PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Training Camp 8/4 Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Giardi @MikeGiardi
Geneo Grissom quite impressive in the pass rushing drills. Had him winning all 3 matchups, including a bad beat of Jordan Devey.

Once on IR, you cannot return to the same team - but you can play on another team.

Are you referring to IR and then a subsequent release with settlement? If so, the player can return but there is a delay, something like six weeks plus the amount of weeks used to calculate the settlement. Everything else looks good.

So Edelman not at practice today i take it?

I am getting a little excited about Butler not that i think he is a super star but i think he will be a good long term solution. The question on my mind is how good do we need Butler to be to win it all?

So Edelman not at practice today i take it?

I am getting a little excited about Butler not that i think he is a super star but i think he will be a good long term solution. The question on my mind is how good do we need Butler to be to win it all?

Edelman looked like had an ankle twist/turn (I hope) towards the end of practice Sunday. Did not look serious. He took off his shoe and massaged his foot for a minute or two.

According to the nfl network Brady struggled today in practice.

21 of 27 1 INT is struggling?

Nothing like the nfl spin machine

Any Tyler Gaffney updates?

I am wondering if he got back on the field.

Andy Hart: "People are overhyping Dobson, he can't get separation"

I feel like Andy Hart is always there to throw cold water on just about everything. A somewhat tolerable wet noodle if you will. Downvote away, but man, he's definitely got sand stuck somewhere it shouldn't be.

He's almost 6'4". How much separation does he need?

I guess apparently in Hart's mind it is a bad thing to make catches when someone has tight coverage on you?
I had almost forgotten about how much I hate Andy Hart. It's been a nice offseason in that respect.

!!!:D

Oh... :oops:
Lmao, hopefully the other 2 wins were against someone other than Devey. Another tweet I saw did say that Stork had lost his first matchup of camp, and it was against Grissom.

Saw video of Butler pick. Looks like Boyce rounded his cut instead of making it sharp so Butler, playing like Revis was able to undercut it. Pick is on Boyce & Brady although Butler undercut it SO well that had Brady led Boyce even more Butler might still have picked it.

Saw video of Butler pick. Looks like Boyce rounded his cut instead of making it sharp so Butler, playing like Revis was able to undercut it. Pick is on Boyce & Brady although Butler undercut it SO well that had Brady led Boyce even more Butler might still have picked it.

This is something I hear after just about every interception (be it in camp or a real game). "Well, that was just a bad throw," or, "If the Receiver had just done X..." I feel like, if someone on offense doesn't make a mistake, interceptions almost NEVER happen. The key is having a DB that is in the right position to compete for the ball so they can capitalize on those mistakes. Only a very rare few players can consistently "bait" interception throws without getting constantly beat on the other ones.

A player flying under the radar inTC so far is Josh Boyce catching passes from Brady. Seems like Josh Boyce has made marked improvements to be lining up with the first team O. I know most of us myself included are are pulling for the Bigger Aaron Dobson. But if Boyce shows up in practices and also PreSeason games cuttting him will be really hard. Boyce is blessed with Elite Speed I would like to see where he's at from a route running standpoint. If Boyce has the Route tree down we might have a diamond in the rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore