PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase posts Beisel vid link, credits PatsFans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did BB and SP ever see in this guy? That was completely horrible technique. He should have lowered his shoulder and hit him at the waste, that would have sent him sprawling out of bounds. Instead it looked like he grabbed his shoulders and tried to drag him down.

Last edited:
Thanks very much to whoever posted the video, but there seems to be a clear rule among at least the veteran players in pre-season to avoid injuring the QB. You would see veteran defenders pull up short of Brady rather than give him the big hit.

Last week wilfork was kind of angry at the play. he felt Lorenzen was a punk. and that beisel was most likely letting up thinkling he was running out of bounds when lorenzen turned back and cracked him. he said if beisel hits him instead its a penalty.

R_T26 said:
Last week wilfork was kind of angry at the play. he felt Lorenzen was a punk. and that beisel was most likely letting up thinkling he was running out of bounds when lorenzen turned back and cracked him. he said if beisel hits him instead its a penalty.

You cant play thinking the guy is going out of bounds. Do you remember 1997 playoffs in the fog game against Pittsburgh when Todd Collins thought Kordell Stewart was going out of bounds and let up. Stewart scampered down the sideline for a TD and the Pats lost 7-6

Willie55 said:
You cant play thinking the guy is going out of bounds. Do you remember 1997 playoffs in the fog game against Pittsburgh when Todd Collins thought Kordell Stewart was going out of bounds and let up. Stewart scampered down the sideline for a TD and the Pats lost 7-6

Vividly. I was aghast. A guy named Vrabel had a pretty good game for the Steelers.

I wonder if **** Vermeil shed any tears when Beisel didn't make the cut.

dryheat44 said:
Vividly. I was aghast. A guy named Vrabel had a pretty good game for the Steelers.

Yep. Right down to his waning minutes strip-sack of some guy named Bledpepper.

Oswlek said:
I wonder if **** Vermeil shed any tears when Beisel didn't make the cut.

Speaking of Vermeil, did anybody else absolutely hate the Vermeil/Walsh commericals. Terrible. The only way those would work would be some vintage Jim Mora footage....PLAYOFFS?......PLAYOFFS?

I dont really get the hoopla over that hit. Lorenzen is what 270? Beisel is around there too right? Lorenzen had a full head of speed and put his head into Beisel's chest. Not really that big of a surprise that biesel got pushed back.

Last edited:
Seemed pretty clear to me that Beisel went in high to shove Lorenzen out of bounds and Lorenzen pulled a classless move to knock him on his butt. That and Lorenzen's clip of Mike Wright are of a piece. He's a QB, he already has a target painted on his back. If he does this in the regular season, he's lunchmeat.

Not crazy about Beisel, but this play isn't about him. It's about Lorenzen.

desi-patsfan said:
I dont really get the hoopla over that hit. Lorenzen is what 270? Beisel is around there too right? Lorenzen had a full head of speed and put his head into Beisel's chest. Not really that big of a surprise that biesel got pushed back.

Does no one here remember MO LEWIS!?!?!?!? Now that is a how a linebacker should hit a QB who is heading for the sideline, and Drew isnt small by any means. That play exactly is why Monty is a lover (for good reason looking at his wife) not a fighter.
On another point, I think it is awsome that Thomase cited this page and has the pulse of the Pats fan base in mind.

desi-patsfan said:

The point is, Beisel's form was AWFUL. That's why he got a helmet in the chest, and why he got driven back. Instead of coming in full speed on the not-sliding, not-out of bounds quarterback, getting his right arm underneath for leverage, lowering his shoulder and exploding through the guy to drive him out of bounds... he does what Beisel usually did, which is run up, put on the brakes right before contact so that he loses all momentum and in fact begins leaning backwards, then tries to square up but fails, taking a hard hit to his chest (instead of delivering one) and being taken off his feet, because he has no momentum or leverage to withstand the impact. I don't care if this is a preseason game, the guy isn't going to slide or step out of bounds neatly, and you're fighting for a job? Tackle him, don't get run over.

kptmorgan04 said:
Does no one here remember MO LEWIS!?!?!?!? Now that is a how a linebacker should hit a QB who is heading for the sideline, and Drew isnt small by any means. That play exactly is why Monty is a lover (for good reason looking at his wife) not a fighter.
On another point, I think it is awsome that Thomase cited this page and has the pulse of the Pats fan base in mind.

1. Drew is not 285 lbs.
2. Drew did not put his shoulder down and attempt to bowl over Lewis, he let up if anything.

I don't care how big Lorenzen is. You think Tedy Bruschi would have jogged up to him and let him initiate the contact like that? Any halfway decent NFL linebacker runs into him full-speed and knocks his ass out of bounds.

Plus, this is a guy fighting for a roster spot? And he lets a quarterback do the sled-drill with his chin for eight yards upfield? Beisel was an embarassment. I'd have much rather had Larry Izzo playing in the regular defense. He's a little guy who actually enjoys football. With Beisel, you could almost hear him saying, "Hey, c'mon guys, let's all be friends here."

Ungeheuer said:
I don't care how big Lorenzen is. You think Tedy Bruschi would have jogged up to him and let him initiate the contact like that? Any halfway decent NFL linebacker runs into him full-speed and knocks his ass out of bounds.

Plus, this is a guy fighting for a roster spot? And he lets a quarterback do the sled-drill with his chin for eight yards upfield? Beisel was an embarassment. I'd have much rather had Larry Izzo playing in the regular defense. He's a little guy who actually enjoys football. With Beisel, you could almost hear him saying, "Hey, c'mon guys, let's all be friends here."
I'm not defending Beisel as a player but I am defending him on that one particular play. The way people are talking, the qb, took his candy, spun him around and ***** raped him. You might want to watch the replay again, the qb didn't get anywhere near 8 yards after contact, it was more like one so through your eyes it will probably look more like 2 or 3. And yes, had the mighty Bruschi hit that qb, I have little doubt the outcome would have been any different.

Last edited:
Alk said:
I'm not defending Beisel as a player but I am defending him on that one particular play. The way people are talking, the qb, took his candy, spun him around and ***** raped him. You might want to watch the replay again, the qb didn't get anywhere near 8 yards after contact, it was more like one so through your eyes it will probably look more like 2 or 3. And yes, had the mighty Bruschi hit that qb, I have little doubt the outcome would have been any different.

Actually, that's exactly what the QB did. He lowered his head and delivered a blow to a linebacker that was putting on the brakes. Bruschi would have gotten low, delivered a blow to the side and not exposed himself to the quarterbacks helmet by stopping short of impact and BEING A COWARDLY LITTLE *****. That was a disgusting play by a linebacker, to even intimate that Bruschi would take that approach to a similar play is an insult, quite frankly.

Richter said:
Actually, that's exactly what the QB did. He lowered his head and delivered a blow to a linebacker that was putting on the brakes. Bruschi would have gotten low, delivered a blow to the side and not exposed himself to the quarterbacks helmet by stopping short of impact and BEING A COWARDLY LITTLE *****. That was a disgusting play by a linebacker, to even intimate that Bruschi would take that approach to a similar play is an insult, quite frankly.
Well I'm sorry that you take it so seriously that you're insulted but IMO even if a LB didn't let up, that lard ***** qb would have still gotten forward progress. And just so we have this straight, have you tried running this play back on Madden's or someting to find out exactly what Bruschi would have done? You know, WWBD?

Last edited:
Upon further review, it didn't even appear that Beisel let up at all. On the slow motion replay, it appears that Beisel actually put a hell of a hit on the guy but after that, physics just kind of took over.

and we all did see Harrison push this lard ass to the ground didnt we??

kptmorgan04 said:
and we all did see Harrison push this lard ass to the ground didnt we??
I'm just not even going to argue anymore about a player that isn't even a Patriot. I stated my opinion and that's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case