PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Toucher on Belichick: 'Who do you think you are?'

Felger is like the kid and school who says "If I had been there I would have kicked that guy's a##!" Then when you all run into the kid in the hall......You say "There he is Mikey....go get him!" and Felgie turns and starts running. Now in the media...he knows he cant ask asinine questions or insult the coach/player directly and hide behind his media badge and microphone....and he KNOWS they can't retaliate or kick his bony liitle a##! I would not want that part of the job for these professional players and coaches....having to deal with this mediots sucks.....

It was a beautiful thing. The other night on Comcast Andy Hart nailed Mikey Felger. Felger was blabbing on about what a great follow up question he would have had for Belichick after the Breer/Belichick tiff. Hart says back to Felger (paraphrasing of course) "Mike when you were down there everyday covering the Patriots you NEVER asked follow up questions like that. Felger agrees, stating that he would have thought of it in the car on the way home blah...blah...blah ...(as he was blushing a nice bright shade of red)
Was so great to have someone finally call out that "only I have the balls to tell it like it is" fraud, Mike Felger.

Some comments on the comments

1. Touicher and Rich are not "sports guys". They do bits in the morning. Some are very funny and some fall flat, but all in all they are a better option than D&C.

2. Toucher's reaction is EXACTLY what I feared. People are taking a HIGHLY questionable article and reacting to it as if were the absolute truth. Think about it. IF the information were actually true, no one would be questioning Toucher's reaction.

The fact is its HIGHLY unlikely that this "find a safe house" has any validity. At best its hearsay, at worst its completely fabricated. Its completely out of character for BB to make such a comment and completely out of character for Hernandez to confide in BB in the first place

Toucher's mistake was assuming that the article was the absolute truth. Unfortunately his reaction is going to be the norm. We are such a media driven country now, the majority of people take what they hear and believe it.

3. The media reaction is typical. They give a one minute disclaimer that states the obvious. That the article id based on hearsay, and the contributor (Borges) has a known, long standing biased agenda against the object of the article. THEN they spend the next 20 minutes discussing the article as if was 100% proven.

4. Tangway before the 11pm telecast of his show, made the disclaimer in his promo, and then allows Borges the forum to slander the Pats and BB. Personally I have no idea what was said, because I turned the show off after listening to the promo.

5. IMHO, the Pats and BB need to get in front of this, or it will fester as long as Hernandez is in the news. In today's media, rumor quickly becomes reality unless you create your own media storm to put your story out there. I fear very soon, even the short disclaimers will be gone

6. In today's media there are NO consequences for creating or repeating untruths. Borges is a convicted plagiarizer, yet maintains a regular presence in the local media....and none of them say when introducing him, "tonight we have with us convicted plagiarizer Ron Borges with us to make hypocritical judgments on others."

7. Since Parcells left the Pats Borges' contacts within the Pats organization have slowly shrunk to the nothing he has now. IIRC Richard Seymour was the last of his sources. So for the last 6 years, I can safely say that I have better sources withing the Pats organization that Ron Borges. Yet for some unknown reason he is treated as if he's a Patriots "insider", and allowed to contribute to an article in which he has no more "inside" information than you or I.

All this really pisses me off.

Unfortunately i dont think they can say anything even if they wanted to say in this case due to legal stuff. Their lawyers will not let them.

The fact is its HIGHLY unlikely that this "find a safe house" has any validity. At best its hearsay, at worst its completely fabricated. Its completely out of character for BB to make such a comment and completely out of character for Hernandez to confide in BB in the first place

Just to clear up one thing in your otherwise fine post, Ken. I see the word "hearsay" tossed around a bit (even spelled "heresay") and I want to clear one thing up. Hearsay is an out of court statement offered to prove the truth of the matter asserted. That's it. So for example, if the defense wants BB to testify that AH told him his life was in danger to show AH's state of mind then it is not hearsay.

I'm not sure about the whole "find a safe house" thing because I agree it doesn't sound like BB but I don't really know the stuff BB says in his private interactions or in his interactions with players. He doesn't talk about that nor should he. It isn't my business.

eta: Although if I am remembering the article, didn't it say that Carlos Ortiz was the one who said that AH had this conversation with BB and what BB's advice was? In that case it is not reliable at all and yes, I would refer to it as hearsay as well, especially if in the Court of Borges he is offering it to prove that BB was the one who recommended the safe house, which he most certainly was.

you've got to think that Breer must have printed something that pissed BB off in the past.....These Mediots hide behind their laptops and know that you cant walk up and kick their a## for distorting the truth or twisting your words around.....they'll sue u if u lay a hand on them........ He(( how John "gutless" Tomassho was not found beat to a pulp or worse....and EVEN HAD THE BALLS TO KEEP WRITING for a paper in the city of Boston after the crap he pulled.....is unbelievable to me. Of course if someone did kick Tomassho's ass....they wouldn't break any bones....he doesn't have a spine!!!!

I remember many yrs ago when BB and breer seemd to like each other. When breer visited as a dallas morning news reporter during a Dallas -NE game BB even acknowledged that .Breer too thanked BB when leaving the herald for having the chance to learn a lot from BB. BB even gave Breer an exclusive interview with sportingnews .Somewhere along the way it got soured. Shoudl ask breer on twtter whats his deal.

God on Fred "Toucher" Toettcher: "I know Bill Belichick. I created Bill Belichick. And you are no Bill Belichick."

Fred Toettcher is a cast off from the early WBCN who would be fortunate to be in the same room with Bill belichick to discuss football. he has no credibility whatsoever - never played, never was an NFL beat reporter, never called a game, never did color commentary, never did a damn thing to comment on Bill Belichick's management of the Patriots.

2011 Approval Ratings ? Fred Toucher ? Boston Sports Media Watch

I have a huge problem with Ron Borges, but at least he's paid his dues, covered professional football, got in deep during the 1990s, especially the Parcells years, and knows how things work inside an NFL franchise. Borges' view of the world is paranoid in a weird Nixonian "their conspiracy is more sinister than my conspiracy" sort of way. But at least he's earned the right to be wrong and weird.

Toettcher has not. There's a little poll at the bottom of the link above. Vote early and often to disapprove of Fred the "toucher" Toettcher. This "toucher" business is a little creepy.

God on Fred "Toucher" Toettcher: "I know Bill Belichick. I created Bill Belichick. And you are no Bill Belichick."

Fred Toettcher is a cast off from the early WBCN who would be fortunate to be in the same room with Bill belichick to discuss football. he has no credibility whatsoever - never played, never was an NFL beat reporter, never called a game, never did color commentary, never did a damn thing to comment on Bill Belichick's management of the Patriots.

2011 Approval Ratings ? Fred Toucher ? Boston Sports Media Watch

I have a huge problem with Ron Borges, but at least he's paid his dues, covered professional football, got in deep during the 1990s, especially the Parcells years, and knows how things work inside an NFL franchise. Borges' view of the world is paranoid in a weird Nixonian "their conspiracy is more sinister than my conspiracy" sort of way. But at least he's earned the right to be wrong and weird.

Toettcher has not. There's a little poll at the bottom of the link above. Vote early and often to disapprove of Fred the "toucher" Toettcher. This "toucher" business is a little creepy.

LOL, I never knew his real last name wasn't "Toucher." It IS creepy that someone would intentionally call himself that (even if he claims it's just a phonetic way to spell his last name).

Some comments on the comments

2. Toucher's reaction is EXACTLY what I feared. People are taking a HIGHLY questionable article and reacting to it as if were the absolute truth. Think about it. IF the information were actually true, no one would be questioning Toucher's reaction.

Most people are having an open discussion about the article and trying to figure out what's likely and what isn't. Though the article, in my opinion, was a good read, outside from some unknown details into the night prior to Lloyd's murder, did we really learn anything new? Most people, well myself anyway, knew about Hernandez's ghetto/thug family lifestyle, it's a hard life to escape. Everybody and their grandma should know about Hernandez's drug use. We all found out about the altercation with his wife on TMZ's website. I'm sure Belichick did too at the time and warned Hernandez more likely than "threatened" him about his behavior. What's the big deal here?

I disagree with this. Belichick, like most coaches, are more interested in doing what's best for the franchise than doing what's best for the player. None of this is shocking. Perhaps, Belichick didn't take Hernandez seriously enough and thought it would pass eventually if Hernandez laid low. Most of this could've been avoided if Belichick or Hernandez contacted the authorities to start with. But Belichick was probably more concerned about what the media would make out of "The Patriot Way" if any of this came to light and Hernandez was trying to protect his million dollar contract, it's why he would go to the boss and tell him what's going on. Apparently Hernandez got impatient and allegedly took matters into his own hands.

3. The media reaction is typical. They give a one minute disclaimer that states the obvious. That the article id based on hearsay, and the contributor (Borges) has a known, long standing biased agenda against the object of the article. THEN they spend the next 20 minutes discussing the article as if was 100% proven.

Sure the article is based on hearsay but the same can be said about this whole case on Hernandez. The cops are providing no real evidence and a ridiculous and impossible timeline about the time Hernandez left the crime scene and returned home. On that timeline it took Hernandez just one minute to arrive home after leaving the landfill that is reportedly a mile away. How is that possible? Then to make things worse they can't find a real motive, so they are taking the word of Carlos Ortiz, a thug on probation, whose whole witness account has questions and holes all over it. The case has BS written all over it.

Sorry, we can't pick and choose what's true and what isn't. We don't know the truth, we'll likely never know the truth. Because we are Patriot fans it doesn't give us an excuse to choose to ignore or label the parts about Hernandez or Belichick's involvement true or untrue because "it's out of character" we don't know Belichick's true character, we only know what he want us to see and what the media tells us. A few months ago we thought we knew Hernandez's character. I wasn't at all shocked about him being involved, but as far as being the actual culprit I still doubt it. But I don't know Hernandez anymore than I know Belichick or any other athlete.

5. IMHO, the Pats and BB need to get in front of this, or it will fester as long as Hernandez is in the news. In today's media, rumor quickly becomes reality unless you create your own media storm to put your story out there. I fear very soon, even the short disclaimers will be gone

What the Patriots are doing is smart. They said all they had to say and that's it. Responding to this story will only give the media something more to discuss and more reason to keep this story alive. Hernandez's people hasn't said anything incriminating about the Patriots, so what is there to discuss? After week one of football, no-one will even be associating the Patriots with Hernandez's trial anymore. I think that's how the Patriots want it. I'm sure they wouldn't want it any other way.

I was going to make a joke about his first name being Kid....but then my filter kicked in and I realized that a pedo molester is no laughing matter. So I am not going to go with that joke.

Well, then I'm gonna go ahead and say he should've been called Richard.

Just to clear up one thing in your otherwise fine post, Ken. I see the word "hearsay" tossed around a bit (even spelled "heresay") and I want to clear one thing up. Hearsay is an out of court statement offered to prove the truth of the matter asserted. That's it. So for example, if the defense wants BB to testify that AH told him his life was in danger to show AH's state of mind then it is not hearsay.

I'm not sure about the whole "find a safe house" thing because I agree it doesn't sound like BB but I don't really know the stuff BB says in his private interactions or in his interactions with players. He doesn't talk about that nor should he. It isn't my business.

eta: Although if I am remembering the article, didn't it say that Carlos Ortiz was the one who said that AH had this conversation with BB and what BB's advice was? In that case it is not reliable at all and yes, I would refer to it as hearsay as well, especially if in the Court of Borges he is offering it to prove that BB was the one who recommended the safe house, which he most certainly was.

Okay, but since it's pretty evident that neither Belichick nor Hernandez were sources for the article, then the "safe house" story (as well as any other descriptions of conversations between the two) would be based on hearsay.

Okay, but since it's pretty evident that neither Belichick nor Hernandez were sources for the article, then the "safe house" story (as well as any other descriptions of conversations between the two) would be based on hearsay.

I know, that's why I added the last paragraph.

Is it just me, or does Fred always sound like he REALLY doesn't want to be there? "Oooook, let's do these phones or whatever..."

One thing I will say - BB acts like a prick needlessly and too often. Brady and Kraft go on and on about properly representing the franchise - and I agree with them completely - but BB, the face of the team, coughs, snorts, mocks, ignores, offends, without remorse. He ought to learn something about public comportment from his star QB who is bombarded with 'reporters' 24/7. Plus, there's no reason to act like a jerk toward legit reporters, they are asking questions fans want to know about. And even BB can't forget the team belongs to the fans first. There's no reason to disgrace our team by being such a jerk and I'm tired of it, have been for a while.

Would you rather him be a little goodie tooschus and go 6-10 every year. Cant stand people want everyone to be the same, what happened to individualism. Its entertaining to see different reactions from coaches, and Id much rather have Bill give them the cold shoulder than do what Rex Ryan did the other week or one of the other tirades we see.

Most people are having an open discussion about the article and trying to figure out what's likely and what isn't. Though the article, in my opinion, was a good read, outside from some unknown details into the night prior to Lloyd's murder, did we really learn anything new? Most people, well myself anyway, knew about Hernandez's ghetto/thug family lifestyle, it's a hard life to escape. Everybody and their grandma should know about Hernandez's drug use. We all found out about the altercation with his wife on TMZ's website. I'm sure Belichick did too at the time and warned Hernandez more likely than "threatened" him about his behavior. What's the big deal here?

I disagree with this. Belichick, like most coaches, are more interested in doing what's best for the franchise than doing what's best for the player. None of this is shocking. Perhaps, Belichick didn't take Hernandez seriously enough and thought it would pass eventually if Hernandez laid low. Most of this could've been avoided if Belichick or Hernandez contacted the authorities to start with. But Belichick was probably more concerned about what the media would make out of "The Patriot Way" if any of this came to light and Hernandez was trying to protect his million dollar contract, it's why he would go to the boss and tell him what's going on. Apparently Hernandez got impatient and allegedly took matters into his own hands.

Sure the article is based on hearsay but the same can be said about this whole case on Hernandez. The cops are providing no real evidence and a ridiculous and impossible timeline about the time Hernandez left the crime scene and returned home. On that timeline it took Hernandez just one minute to arrive home after leaving the landfill that is reportedly a mile away. How is that possible? Then to make things worse they can't find a real motive, so they are taking the word of Carlos Ortiz, a thug on probation, whose whole witness account has questions and holes all over it. The case has BS written all over it.

Sorry, we can't pick and choose what's true and what isn't. We don't know the truth, we'll likely never know the truth. Because we are Patriot fans it doesn't give us an excuse to choose to ignore or label the parts about Hernandez or Belichick's involvement true or untrue because "it's out of character" we don't know Belichick's true character, we only know what he want us to see and what the media tells us. A few months ago we thought we knew Hernandez's character. I wasn't at all shocked about him being involved, but as far as being the actual culprit I still doubt it. But I don't know Hernandez anymore than I know Belichick or any other athlete.

What the Patriots are doing is smart. They said all they had to say and that's it. Responding to this story will only give the media something more to discuss and more reason to keep this story alive. Hernandez's people hasn't said anything incriminating about the Patriots, so what is there to discuss? After week one of football, no-one will even be associating the Patriots with Hernandez's trial anymore. I think that's how the Patriots want it. I'm sure they wouldn't want it any other way.

It was around 3.5 to 4 minutes it took him to arrive from leaving the scene to him pulling in the driveway, and if you google his address 22 robert c meyer drive, you can see the industrial park just around the corner.

I'd have no idea who toucher was if people here on Patsfans didn't keep bringing him up. Let the hack rot in obscurity.

Would you rather him be a little goodie tooschus and go 6-10 every year. Cant stand people want everyone to be the same, what happened to individualism. Its entertaining to see different reactions from coaches, and Id much rather have Bill give them the cold shoulder than do what Rex Ryan did the other week or one of the other tirades we see.

So having a pleasant personality will result in less wins, how so?

Didn't we just go through something nearly identical from Toucher in regards to Belichick just a few weeks ago? Demanding that he field questions from the media about Aaron Hernandez, if I recall?

It sounds as if Toucher is just rehashing his old material.

What I never understood was that the media include borges and company love parcells and he berated and called the media names more than anyone else but its BB they seem to be more mad about.

I think it is his delivery, lack of charisma compared to other salty coaches.

Didn't we just go through something nearly identical from Toucher in regards to Belichick just a few weeks ago? Demanding that he field questions from the media about Aaron Hernandez, if I recall?

It sounds as if Toucher is just rehashing his old material.

The guy's last name is spelled Toettcher. It's just a reflection of his ignorance and creepy that he lets the radio station call him "toucher."

Boston Sports Radio Host Fred Toettcher Compares Tim Tebow to Nazis | NFL | NESN.com

I'd have no idea who toucher was if people here on Patsfans didn't keep bringing him up. Let the hack rot in obscurity.

what type of fan needs or wants to listen to that in the morning for entertainment and then for the daily double Felger and mazz in the afternoon ... I'd rather have a root canal.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back