PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Torry Holt is what we need

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this gut feeling Chad is going to be very special for us. What is going on with Doug G.??? All our WR isn't that bad. Is it the play calling or no respect????

I have this gut feeling Chad is going to be very special for us.

I think that this is the general belief of this board, but typical rookies in this system do not do well. It is very complex and tough to grasp. I think we are still 2 years out from seeing the true potential of CJ.

Are they any other vet WR we could possible trade for. You know bb can find a WR that nobody has a clue on.

Are they any other vet WR we could possible trade for. You know bb can find a WR that nobody has a clue on.

I know nothing of the sort. Who has he ever done this with at the WR position?

I have this gut feeling Chad is going to be very special for us. What is going on with Doug G.??? All our WR isn't that bad. Is it the play calling or no respect????
Gabriel was doing fine until the fumble. Belichick chocked the chicken on that one, I am afraid. He should admit he was wrong and play Gabriel and Caldwell full time with Brown as the slot #3 guy and work Jackson is as he can.

We screwed the WR thing up totally. Jackson looked his best in Week 2. Since then no development and they've sh!tcanned Gabriel. If things had been handled differently I think we could have been looking OK at WR now - but we're not.

:mad:

I know nothing of the sort. Who has he ever done this with at the WR position?
For what they cost us, Caldwell and Gabriel both fit this definition. Too bad Gabriel is the anti-Walter to Belichick.

For what they cost us, Caldwell and Gabriel both fit this definition. Too bad Gabriel is the anti-Walter to Belichick.

Caldwell was a FA, not a trade aquisition. As far as DG I cannot see how he will be more than a #2 or #3 WR. You had some vaild points about DG, there is weird stuff going on after the fumble so it seems, but he will never be a #1-#2 type of WR. I hope we do trade for a solid vet WR. AZ has some good WR and are in need of draft picks. Moss & Porter will be talked about in the media again. Earnest Wilford would be a good pick up if we get a legot #1.

Hey dude,isn't Ernest Wilford is in his in is 3rd year.Is he an udfa????

Caldwell was a FA, not a trade aquisition. As far as DG I cannot see how he will be more than a #2 or #3 WR. You had some vaild points about DG, there is weird stuff going on after the fumble so it seems, but he will never be a #1-#2 type of WR.
I agree about Gabriel but I think we "evaluated" him fine as we only traded a #5 for him. Caldwell, I don't care if it's a trade or FA, he was another solid evaluation of a cheap WR.

Everyone needs a Torry Holt.

He's simply been the best, most productive WR in the game for years now.

His problem is all he does is run perfect routes and make every single catch with the best hands in the league. What he needs to do is call himself Ocho Uno, do dumb dances, and slug his position coach at the half of a playoff game. Or maybe call himself TH and do sit-ups in his driveway.

Clearly Torry Holt just doesn't get it.

The Rams offense is so irriatating to watch. They get anywhere inside the 5 they hand off to Jackson (when everyone and their mother knows it's coming) and after he gets stuffed, they throw 3 straight times to Holt or one of their 18 annoying lilly white tight ends.

Yes, I am a frustrated Stephen Jackson owner in FF.
WTF is wrong with a white tight end? Maybe my question would better be posed to Shockey, Heap, Witten or Gonzales(hispanic still counts as caucasian). Reverse racism is still racism *******.

We have two 1st rounders, we can trade up for Dwayne Jarret (won't be as costly as trading up for Calvin Johnson) or we could prolly just stay put and land Samardjiza at one of them.

You guys jinxed Holt with this thread, he played like poop last night.

... they throw 3 straight times to Holt or one of their 18 annoying lilly white tight ends.

What a bizarrely racist thing to say. You must've been really pissed when the Patriots drafted Thomas and Mills this year, I'll bet. Did you boo when Christian Fauria scored touchdowns?

Everyone needs a Torry Holt.

He's simply been the best, most productive WR in the game for years now.

His problem is all he does is run perfect routes and make every single catch with the best hands in the league. What he needs to do is call himself Ocho Uno, do dumb dances, and slug his position coach at the half of a playoff game. Or maybe call himself TH and do sit-ups in his driveway.

Clearly Torry Holt just doesn't get it.

Well, this pretty much perfectly sums up why WRs in this league are so hard to like for the most part. Holt and Harrison are the 2 best in the NFL right now, I think (Chad Johnson is in the conversation as well), but its Johnson, Owens, and Moss that get all the press.

That being said, seems like a pretty deep draft class for WR this year, anyone you guys would like to see them get in the first round? Ginn Jr, Jarrett, Smith, Johnson(?, the guy from Georgia Tech), etc.

No way.Another old wr is not going to work. We are mostly in 2 TE /1Rb set so all we need is 2 good WR and a good team for 4 in rotation will be nasty to defend.

we have like 13 picks and look forward to moviing up and grabbing atleast 5 starters.

A guy like Holt would be an asset to any team,he is great.You can have great recievers and a great QB like the Colts,but you might not have enough to get good defensive players,and give up almost 400 yds on the ground,like Peyton Manning's team....

Caldwell, I don't care if it's a trade or FA, he was another solid evaluation of a cheap WR.

What is your problem? The context of the thread was discussing trading for a vet. Hence Reche isn't in that category.

Torry Holt is an fantastic Receiver,we need him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News