PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Training Camp Questions

I went to the Bryant practices almost every year and, at least toward the end, only a few players would sign at a specially designated area.

The Bryant practices were great....I remember one John Hanna incident in particular....

Remember THIS camp.....?

Pats traded Hugh Millen leavingSecules, Zolak, Bledsoe, and Hodson to compete for the three spots on the roster. By the end of the preseason, Bledsoe had won the starting job and Hodson had been cut, with Secules as the backup and Zolak as the third-string quarterback

I watched from about twenty feet away as Bledsoe took his snaps...rope after rope...twenty , thirty yards at a clip...zam, zam, zip...Secules follows him and takes HIS reps...I remember I was with the Stork, an old Marine and die hard Pats fan, he said "man, looks like Secules is throwing under water compared to Bledsoe.."...it WAS that stark. You know what else has always stuck out from thoise days...Bledsoe 's only gaffes in those practices were the screen plays and short dumpoffs...downfield routes he was a laser cannon...the short stuff?...I mean, we all thought it was just a matter of practice, you'd figure, right? he never quite figured that part of the game out.

Remember THIS camp.....?

Pats traded Hugh Millen leavingSecules, Zolak, Bledsoe, and Hodson to compete for the three spots on the roster. By the end of the preseason, Bledsoe had won the starting job and Hodson had been cut, with Secules as the backup and Zolak as the third-string quarterback

I watched from about twenty feet away as Bledsoe took his snaps...rope after rope...twenty , thirty yards at a clip...zam, zam, zip...Secules follows him and takes HIS reps...I remember I was with the Stork, an old Marine and die hard Pats fan, he said "man, looks like Secules is throwing under water compared to Bledsoe.."...it WAS that stark. You know what else has always stuck out from thoise days...Bledsoe 's only gaffes in those practices was the screen plays and short dumpoffs...downfield routes he was a laser cannon...the short stuff?...I mean, we all thought it was just a matter of practice, you'd figure, right? he never quite figured that part of the game out.

Geez, I remember that myself. Bledsoe's rocket arm left no question.

I also remember Tuna exerting control. He was working with one group of defensive players and some defensive backs a few yards away were chatting with each other. Tuna stopped, turned toward them and yelled, "You guys shut the f--k up!" His gray hair was blond from the sun.

One of the members here ,I forget his handle because I'm senile, started taking pics and vids and posting links after every practice he goes to. We all sorta came to the agreement that HE is the de facto preseason multimedia provider.

But for you,I'd suggest, if you are able to attend,definitely GO to the practices open to the public. Stay tuned here to find out when they will be in pads, because padded practices are far more indicative than the shells only sessions...that is, IMO. Others have different tastes.

The Pats first preseason home game is the 16th so you will miss that, but you will certainly be able to get a lot of good looks at the team and Tebow during your vacation time frame.Here's the preseason schedule write-up..

Patriots 2013 Preseason Opponents Announced

check with this board frequently as August approaches....plenty of Pats fans that are presently not here will be checking in and making plans. There is a thread here somewhere that lists a number of suggestioons, from what to wear to shade and , most importantly, refreshment. It's hot at these sessions. You'll need plenty of cool water at the very least.

I guess the defacto a/v guy is me... Class 1 lurker who reads this forum 3 times a day and posts two or three times a year. Im sitting in lima peru working my way back to boston over the next week. Sitting here getting a woodie thinking about first days of camp. My appologies for recycling the same ol vids, but here is a taste from last year's camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcxSYHnOvpA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Training Camp Viewing Question

Ok, so I know the public has access to the stands along the practice field and the hill.

The season ticket holders get access to he end zone bleachers at the end of the practice field.

My question, who gets access to the area beyond the season ticket holder section. I've seen pictures of some of the players signing autographs over there (with much less hoopla than the others parts). Who do you have to know to get in that section?

Re: Training Camp Viewing Question

Ok, so I know the public has access to the stands along the practice field and the hill.

The season ticket holders get access to he end zone bleachers at the end of the practice field.

My question, who gets access to the area beyond the season ticket holder section. I've seen pictures of some of the players signing autographs over there (with much less hoopla than the others parts). Who do you have to know to get in that section?

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but if I am not mistaken that is for people personally invited by players (i.e, family and friends), and the only other people over there are credentialed media and stadium employees.

Remember THIS camp.....?

I watched from about twenty feet away as Bledsoe took his snaps...rope after rope...twenty , thirty yards at a clip...zam, zam, zip...Secules follows him and takes HIS reps...I remember I was with the Stork, an old Marine and die hard Pats fan, he said "man, looks like Secules is throwing under water compared to Bledsoe.."...it WAS that stark. You know what else has always stuck out from thoise days...Bledsoe 's only gaffes in those practices were the screen plays and short dumpoffs...downfield routes he was a laser cannon...the short stuff?...I mean, we all thought it was just a matter of practice, you'd figure, right? he never quite figured that part of the game out.

Bledsoe made an outstanding initial impression, clearly superior to the other stiffs. Great physical talent.

I remember Charlie Weis chewing out the RBs in some drill. Yes Patrick Pass was a target. Guy was a hoot. Unprintable though.

Guys who impressed me off the charts their 1st camps...Bledsoe, TyLaw, Curtis Martin & Deion Branch. The Twig was special from the get go.

LMAO....yeah!!...great vid....man I can watch this stuff all day for real...gotta love the complaint from this guy on your you tube page

SuperSado12 11 months ago

Am I gonna be on TV....Am I gonna be on TV...Am I gonna be on TV!! shut up!!!

heh...everybody's a critic...get back soon Flyboy....one question, you took that with a phone or a vid camera?

Living in Florida I saw Tommy Hodson play in the SEC, and I actually thought the Pats had got themselves a pretty good QB when they drafted him.

:bricks:

He did get inducted into a Hall of Fame recently. For those of you that remember Hodson, check this out; it's actually a pretty good retrospective, from high school to the Pats and post-NFL, obviously focusing on his years at LSU.

“Sometimes it's hard to believe that a little boy from Lockport got to play at LSU and in the NFL,” Hodson said. “Sometimes it seems unreal, like a dream.”

Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame Inductee Tommy Hodson - LSUsports.net

Hodson was a record-setting quarterback at LSU, passing for a school and Southeastern Conference record 9,115 yards and 69 touchdowns, and was a Heisman Trophy candidate.

Hodson's career comes full circle as he will be joining some of the state's greatest football players, and competitors from a wide variety of sports, as a member of the Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame. It becomes official during a sold-out induction ceremony Saturday, June 29, in Natchitoches on the night after the $23 million Hall of Fame Museum has its Grand Opening.​

Last edited:
Re: Training Camp Viewing Question

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but if I am not mistaken that is for people personally invited by players (i.e, family and friends), and the only other people over there are credentialed media and stadium employees.

Yes neither section is a STH section. One is corporate sponsers, and VIP. The other is family and friends.

LMAO....yeah!!...great vid....man I can watch this stuff all day for real...gotta love the complaint from this guy on your you tube page

SuperSado12 11 months ago

Am I gonna be on TV....Am I gonna be on TV...Am I gonna be on TV!! shut up!!!

heh...everybody's a critic...get back soon Flyboy....one question, you took that with a phone or a vid camera?

Hey Joker,

All but one of my videos were shot with a Sony RX100 mounted on a mono-pod and run through YouTubes image stabalization software during editing. I think the first day (training camp day 1 vid) was shot with my cell phone and the result was decent. The phone I used was a Motorola Droid Bionic.

BTW, I'm finally back on US soil. Wearing a Pats t-shirt and riding a NJ transit train at the moment and getting some dirty looks from a guy wearing a Jets t-shirt. Almost asked him how fireman Ed's doing. We are truly blessed :) Couple more trips and then its home to NH and the beginning of training camp. Yeah baby!

-bv

The joint practices with other teams are always the best to go and see. I know they are doing it with Philly this year, but that is an away game.

I am hoping they end up doing it with Tampa Bay before the Aug 16th game, but that is pretty close to when camp breaks, so who knows.

The joint practices with other teams are always the best to go and see. I know they are doing it with Philly this year, but that is an away game.

I am hoping they end up doing it with Tampa Bay before the Aug 16th game, but that is pretty close to when camp breaks, so who knows.

The Patriots and Bucs will have shared practices in Foxboro on Tuesday August 13 and Wednesday August 14, prior to their game on Friday August 16. The times for those two practices have not yet been announced, but they will both be open to the public. I would presume that Thursday August 15 will be a walk through and typical pre-game activities that will not be open to the public.

From what others who have attended shared practices have said in previous years, those are among the best for those that are looking for a specific practice date that they might want to attend.

Schedule set for first week of camp - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Wednesday, July 24
2 p.m.: Patriots coach Bill Belichick press conference

Thursday, July 25
Approx. 11 a.m.: 2012 team captains Tom Brady, Logan Mankins, Jerod Mayo, Devin McCourty, Matthew Slater and Vince Wilfork media availability

Friday, July 26
8:40 a.m.: Belichick press conference
9-11:30 a.m.: Patriots' first training camp practice (open to public/media)
Approx. 11:30 a.m.: Patriots player media availability

Saturday, July 27
9-11:30 a.m.: Patriots practice (open to public/media)

Sunday, July 28
9-11:30 a.m.: Patriots practice (open to public/media)

Monday, July 29
5-6:30 p.m.: Patriots 2013 Hall of Fame induction ceremonies to honor Tedy Bruschi and Gil Santos (The Hall at Patriot Place presented by Raytheon/free and open to public/media)
6:30-9 p.m.: Patriots' annual in-stadium practice for season-ticket holders (ticket event)

Tuesday, July 30
1:30-4:00 p.m.: Patriots practice (open to public/media)
Approx. 4 p.m.: Patriots player media availability

Wednesday, July 31
Players day off

So if you want a chance at a bleacher seat, arrive at 7:30-8?

Tuesday...July 30th....YES!!!!!...if you see a large, boar headed looking biped gesticulating wildly and telling rotten jokes then you've found Joe Kerr!

Tuesday...July 30th....YES!!!!!...if you see a large, boar headed looking biped gesticulating wildly and telling rotten jokes then you've found Joe Kerr!

Joe Kerr? Name's familiar. Isn't he the 3rd guy in Hernandez's car that night?

No...that was Joe Valachi by the looks of it...

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back