PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Training Camp 8/4 Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please keep the current info going also let us know if any whispers are hear on Tyms.

Patriots WR Brian Tyms was carted off the field with an apparent arm injury in Tuesday's practice.

According to the Boston Globe's Shalise Manza Young, "several teammates gathered when he went down." ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss reports Tyms took a "big hit" in 1-on-1 tackling drills, and that his injury "looked significant." Anything more than a day-to-day issue would threaten to send the 2014 preseason star to I.R.

Source: Shalise Manza Young on Twitter

I hope he is ok.

Without knowing anything hoping for PUP.

If it was bone-sticking-out bad hes IR'd

@jeffphowe: Brady was 21 of 27 with an INT in team drills. Garoppolo 16 of 25 with an INT.

@WEEI: Tuesday Training Camp Notes: Danny Amendola, Malcolm Butler stand out as Pats sweat it out in Foxboro http://t.co/EU5HcUbBmB

"Brady was picked by Malcolm Butler in 11-on-11s midway through practice — it was Brady’s first turnover of the summer. (Nate Ebner got an interception on a ball for Jimmy Garoppolo earlier in practice.) The ball was intended for Josh Boyce, and Butler undercut the route. Butler also had a really impressive pass break up on a goal-line drill where he knocked the ball away from Dobson. This has been mentioned by many of my colleagues, but it certainly bears repeating: Butler has been very good over the first week of camp. He is not Darrelle Revis, version 2.0, but he’s been extremely competitive to this point in the summer, and when he’s been beaten, it’s only been because of a really impressive hookup between the quarterback and pass-catcher."

Yikes so IR or nothing? Learn something new every day...
There is IR and IR-designated-to-return. There is also an injury release.
You don't really want to use the one IR-designated-to-return on a guy on your bubble.
In 2012 they used that slot on Visanthe Shiancoe and ended up getting zero receptions.
In 2013 they used the slot on Shane Vereen after he broke his wrist during his breakthrough game.
You sort of want to save that for a starter going down in weeks 1-4.

You can waive-injured a player during training camp, as the Patriots just did with the back-up tackle.
If claimed (like Jake Ballard) another team picks up his contract.
If unclaimed, the team owns the players rights and is obligated to pay the salary.
Then you can negotiate an injury release, where the player typically gets a portion of the salary and the opportunity to rehab and sign elsewhere. Once on IR, you cannot return to the same team - but you can play on another team.

...my understanding...

There is IR and IR-designated-to-return. There is also an injury release.
You don't really want to use the one IR-designated-to-return on a guy on your bubble.
In 2012 they used that slot on Visanthe Shiancoe and ended up getting zero receptions.
In 2013 they used the slot on Shane Vereen after he broke his wrist during his breakthrough game.
You sort of want to save that for a starter going down in weeks 1-4.

You can waive-injured a player during training camp, as the Patriots just did with the back-up tackle.
If claimed (like Jake Ballard) another team picks up his contract.
If unclaimed, the team owns the players rights and is obligated to pay the salary.
Then you can negotiate an injury release, where the player typically gets a portion of the salary and the opportunity to rehab and sign elsewhere. Once on IR, you cannot return to the same team - but you can play on another team.

...my understanding...
Thanks @Urgent. I agree, I like Tyms but he is clearly a bubble guy.

I viewed Dobson and Gibson ahead of him anyway.

@WEEI: Tuesday Training Camp Notes: Danny Amendola, Malcolm Butler stand out as Pats sweat it out in Foxboro http://t.co/EU5HcUbBmB

"Brady was picked by Malcolm Butler in 11-on-11s midway through practice — it was Brady’s first turnover of the summer. (Nate Ebner got an interception on a ball for Jimmy Garoppolo earlier in practice.) The ball was intended for Josh Boyce, and Butler undercut the route. Butler also had a really impressive pass break up on a goal-line drill where he knocked the ball away from Dobson. This has been mentioned by many of my colleagues, but it certainly bears repeating: Butler has been very good over the first week of camp. He is not Darrelle Revis, version 2.0, but he’s been extremely competitive to this point in the summer, and when he’s been beaten, it’s only been because of a really impressive hookup between the quarterback and pass-catcher."

I can live with this easily.

What I want to know is -

Did Malcolm "Spin" the Ball after the Interception !!!!

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe
Brian Tyms made a great diving catch before his injury, but Jordan Richards would've beheaded him if it were a game.

More Jordan Richards hype.

Sucks Tyms is hurt but honestly don't think we are losing much. Guy looked good in preseason last year but he looks like another Bam Childress.

Hope Tyms is ok, I thought he had a decent shot of making the team. It's a very deep position though for us. Hopefully Boyce can step up if we need him to!!!!

Was at today's practice. Player who shined was Amendola. The guy caught everything thrown his way and the crowd appreciated it.
Butler looked very strong on defense. One guy whom I look for but continues to be out is Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore