Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tony Romo is gonna get paid...

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by Deus Irae, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,659 / 70 / -75

Disable Jersey

I made a joke that wasn't just involving Welker in a rant (drowning kittens is about as obvious a clue as people are going to offer, for crying out loud). Take it up with the homer who couldn't handle it and had to take it to a personal level.
  2. chevss454

chevss454 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Idiotic.

Romo had all the leverage since the Cowboys couldn't franchise him after this year per his contract. That was the big mistake made by the Cowboys. They could either let him walk into FA after this year or sign him to an exorbitant contract. Jones decided to sign him instead of giving up a 1st for Mallett. Oh well.
  3. Gumby

Gumby Rookie

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

dont know about anyone else; but i am having trouble finding the ha-ha funny in the above.
    not sure how the "obvious" drowning kittens reference is supposed to clue me in to ?????

DI we have 48 hours of lent left.....HOW ABOUT you give up using the words: wes, welker, and-or WW for that stretch? :D

NOW THAT was an "obvious" attempt at humor - emoticon thrown in for free.
  4. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,339 / 13 / -5

I'm not pointing the fingers at anyone. This thread is a little over two pages long and it has devolved into a Welker thing.
  5. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +1,659 / 70 / -75

Disable Jersey

You often hear people talking about drowning kittens and being serious when they say it?

Interesting crowd you run with...
  6. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +1,659 / 70 / -75

Disable Jersey

Fair enough. Let's get back to wondering how the hell the Cowboys are going to field a team.
  7. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,339 / 13 / -5

The same way they have been doing it for the most part since the mid-90s - not very well.
  8. Frezo

Frezo Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Romo's in bed
    With Jones's wife too
  9. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +1,659 / 70 / -75

Disable Jersey

The great thing about Romo, from an opponent's perspective, is that he's Peyton Manning, playoff version, in every single game he plays, but his team thinks he's Tom Brady in need of just a little more help.
  10. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,818 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

That's a nice chunk of change for a choke artist...
  11. Gumby

Gumby Rookie

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

you said you were being 'funny' ("i made a joke....") not that you 'werent serious'.

that you used 'drowning kittens' as a euphemism is clear to all. But the point of the post appears to have little to do with a 'joke' or the 'euphamism' and all about 'grinding the same-old-ax du jour'.

But instigate, turn the point of contention into your own created straw-man, and then polish it off with a little personal insult ('interesting crowd').......... SAME OLD, SAME OLD.
  12. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -1

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Gerry is senile and
    His ship's sinking too...

WTF? Is anyone impressed with Tony Romo? The man has done absolute squat for Dallas. What the heck are they thinking? I would have thought they were busy this off season looking for a replacement.
  13. Brady2Moss

Brady2Moss Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Deus is just saying what all the non-homers can see. The team isn't better at all. That offense that sucked in the AFC Championship game? Worse.
  14. signbabybrady

signbabybrady On the Roster

Ratings:
    +180 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I am a schizophrenic
    And so am I

Romo = the most over rated QB ever except for the fact that I dont think anyone other than Jerry Jones thinks he is good.
  15. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Rookie

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

This contract's numbers vastly overpays Romo for what he is worth. He's a 33 year old quarterback with 1 playoff win under his belt and a lot of let down moments. His ceiling has likely been reached already and his decline years are rapidly approaching if not here already.

Logically, the Cowboys must have put in a provision allowing them to get out of this contract without too much trouble a la Michael Vick's 100 million (40 million) guaranteed given to him by the Eagles a few years ago. Essentially another dummy contract to inflate numbers that gives them immediate cap relief. If it's anything other than that then its another Jerry Jones gem brought to by the wonderfully inept front office of the Dallas Cowboys.

I expect that if he continues to play at this level whilst coming up small in big moments he will either be outright released or asked to take a significant pay-cut in a couple of seasons or so, if not sooner.

What this contract really shows is that the Cowboys do not believe that there's a made-ready Romo replacement in the Round 1-2 of this draft. If there were, they likely don't do this deal at all and allow him to hit free agency next season after grooming his replacement for a season.
  16. Gumby

Gumby Rookie

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

that (worse) is an opinion not a fact, calling those w/ a different opinion names (homer - implying blind/stupid) doesnt make it more factual.

coming to taste my chicken soup before the chicken goes in the water might make you say it is a little thin and tasteless. It is not yet 1 APRIL. even.

regardless, the point of contention was interjecting the whole Pats Off suks w/o one specific player argument in a thread about Dallas and ROMO. it is a little misplaced.
  17. Gumby

Gumby Rookie

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Romo's getting fed
    Jerry will say BOO-HOO!
  18. PatsSweFan

PatsSweFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He obvious is a huge choker but no question he's the least problem in Dallas...to much guaranteed money but won't look like a huge deal when Rodgers and Ryans contract are done...
  19. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +641 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

And the overpaying of mediocre QBs continues...I'm good with it until the Pats are forced to do it one day....15 years from now, Buddha willing
  20. PP2

PP2 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +409 / 3 / -3

#12 Jersey

Holy Crap. I didn't know it was possible for JJ to outdumb himself again, but he really has done it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.