitely see him succeeding in a "run this direction" system, because he suck's at finding the hole.

His physical abilities got him drafted 3rd(?) overall, there is definitely a base to work with there.

Dallas Cowboys?

If he can't run behind beasts in Dallas, he can't make it. He can go there and try it out if Jerry is enamoured by the (supposed) talent.

Not that it'll make a big difference at kick off - but I'm glad the Patriots don't have the rape+missed flight+Trent and lost first rounder....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe