PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curran. He said something like Brady was unhappy with the trade/cut Hoyer talk. That could be related to friendship, scout team or not wanting to hear footsteps from Stidham. Or it all could be lies. Who knows?

I am sure BB will keep that in mind.

Actually, these are the same basic trade venues that I thought about Cousin. Harmon is serviceable but perhaps.....and I mean perhaps Chung is vamonosed by the League for awhile or the Pats cut him for the pure Chung stupidity.Why do professional athletes need to be in the drug scene?Just dumb.

Another scenario is Duke Dawson. It appears he has been playing some Safety.You know BB will take heat for Dawson being a bust. If we lose Chung and there is an opportunity to trade another Pats drug guy, Harmon, there are options at Saftey.

Perhaps you take Dawson to the Safety side of things, or we know Jason McCourty has been playing in the box . They say Obi has had a strong camp (he is just learning the Safety position). Maybe McCourty can assume the Chung role and Dawson and Obi combined, if they lose Chung, can be the Safety line up with D Mac...... with Brooks and Ebner actually more ST guys who play some? Brooks in the King ST role?

So you have Gilmore, Jackson Williams and Jones at CB

Then you need 4 Safeties; The two McCourtys, Dawson, Obi, keeping Ebner and Brooks as ST guys. Chung is a stupid unknown and Harmon is expendable in this case and can fetch the most trade capital and reduce the CAP some.

Just my thoughts and the logic.
DW Toys

I have one more

EPIC Thread
where patsfanken and DW Toys change posting identities!

I don't want to start a new Deflategate thread, but wasn't it mostly then GM Grigson at the Colts that was responsible for deflate gate? The new GM doesn't seem like too bad of a sort and unfortunately he seems 1000x more competitant than Grigson.

....However, I guess it was probably the type of thing that wouldn't have gone on without the owner, Irsay, blessing it, and I'm sure Kraft hasn't forgiven him for that.
I wasn't referring to deflategate, but the fact the new GM pronounced "the rivalry is back on" after McDaniels turned his HC job down after accepting it.

Been said previously, but Josh McD has to be celebrating dodging this career ender, likely with a fine single malt calming agent.

I actually don't want Fells, I'm not a fan either. I didn't mean to pump up Fells so much as to say that I suspect Burkhead's trade value is much lower than others seem to think.
I don't know...I still think that Burkhead can, IF in good health, fetch more than just the usual conditional 7th-rounder. A conditional 5th-rounder that could become a 4th doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

Whether it’s a coincidence or not, you simply do not know the condition of the knee. You do not know the extent of the previous injuries, the condition of the knee before or after the scopes and whether the scopes cleared it up.

But you do, Andy? Then please share your info! This was all started by you declaring flat out that Michel does NOT have a chronic knee condition. You called the reports of it "urban legends," total nonsense stories circulated to be sensational.

I would dearly love to believe that! It would be awesome if Michel's chronic knee condition were as fake as sewer alligators. Can you offer me some hope in the form of sources or evidence? Anything that outweighs the fact that he had multiple knee injuries before being drafted, and multiple knee surgeries since?

But you do, Andy? Then please share your info! This was all started by you declaring flat out that Michel does NOT have a chronic knee condition. You called the reports of it "urban legends," total nonsense stories circulated to be sensational.
I did not at all say I do. I did not say it was total nonsense. I am saying it’s rumor and speculation.

I would dearly love to believe that! It would be awesome if Michel's chronic knee condition were as fake as sewer alligators. Can you offer me some hope in the form of sources or evidence? Anything that outweighs the fact that he had multiple knee injuries before being drafted, and multiple knee surgeries since?
There is literally no way we would know, which is my point.

This would not be a trade because the Pats would not want his contract, but I was reading an online article from the “Miami Herald” which implied that Dwayne Allen is not going to survive the cut in Miami. Based on the quotes from Flores in the article, it sounds very likely he’ll be cut. Any interest here in resigning him?

I need to learn how to post links here. Sorry! Froob can you show me sometime?

I am shocked that i haven't seen Toys on here, but then again i haven't looked.
He offered up a couple of blockbusters involving four or more teams, one of which included the NBA’s Houston Rockets and golfer Jordan Speith.

What do we want back for Roberts? Personally, I'd take a box of donuts.

They'd have to be all jellies, boston creams or anything loaded with chocolate.

He offered up a couple of blockbusters involving four or more teams, one of which included the NBA’s Houston Rockets and golfer Jordan Speith.
i wouldn't doubt it. Thats why i said i haven't looked.

Why does anyone think Hoyer is worth anything more than a conditional late round pick? If we are shopping him then in all likelihood the other teams know he will be released anyways. Even if that wasn’t the case he’s not any better than the handful of free agent QB’s that get released next week.

Why does anyone think Hoyer is worth anything more than a conditional late round pick? If we are shopping him then in all likelihood the other teams know he will be released anyways. Even if that wasn’t the case he’s not any better than the handful of free agent QB’s that get released next week.

Have you looked around the league at backup QB's?

I wasn't thinking of a pick, but a better swing tackle than the JAGS we have now.

Maybe someone another team is cutting anyway, but might not last to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes