PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Mankins NOW!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct! We've been through this ad nauseum over the years. The Patriots don't do these ridiculous break the bank contracts, but they offer very large, very fair contracts. The Patriots have made more than fair offers to these various players, and many chose the gigantic contracts with other teams. Guess What? The Patriots, and not anybody else was voted the team of the decade.

Answer me this PatriotBashers - Did the Patriots offer Mankins (reportedly) one of the Top 5 contracts in NFL history for a guard? YES, they did. Did they say, 'no, we're not negotiating until your contract is up'? NO! Did they offer a low ball offer, like $4M a year and say 'take it or leave it'? NO! They offered at or above $7,000,000 PER YEAR!!!! TO A FREAKIN' GUARD! So, can everybody please stop with the "the Patriots are cheap" garbage? This is not monopoly money. There will be a salary cap. You have to manage to that cap, when and if it returns. Mankins is another whining, spoiled, selfish athlete! I could not care less if he ever plays for them again. He's NOT freaking John Hannah.

No-one is saying that the Pats are cheap. As far as I'm aware, the Pats fans now believe that Kraft is a shrewd man rather than a skinflint.

Mankins as far as I am concerned can go and f**k himself. If he turns down top 5 money then he doesnt have the franchise at heart. And people who dont buy into that arent worth the contract that they sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents