PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Romo calling next Thursday's Pats/Bucs game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to know. I suspect that that insufferable, senile Fouts last time was punishment for us having a competent and too much of a pro-Patriots commentary.

Well now, I for one am happy as a clam with this news. Romo is a welcome addition to the box, as he's not just a knowledgeable player, but someone who can speak well, and for the most part, know when to NOT speak. :)

The best part is that it's a Thu game. I have a wedding to attend on Sunday and now I can do that without freaking out.

Romo announcing games in September > Romo playing games in December

Romo announcing games in September > Romo playing games in December

His passer rating in December 2014 (his last full season) was 133.7. Whoops.

The choker narrative around him was always dumb. He was stuck on a team run by everyone's drunk uncle, who seems a little like a pedo but nobody wants to talk about it. It's like Rivers being stuck on the Chargers now; when the team is ass your QB is forced to either take bad risks that can blow up in their face in the hopes they can pull a win out with a miracle, or accept defeat to better preserve their stat line.

So nobody was upset about Dr Romo's eyeball medical analysis??:rolleyes: By his misdiagnosis Gronk should be on IR...shaking my head.:confused:

For anyone else who enjoyed Romo's commentary against the Saints as much as I did, this is pretty good news. IMO the most engaging guy in the booth since early John Madden.

We have deserved long deserved this after having to have Simms cover our games over the years. It is owed to us.

The choker narrative around him was always dumb. He was stuck on a team run by everyone's drunk uncle, who seems a little like a pedo but nobody wants to talk about it. It's like Rivers being stuck on the Chargers now; when the team is ass your QB is forced to either take bad risks that can blow up in their face in the hopes they can pull a win out with a miracle, or accept defeat to better preserve their stat line.
I guess "his career playoff record" would have been more accurate. And surely, you would agree, that many of the teams he was leading had plenty of talent.

So nobody was upset about Dr Romo's eyeball medical analysis??:rolleyes: By his misdiagnosis Gronk should be on IR...shaking my head.:confused:
He's still learning but he's already done an excellent job so far. I'd rather hear him misdiagnose an injury than put up with Phil Simms.:D

Romo is pretty good. Gruden would be my favorite if he would rein in the ass kissing of every player by 25%.

I prefer romo to almost every other dude in the booth so im good with this.

I agree about Romo: I think he's a lot better than the choker narrative suggests, and the teams he was on were only as good as they were because he quarterbacked them. Put him in on a more stable franchise with better talent evaluation or better coaching and I think he has a significantly better career. He was a good enough QB to be the best player on a title-winning team. I'm becoming less sure about Rivers, though. 2 years ago I would have agreed that he was dragging a bad team kicking and screaming into relevance, and if that meant forcing some throws that resulted in picks sometimes then so be it. 2016 and 2017 (so far) appear to have been a shift though, at least IMO. He's now just routinely throwing bad picks that are putting his teams in bad competitive situations. Where before I thought he was surrounded by a bad team, now I think he's part of the reason why they're bad.

I think it speaks well of Romo that literally every criticism of him that I've seen hinges on this exact issue. It's one thing that he messed up and should/presumably will learn to stop doing.

Rivers is 100% done. It's painful to watch tbh.

Actually, I think it's technically correct to say it's being broadcast next Thursday.
Romo is well known for being able to anticipate the plays. He is actually recording it Wednesday morning.

Romo is pretty good. Gruden would be my favorite if he would rein in the ass kissing of every player by 25%.
Now this guy right here, he is a really good poster.
Great points. Consistently. That's why this board is so great, posters like this guy.

Yeah Rivers is probably near the end of the line, I was speaking more based on the previous few seasons.

Romo in the postseason was 8 TD 2 INT 93.0 passer rating. Which was basically the same as his regular season passer rating.

His playoff "chokes" consisted of a botched hold on a field goal attempt (???) in a game where his receivers made multiple critical flubs, a close loss to the Giants team that whipped our asses where his receiver gave up on a route that would have led to the go-ahead score, a game where his OL imploded and he got sacked 6 times while their D got dunked on all over the field, and a close loss to the Packers where his passer rating was 143.6 and Dez Bryant fails to hang on to what should have been the go-ahead score.

With Patriots fans of this generation there seems to be a mindset that everyone who isn't as good as Brady is trash - but of course nobody is Brady, in football history, period. Romo's not a serious Hall of Fame candidate but he was really good and was let down by a silly drunk owner/pretend GM and weak coaches more than anything. I mean, if we're seriously defending Jerry Jones roster building (as distinguished from splash free agency signings and trades that blow up in his face like half the time anyway) then lolz.

The Cowboys under Jerry Jones were grossly mismanaged for most of Romo's career. 1 season of Parcells on cruise control followed by Wade "Never Promote Above DC for the Love of God" Philips slowly running the thing into the ground like a 1990s vintage Pete Carroll, then the Jason Garrett training wheels years when the OL and defense were mostly disastrous until 2014, by which point Romo is about to roll over and die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents