PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Toucher on Belichick: 'Who do you think you are?'

One thing I will say - BB acts like a prick needlessly and too often. Brady and Kraft go on and on about properly representing the franchise - and I agree with them completely - but BB, the face of the team, coughs, snorts, mocks, ignores, offends, without remorse. He ought to learn something about public comportment from his star QB who is bombarded with 'reporters' 24/7. Plus, there's no reason to act like a jerk toward legit reporters, they are asking questions fans want to know about. And even BB can't forget the team belongs to the fans first. There's no reason to disgrace our team by being such a jerk and I'm tired of it, have been for a while.

Seriously, you think that part of Bill Belichick's job is to be a media darling? Why?

Belichick is great on shows with ex-players who ask rational football questions like Zolak and Fred Smerlas and I hate to say it but old lobster face Steve DeOssie.

The "lay" media - non football players - spend too much time asking about, or in Borges' case making up stuff to get attention to themselves and sell papers or get viewers/listeners. Belichick was tremendous with "A Football Life" because he knew Steve Sabol would do a good job.

I love Belichick's schtick. It makes me laugh. The man is a coach, not a TV personality. Dean Smith sucked on the radio and TV, but just happened to be the winningest college basketball coach of his era.

Bill Belichick is the winningest NFL coach and longest tenured of his era. Appreciate this time. There are 31 other cities who would trade the last 13 years of being in the hunt every year for their ups and downs in a minute.

P.S. The Patriots football club does not belong to the fans. It belongs to Robert Kraft and is a franchise of the NFL. Never forget that.

One thing I will say - BB acts like a prick needlessly and too often. Brady and Kraft go on and on about properly representing the franchise - and I agree with them completely - but BB, the face of the team, coughs, snorts, mocks, ignores, offends, without remorse. He ought to learn something about public comportment from his star QB who is bombarded with 'reporters' 24/7. Plus, there's no reason to act like a jerk toward legit reporters, they are asking questions fans want to know about. And even BB can't forget the team belongs to the fans first. There's no reason to disgrace our team by being such a jerk and I'm tired of it, have been for a while.

Preparation H might help your problem...:rolleyes:

BB doesn't suffer fools, if you act like a jackass or ask the same question 5 different ways hell treat you with disdain, ask him an intelligent question and you'll get an intelligent answer.

A wise man once said, "Ignore the noise."

BB doesn't suffer fools, if you act like a jackass or ask the same question 5 different ways hell treat you with disdain, ask him an intelligent question and you'll get an intelligent answer.

It's always interesting to hear Belichick speak of play formation and breakdowns, talking about the older days of his career, or the history of football in general.

As you said, he loves to talk about real football related questions. Where he gets pissed off is the rumor-like chatter of stuff that reporters pry at, which most of isn't related to actual football at all.

A wise man once said, "Ignore the noise."

Was it Marvin Lewis? Because I saw an enormous banner hanging in the Bengals locker room tonight on "Hard Knocks" that said "Ignore the noise."

;)

If and when writers ask a serious football question he will answer..

Have to remember BB's disdain for the NFL rules like wearing Nike Clothing on the sidelines(formerly Reebok) and these press conferences which are mandated....

These are silly rules that he has to abide by...

To be fair I don't think Toucher said anything that wasn't true. He said it was a Patriots reporter fantasy to be able to say those things. I'm sure everyone of those nimwits think those things but they know they can't and have to take the 'abuse'. And that is what burns them, the knowledge that Belichick is in fact more powerful then them.

This idiot and his little "story" are the exact reason he hates the media. They will take anything you say and twist into a negative headline. That has only grown over the years. Even Wrecks Cryin is starting to figure that out. You can watch any segment with BB on the Pats official site and see a friendly talkative person when he knows he will be asked pertinent questions. After the media chewed him up during spygate and now accusing him of being involved with the Ahern debacle, I don't blame him one bit.

To be fair I don't think Toucher said anything that wasn't true. He said it was a Patriots reporter fantasy to be able to say those things. I'm sure everyone of those nimwits think those things but they know they can't and have to take the 'abuse'. And that is what burns them, the knowledge that Belichick is in fact more powerful then them.

Toucher is not a reporter.

That's Fred's predictable and tiresome schtick...the grumpy SOB sees himself as an impartial rebel. What he doesn't get is saying something edgy doesn't mean you have a clue to what you're talking about.

Fred Toucher??? :rofl:
Dude needs to take a bath.

you've got to think that Breer must have printed something that pissed BB off in the past.....These Mediots hide behind their laptops and know that you cant walk up and kick their a## for distorting the truth or twisting your words around.....they'll sue u if u lay a hand on them........ He(( how John "gutless" Tomassho was not found beat to a pulp or worse....and EVEN HAD THE BALLS TO KEEP WRITING for a paper in the city of Boston after the crap he pulled.....is unbelievable to me. Of course if someone did kick Tomassho's ass....they wouldn't break any bones....he doesn't have a spine!!!!

Some comments on the comments

1. Touicher and Rich are not "sports guys". They do bits in the morning. Some are very funny and some fall flat, but all in all they are a better option than D&C.

2. Toucher's reaction is EXACTLY what I feared. People are taking a HIGHLY questionable article and reacting to it as if were the absolute truth. Think about it. IF the information were actually true, no one would be questioning Toucher's reaction.

The fact is its HIGHLY unlikely that this "find a safe house" has any validity. At best its hearsay, at worst its completely fabricated. Its completely out of character for BB to make such a comment and completely out of character for Hernandez to confide in BB in the first place

Toucher's mistake was assuming that the article was the absolute truth. Unfortunately his reaction is going to be the norm. We are such a media driven country now, the majority of people take what they hear and believe it.

3. The media reaction is typical. They give a one minute disclaimer that states the obvious. That the article id based on hearsay, and the contributor (Borges) has a known, long standing biased agenda against the object of the article. THEN they spend the next 20 minutes discussing the article as if was 100% proven.

4. Tangway before the 11pm telecast of his show, made the disclaimer in his promo, and then allows Borges the forum to slander the Pats and BB. Personally I have no idea what was said, because I turned the show off after listening to the promo.

5. IMHO, the Pats and BB need to get in front of this, or it will fester as long as Hernandez is in the news. In today's media, rumor quickly becomes reality unless you create your own media storm to put your story out there. I fear very soon, even the short disclaimers will be gone

6. In today's media there are NO consequences for creating or repeating untruths. Borges is a convicted plagiarizer, yet maintains a regular presence in the local media....and none of them say when introducing him, "tonight we have with us convicted plagiarizer Ron Borges with us to make hypocritical judgments on others."

7. Since Parcells left the Pats Borges' contacts within the Pats organization have slowly shrunk to the nothing he has now. IIRC Richard Seymour was the last of his sources. So for the last 6 years, I can safely say that I have better sources withing the Pats organization that Ron Borges. Yet for some unknown reason he is treated as if he's a Patriots "insider", and allowed to contribute to an article in which he has no more "inside" information than you or I.

All this really pisses me off.

you've got to think that Breer must have printed something that pissed BB off in the past.....These Mediots hide behind their laptops and know that you cant walk up and kick their a## for distorting the truth or twisting your words around.....they'll sue u if u lay a hand on them........ He(( how John "gutless" Tomassho was not found beat to a pulp or worse....and EVEN HAD THE BALLS TO KEEP WRITING for a paper in the city of Boston after the crap he pulled.....is unbelievable to me. Of course if someone did kick Tomassho's ass....they wouldn't break any bones....he doesn't have a spine!!!!

It was a beautiful thing. The other night on Comcast Andy Hart nailed Mikey Felger. Felger was blabbing on about what a great follow up question he would have had for Belichick after the Breer/Belichick tiff. Hart says back to Felger (paraphrasing of course) "Mike when you were down there everyday covering the Patriots you NEVER asked follow up questions like that. Felger agrees, stating that he would have thought of it in the car on the way home blah...blah...blah ...(as he was blushing a nice bright shade of red)
Was so great to have someone finally call out that "only I have the balls to tell it like it is" fraud, Mike Felger.

Why does anyone expect or want BB to change? His relationship with the media has always been the same - bad. He thinks they are a bunch of idiots (or worse) that cut into his passion, which is coaching football and figuring out how to beat the next opponent. The way he is has been a boon to us here in NE for 13 years now and I don't want him to change. Let all the media people and fans of other teams cry. I want to beat Buffalo next week.

Seriously, you think that part of Bill Belichick's job is to be a media darling? Why?

Belichick is great on shows with ex-players who ask rational football questions like Zolak and Fred Smerlas and I hate to say it but old lobster face Steve DeOssie.

The "lay" media - non football players - spend too much time asking about, or in Borges' case making up stuff to get attention to themselves and sell papers or get viewers/listeners. Belichick was tremendous with "A Football Life" because he knew Steve Sabol would do a good job.

I love Belichick's schtick. It makes me laugh. The man is a coach, not a TV personality. Dean Smith sucked on the radio and TV, but just happened to be the winningest college basketball coach of his era.

Bill Belichick is the winningest NFL coach and longest tenured of his era. Appreciate this time. There are 31 other cities who would trade the last 13 years of being in the hunt every year for their ups and downs in a minute.

P.S. The Patriots football club does not belong to the fans. It belongs to Robert Kraft and is a franchise of the NFL. Never forget that.

"The media is not your friend." Even "The Media" would agree with that.

I fail to see why we're having this discussion.

It's tactical to demean Albert Breer in public? Even in my most kool-aid ridden Patsfan's brain moments I have difficulty believing BB was scheming when he let loose with his mockery the other day. And that's merely one example.

Trustworthy dudes like Reiss and Curran have mentioned BB has people he likes and those he doesn't and that's why some get treated with respect and others don't. Not because of some grand Belichikian plan.

And for the poster who said Breer was asking questions only some knucklehead he pictured would ask - that's bull. We would jump up and down with joy and be jazzed and jacked if we heard, via a reporter's inquiry, that Gronk was really making progress.

I don't want BB to be a media darling, who said that? I'm asking for a base line of civility, just like BB expects from his players.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back