PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tommy Kelly on Vince Wilfork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Tommy Kelly Says Playing Next to Vince Wilfork Was Key Reason for Signing With Patriots | New England Patriots | NESN.com

“You wanna play with someone that can play. You know, you always watch people who play your position. I mean, he’s a real good player. A hell of a player.”

but what is really interesting is:

Kelly also said his teammate in Oakland, Richard Seymour, always spoke highly of his time in New England. He stressed that despite saying he’s nearing the end of his career, he still has a lot left in the tank.

The story we here all the time is of Seymour having a grudge on NE.

I think Seymour has a grudge against Belichick, but probably views his time overall in New England, with Brady and Wilfork, to be really good. I don't think he'd come back because hey, BB is still here. But it doesn't surprise me that he would speak highly of his time here, especially since he has three Lombardi's and a nearly perfect season's worth of memories.

I think Seymour has a grudge against Belichick, but probably views his time overall in New England, with Brady and Wilfork, to be really good. I don't think he'd come back because hey, BB is still here. But it doesn't surprise me that he would speak highly of his time here, especially since he has three Lombardi's and a nearly perfect season's worth of memories.

I agree. Seymour's been cited as saying good things about the Patriots before. But it was obvious toward the end that he was unhappy about how BB treated him.

And, while this is not based on clear reporting, I conjecture that he had a really complicated relationship with his father, a disciplinarian with a hot enough temper to die in a murder/suicide.

I agree. Seymour's been cited as saying good things about the Patriots before. But it was obvious toward the end that he was unhappy about how BB treated him.

I agree, but even those feelings can change dramatically with time, distance, and experience working for a dysfunctional organization under the guidance of guys like Tom Cable and Hue Jackson. I believe the positive comments he's made about the Patriots included the whole organization's approach, and that means Belichick.

Gerard Warren also said one of the reasons he chose the Patriots at the time was the recommendation of Seymour. I think when he first left he was bitter just like Milloy and others but in time saw the light that it was just the stress of any business situation and that it was an important part of his life. Things aren't always smooth no matter your job. I'm sure most of us have left a place, thought it over and then said ya not a bad place to work.

I think Big Sey wanted to stay with the Pats ..but at his price. If we did that for every player, it would mean the kiss of death to our depth. Thus a business decision came into play. Each player has to see what they can or will not accept. Does geting a competive salary and playing on a winning team mean more than ...max money and an unknown environement. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt...I think Tomy kelly is going to love it here. its going to be like Randy Moss from the Raiders again....hopefully...without the baggage

Tommy Kelly Says Playing Next to Vince Wilfork Was Key Reason for Signing With Patriots | New England Patriots | NESN.com

“You wanna play with someone that can play. You know, you always watch people who play your position. I mean, he’s a real good player. A hell of a player.”

Kelly also said his teammate in Oakland, Richard Seymour, always spoke highly of his time in New England. He stressed that despite saying he’s nearing the end of his career, he still has a lot left in the tank.

Gerard Warren also said that part of why he decided to come to NE is because Seymour encouraged him to and spoke very highly of the organization.

Time and distance tend to remove emotion and allow you to have a better perspective on things. That's true with most things.

This thread title is giving me a horrible visual.

This thread title is giving me a horrible visual.

you need a masseuse to relieve your visual stress...I trust you can find one on your own...stay away from mines

Playing for an incredibly bad Oakland team would lend some perspective I imagine.

Richard is more than welcome to come back and sign with the Patriots if he wants one more ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes