PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase: I screwed up and will offer full explanation in Friday's Herald

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking towards reading what he has to say on Friday.

I am getting the feeling that there will be a major spilling of beans in that piece.

Just more BS to sell more papers on friday - The Globe must be beating the Heralds as- so they rersort to a little known sports reporter to liven things up to save thier paper which obviously is struggling to keep up.

Any topic which is controversial will sell papers and Tomase obviously wanted a name for himself and a bright future for the Herald's popularity by posting that garbage in February

I live in Calgary, Alberta, but I still follow the Patriots back to my days leaving near Boston in Canada. This story is big in Canada as well and no matter what Tomase says...his reputation will always be tarnished and he will never have the respect of the New England Patriots.

Tomase full explanation on Friday will look something like this "I was not completely wrong about Pats videotaping signal because Walsh meeting with Specter and Goodell confirmed what I wrote in my article even though there was no Ram walkthrough video."

Basically, you will see him telling everybody that he was only 'partially' wrong and does 360 degree spin about Specter so that he can take off some heat.

I will read his explanation this friday to see what I am saying today is 'wrong'. He better mentions his 'source' in this explanation on Friday.

It is easy for him to write a resignation letter because of his incompetent and his desire to screw pats up because other media did it.

Save your drama and BS, Tomase.

There is no rationale he can offer to "explain" his way out of this. He can go one of two routes: he can try to somehow justify what he did journalistically, or he can get all weepy and personal and beg forgiveness. Either way would be pathetic and inadequate.

I was a newspaper reporter for 17 years, the initial part of that as a sportswriter. I now publish a music magazine. I've never seen anything like this, anywhere. Tomase and the Herald committed a professional cardinal sin and are trying to wriggle free. I'm embarrassed for and ashamed of him and his editors.

A classy post by Tomase. Patriots fans calling for his head deserve to be smacked around far more than he does.

Like several others, I am baffled by the wait. Like the way he waited until his facts were checked before running with a false story? That just HAPPENED to be right before the Superbowl.

No sympathy here.

A classy post by Tomase. Patriots fans calling for his head deserve to be smacked around far more than he does.

Like his classy headline up yesterday for an hour where he says the Patriots Spied on the Rams walk through? Funny how that classy story went away after an hour. This one act shows his true colors.

He either outs his source or outs himself.....

There is no "C" option.....

I am looking towards reading what he has to say on Friday.

I am getting the feeling that there will be a major spilling of beans in that piece.

I'm definitely going to read it too-or at least read about it- I'm curious to see if he has anything real to say. If he just blahblahs then I'll want those few minutes it took to read it back in my life;)

I used to like him-I never in a million years expected this kind of thing from him. Not just this but he's had some irritating pieces for awhile now IIRC. I wonder what happened to make him change so drastically? I used to enjoy reading his opinions, especially when he was paired up with Breer.He's not that kind of writer anymore, apparently.

Tomase's an ass. He was going to get his moment in the spotlight, screw the fans, team, or anyone else. He'd make a prime candidate for ESPN.

Well he gets his chance to say what he has to say, but should have said it months ago, when he wrote the stroy.. I look forward to hearing it, but with out the story , Sen Meta mucial, and the times, this was over when it was over...

This tub of sh## is done here in Boston.......you reap what you sew fatboy.....time to pack the bags johnny.....the fact that this piece of dogsh## is groveling after he single handedly derailed the Pats SB run and attempt at history is PATHETIC!!!!! The Rag (herald) better do the right thing and demand that he resign or FIRE his bloated a##......or Kraft should start assembling his legal team......

Pats1...how is it you always seem to get these stories first? What are you a Pats news magnet?

Firefox's bookmarks toolbar feature. Just gotta line up all the blog links, plus Google Reader and PatsFans, and you're good to go...

I say that we hear what he has to say before we continue with the lynching. People screw up - it's what we do. The guy was trying to get a story and a possible career boost, but it backfired. Ten bucks says he'd take it back in a heartbeat, and I'm sure he realizes it's going to be a LONG time before anyone trusts his writing again. I'm curious to see what the guy has to say, anyway.

Seeing how Ive screwed up many times in my life and would like to have some moments back for things I have done because of stupidity, Im willing to at least listen to him and see what he has to say before I lynch the guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. He demands our patience, but exhibited none of his own in rushing to judgement. Hypocrite.

Great points here.....I can just see his smiling bloated face when this story was released ONE FREAKING Day before the SB.......He thought he was going to move WAY up the journalistic/media ladder with selling his soul and destroying the city's HOME TEAM......and now......He is groveling like the gutless coward that he is.........begging for mercy.......one day after he tried to make MORE out of the NOTHING that came out of the Walsh/GOD-dell meeting........and when the newspaper realized they were about to get screwed.....all of a sudden it is "please......have patience with me.........I beg of you"......F you...you fat disgusting, gutless weasel........Take it like a man!!!!! I hope he gets what is coming to him.........

Especially when backed into a corner and practically FORCED to respond. It's all so reactionary on the Herald's part. Would any of this apology happened without Walsh coming clean? I doubt it. If Tomase and the Herald think they can say "sorry" and then proceed with the status quo, they've got another guess coming. At the very, very least, he should be removed from the Patriots beat.

NO BOSTON SPORTS team will allow this bloated pile of puke on their property.....If he is not FIRED....or has the balls enough to resign...every team in Boston/Mass. should ban him from their premises.......

Unless he says that Matt Walsh told him this and he is a liar then it’s over. I will make up a list of Herald advertisers and begin to write them and ask them if their advertising in the Herald indicates their support of the herald’s brand of journalism and thus represents their views. This is the way as a consumer to get things done.

As a journalist you HAVE TO CHECK YOUR SOURCES Dr...........The "HE said, she said" crap doesn't hold up in a court of law......or in public opinion....HE is RESPONSIBLE for his despicable actions......now be a man and take the punishment......

NO BOSTON SPORTS team will allow this bloated pile of puke on their property.....If he is not FIRED....or has the balls enough to resign...every team in Boston/Mass. should ban him from their premises.......

If he comes out and says he got it 1st hand from Walsh I would be able to bare him keeping his job. That would be understandable that he got it first hand from him and then he did a 180. If he didn’t, I will write an email to every advertiser in the Herald.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down