PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Dungy's Blog, Thoughts on Spygate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy Cross had a caller the other day that was in Indy fan. He was talking about how Dungy does things the right way, and doesn't cheat to win.

Cross said 'don't even go there, don't even go there. I can give you times and places on Dungy that will prove your statement wrong so DON'T EVEN GO THERE'.

He didn't pull a Mangini and out Dungy, but it was a very interesting statement.

Boy I'm glad Tony Dungy is not my father, cause his son surely told the world what kind of Man Dungy is.....how's that for a jab at you asswipe Sanctimonious biatch

Stay classy man........stay classy.

I'm guessing you're probably not a father. Either way, you have my pity.

that dungy in my eyes is slime and a wimp...like when peyton ordered him to forget about it...we are going for it on 4th and 1. or hiding behind polians skirt

but as peytonsworse says....if you are arnt a parent....children.....some just turn out like that..no matter what you do..and how good a parent you may be.
unfortunately i know a few parents who have lost children do to drugs...great people and parents...bad friends though

Stay classy man........stay classy.

I'm guessing you're probably not a father. Either way, you have my pity.

That's the rub here isn't it. You come on our site (OURS), and you get to say anything you want about our coach (he a cheat, a scumbag, didn't earn a thing, etc...........) after what has been arguably the most most difficult week in decade's, yet when one of our poster offers his opinion about yours, you throw out the high and mighty "stay classy".

Personally, I wouldn't mention Dungy's son in the equation (its very tragic and I feel bad for him), but I can understand how some would question why, when it's obviously that a close family member (like a child) is in great personal crisis, and you choose to continue a career that requires you to spen 20 hours a day focusing on a GAME that in the end, MEANS NOTHING, stacked against the well being and health of your family. Not when there are REAL MEN like Staeve Tasker that gave up his career (retired) to care for his wife who was diagnosed with cancer. You may not like it, but there are some folks that would consider his actions as a personal flaw.

Dungy is NOT the reason his son killed himself, and he deserves our pity for enduring such a personal tragidy, but don't come in here with you're sanctimonious BS if people here point out what they beleive to be a personal flaw in that he put his career over his family (which I beleive most NFL coaches would probably do).

so, STFU..........................

Last edited:
I think Tony just woke up yesterday morning and found that his Superbowl Champion Colts were now reduced to being the 2nd best team in the AFC, and only 2 measly games into their title-defending season no less. This was the best response he could come up with that fit that holier-than-thou mantle he's wearing.

That's the rub here isn't it. You come on our site (OURS), and you get to say anything you want about our coach (he a cheat, a scumbag, didn't earn a thing, etc...........) after what has been arguably the most most difficult week in decade's, yet when one of our poster offers his opinion about yours, you throw out the high and mighty "stay classy".

Ahh, my bad, I guess I shouldn't have said all that crap about BB. Oh, wait, never mind, I DIDN'T. And, BTW, this isn't YOUR site anymore than it is mine.

Personally, I wouldn't mention Dungy's son in the equation (its very tragic and I feel bad for him), but I can understand how some would question why, when it's obviously that a close family member (like a child) is in great personal crisis, and you choose to continue a career that requires you to spen 20 hours a day focusing on a GAME that in the end, MEANS NOTHING, stacked against the well being and health of your family. Not when there are REAL MEN like Staeve Tasker that gave up his career (retired) to care for his wife who was diagnosed with cancer. You may not like it, but there are some folks that would consider his actions as a personal flaw.

Dungy is NOT the reason his son killed himself, and he deserves our pity for enduring such a personal tragidy, but don't come in here with you're sanctimonious BS if people here point out what they beleive to be a personal flaw in that he put his career over his family (which I beleive most NFL coaches would probably do).

so, STFU..........................

Hey, we're all football fans. We all probably spend more time than we should(I know I do) talking about a bunch of millionaires that we don't know who happen to play a game with our city or regions name across the front of their shirts. And there's nothing wrong with that. Its what we all do.

But calling a man a bad father because his son committed suicide goes beyond that, IMO. That is uncalled for, no matter WHO you root for. It's a lack of basic decency and humanity and I WILL make my opinion of it known.

And if you don't like that, YOU can kindly STFU.............

It is a passive aggressive approach by Dungy to lash out at his prime opponant. He's spineless. I think it is high time for some investigative reporting by the media to start digging around organizations like the jets and colts and expose their "cheating ways" and expose them for the hypocrites they probably are.

Ahh, my bad, I guess I shouldn't have said all that crap about BB. Oh, wait, never mind, I DIDN'T. And, BTW, this isn't YOUR site anymore than it is mine.

Respectfully, it really isn't your site.............. the name on the door says PATSFANS.com and you ain't one. You are generally decent and not nearly the a-hole that other trolls are, but you are a guest here. Additionally, let's call a spade a spade, that you chose a deliberately distrespectful (to us PATSFANS) screen name, it reveal your true intentions, no matter how many "nice guy" posts you clain to put up.

Hey, we're all football fans. We all probably spend more time than we should(I know I do) talking about a bunch of millionaires that we don't know who happen to play a game with our city or regions name across the front of their shirts. And there's nothing wrong with that. Its what we all do.

But calling a man a bad father because his son committed suicide goes beyond that, IMO. That is uncalled for, no matter WHO you root for. It's a lack of basic decency and humanity and I WILL make my opinion of it known.

And if you don't like that, YOU can kindly STFU.............

I'd agree with that for the most part, but lets face it - You (and I mean Colts trolls collectively) came here with the intention of kicking people when they are down and you can expect nothing less from the offended. I'm sure, in less offended state, DonB might not feel compelled to say something like that. I hear his anger talking. I agree that his son need not be mentioned, but I can also understand that some people would have the thoughts (and should keep them to themselves)

In the end, when you, or guests like you (i.e. Boomer) come on a site that you are a guest of, and post in these dumbass threads which are basically no more than "my coach thinks your coach is a dodo head" or some other such BS neener neerer shat, you can all totally expect to be told to

STFU​

You wanna talk footbal x's and o's between both our great teams, all well and good, but these threads are crap.

Last edited:
holier than thou? The man stated his view and and opinion he didn't directly blast anybody, use names, or accuse the Pats of cheating other times even though he obviously knew they had been doing it. He praised his owner and his system so where is the major offense these Pat fans are taking? Did you expect him to say nothing?

Boomer, reread the quote. It directly mentions the Patriots.

Taking veiled shots at Kraft:
"As happy and excited as we were to win our Super Bowl, I don't think Jim would have taken any satisfaction in winning if he felt I was breaking the rules to do it. I'm glad I work for an owner who feels that way and not only doesn't put that type of pressure on us to "win at all costs,".

Of all the offensive attacks against the Patriots over the last week by media and players alike, including the Hines Ward, John Clayton, LT, Donovan McNabb stuff, I find this one the most infuriating. Hands down. You know why? Because its classic pus-y Dungy, nibbling around the edges and not having the sack to call someone out directly. And even more infuriating is the direct slap at Robert Kraft who, by all accounts, had no knowledge of this and nobody else has attacked in this manner. In the end, I'm glad Dungy pulled this. I don't know if anyone has paid attention but hell hath no fury like the Pats playing with a chip on their shoulder. Ask the Chargers. Did anyone catch Sammy Morris on Dale & Holley yesterday commenting on Junior Seau's speech before the Bolts game saying that one of their family had been attacked and we won't stand for it? Powerful stuff. Ask the Colts how they fared after Vanderjagt's "ripe for the picking" comments. This blog will be front and center on the bulletin board when we play the Colts and I can't wait to see the results.

Respectfully, it really isn't your site.............. the name on the door says PATSFANS.com and you ain't one. You are generally decent and not nearly the a-hole that other trolls are, but you are a guest here. Additionally, let's call a spade a spade, that you chose a deliberately distrespectful (to us PATSFANS) screen name, it reveal your true intentions, no matter how many "nice guy" posts you clain to put up.

Ok, I agree, it is a Patriots fansite. I respect that. Thats why I don't start crap here. I haven't even commented on the whole spygate incident except to say that I thought it was sour grapes from the Jets. How does that make me a troll? As for my screenname, thats my opinion, nothing more. I'm sorry if it bothers you.

I'd agree with that for the most part, but lets face it - You (and I mean Colts trolls collectively) came here with the intention of kicking people when they are down and you can expect nothing less from the offended. I'm sure, in less offended state, DonB might not feel compelled to say something like that. I hear his anger talking. I agree that his son need not be mentioned, but I can also understand that some people would have the thoughts (and should keep them to themselves)

In the end, when you, or guests like you (i.e. Boomer) come on a site that you are a guest of, and post in these dumbass threads which are basically no more than "my coach thinks your coach is a dodo head" or some other such BS neener neerer shat, you can all totally expect to be told to

STFU​

You wanna talk footbal x's and o's between both our great teams, all well and good, but these threads are crap.

Show me where I've kicked ANYONE when they were down? If you think me expressing my opinion is "kicking someone when they're down", then that would be your problem, not mine.

The only "trolls" in this thread are those mocking a man for his son's tragic suicide and those defending them.

Dungy has always struck me as a weasel. He's the type of guy that gets all this praise for his class, but he makes my skin crawl. His blog post shows absolutely no self-awareness of how loathsome Polian is, and by extension that organization. He's an ass.

disgusting, Ignorant fans like you are the reason most of the free NFL world hates your team, and gives the good ones a bad name

I do not excuse the comments of the poster in regards to Dungy's son, but I do disagree on the reasons why, "the free NFL world hates our team." They do so because they keep winning in spite of the supposed parirty of the salary cap and rules "emphasized" due to your GM being on the competition committee. They are sick of our team because we have the smartest coach and the best clutch QB in the league. They hate our team because people actually want to come in as free agents and play for less money.

I hate to tell you, but I would bet within another year people around the league are going to get sick of this holier than though Polian, Dungy, Manning whiny ***** crap that they will soon turn on your team also. Maybe after that they will find the skeletons in the Colts closet and then your SB win will be considered "tainted." And if you believe that there is nothing like that against your team you are simply naive or the Colts had the industrial shredders and incinerators working over time.

Last edited:
Ok, I agree, it is a Patriots fansite. I respect that. Thats why I don't start crap here. I haven't even commented on the whole spygate incident except to say that I thought it was sour grapes from the Jets. How does that make me a troll? As for my screenname, thats my opinion, nothing more. I'm sorry if it bothers you.

Show me where I've kicked ANYONE when they were down? If you think me expressing my opinion is "kicking someone when they're down", then that would be your problem, not mine.

The only "trolls" in this thread are those mocking a man for his son's tragic suicide and those defending them.
What do you expect? As a fan of the Colts you're discussing a touchy subject on a Pats site. You are obviously and justifiably defensive of Dungy when someone attacks his character! Do you really expect posters on here to be civil when you have that as your sig?? Like it or not, around here you're a TROLL in most everyone's eyes. Accept it or not, it is what it is!

I believe I already mentioned you were one of the better trolls here. Yes, I consider most people that go to another teams fans site and "advertise" his opinion that his team's QB is "better" then the other guy's is a troll.

That said, it's probably unfortunate that I did not include Boomers original post in with my comments, because they have as much to do with my response as yours did. Boomer posts a neener neener post about your coach preaching how much better he/his team is better then ours. That gonna draw and angry response from some, some that might cross a line.

And YEAH, much as you don't like it, there are some people (including many fathers) that think placing a higher priority on your job then attending to the well being of a sick child is a warped school of thought (even if its in appearence only). I'm in 100% agreement with you that that argument doesn't belong here, but I can understand how someone, in anger at the initial balls of the poster, would resort to that kind of retailitory barb.

If you had said nothing, I'm sure one of the Patriot fans on here, would have said "Dude, that kinda goes over the line". But you come on "holier than thou" with the tired "stay classy" line as a put down. You coulda, if you had some class and did truely understand that this is a PATRIOT FAN site said something like this

Don, with all due respect, I can understand that what Coach Dungy said would irk you, but bringing the greatest single personal tragedy of his life as a response, is not really the best arguement IMO. It's one thing to argue the merits of what said in his role as a NFL coach, but judgements about his personal life are better left unsaid. Thanks.

What do you expect? As a fan of the Colts you're discussing a touchy subject on a Pats site. You are obviously and justifiably defensive of Dungy when someone attacks his character! Do you really expect posters on here to be civil when you have that as your sig?? Like it or not, around here you're a TROLL in most everyone's eyes. Accept it or not, it is what it is!

You're probably right, although I would hope people would judge me by my knowledge of football and my passion for talking about it, instead of the name I choose to use. Its just my opinion and not meant to be rude or abrasive.:)

If the Pats need to use a 2 sentence quote in a Blog as bulletin board material for the biggest rivalry game in the NFL then thats their issue, I'm sure the Colts will be fully prepared regardless

If the Pats need to use a 2 sentence quote in a Blog as bulletin board material for the biggest rivalry game in the NFL then thats their issue, I'm sure the Colts will be fully prepared regardless

We hear this refrain every week. The Chargers said the same thing. It's beyond even a discussion at this point. Yes, the Patriots get jacked up by using bulletin board material. And they've been doing this now for 7 years. It should be obvious given the comments of people like Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi.

Why you all act surprised....what else you expect from TONY DUNGY

Well, well. The reasons for my hatred for everything dolts continues to grow, unabated, and with no end in sight.

How dare that slimy, cowardly woman dungheap dredge up his owner and compare him, favorably, to BK.

Which owner took his franchise, one of the most storied in NFL history, and moved it, in the middle of the night, to a middle-of-nowhere, hayseed cornfield with a racetrack?

And which owner, a loyal season-ticket holder for over 20 years, bought his franchise, at a relatively high price; turned down (eventually) the best offer ever given any team to relocate; and built, at a not-insignificant financial risk, a new stadium while his team, under a first-year HC who was not popular amoung the press and some of his players, floundered to a 5-11 record?

What a clueless, sacriligious pile of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back