Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tomase at least partly to blame for this BS

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by marcus, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcus

marcus On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Did he have to go with a story of a rumor from a "unnamed source" without confirmation on the day before the super bowl?
    I don't suppose this could have waited.... until he checked it out a bit more.

He knew this would be BIG for his career.

I guess he just didn't think about the impact such a BS story, that the Patriots have denied would have.

Lets see if he writes about the Patriots strong Denial.

Congratulations Tomase STFU

2. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +423 / 14 / -2

#12 Jersey

Tomase is a piece of garbage. I don't read his articles, I don't visit his blogs. He will get no props from me. The Herald is a garbage News Paper with garbage Reporters. I will not spend one dime on anything they sell. :mad:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  3. Snake

Snake Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Boycott the Herald.

4. Kdo5

Kdo5 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +114 / 8 / -7

Look if he had some sort of evidence beside an unnamed source I wouldn't be furious at him. Purposely bad timing by him but its his job to report this stuff as a journalist. If its a story with some truth then be the first to report it.

But to create that article with no evidence presented to us which in turn has created a **** storm and the ressurrection of spy gate, I want to tar and feather that fat piece of ****. :mad:

Had to get that out of my system. If it ends up being true then OK...don't blame you Tomase. But in the likelihood that it is complete BS then I hope he gets crapped on for this by Pats fans for a while.

5. fillylabinga

fillylabinga Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Tomase should be fired. So should his editor. How they could run a completely unsubstantiated story like this the day before the super bowl is beyond me. If you have evidence, great, let's see it. If a witness is going to step forward and give a statement, great, tell us who it is so we can evaluate their credibility. Otherwise, shut the F up!

6. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think he was doing what he was paid to do. Whether or not he was inaccurate or not will come out in the wash....trust me.

On a personal side, I look at his picture on the Herald website and see the spoiled fat kid in elementary school who always had the cool toys but would never share them with anyone.

7. Sam Malone

Sam Malone On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree. And another part that bothers me is he has all this supposed information yet he doesn't know if the Pats actually told the supposed employee to do do what they are saying.

I really hope the pats become more aggressive in defending themselves after the Super Bowl.

8. Patstopia

Patstopia Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0

I don't get how this crap even matters. We aready were punished this year. Can we be punished again for something 6 years ago? Seems like mud throwing at a team about to go to the SB. They should be ashamed! If I got the paper I would cancel my subscription!

9. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I remember reading how John Tommose is a good read, well how do people feel about him now.. ???

10. newton_tom_cat

newton_tom_cat Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

the worst part about it is that it's coming from a boston newspaper.

11. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

well said.

12. stcjones

stcjones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +103 / 32 / -23

#12 Jersey

That fat piece of sh!t!!!! To try to tarnish what the Pats have accomplished with a bunch of BS like this.....especially from a so called local guy is unforgiveable.....He should be fired....and if anyone sees his fat bloated sorry a## leaving town.....kick it as hard as you can.....piece of sh!t!!!!!

13. Patriotic Fervor

Patriotic Fervor Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

When my wife and I saw this story on ESPNNews this morning, I told my wife it had been reported by the Herald, to which she replied, "Oh, that trash tabloid? Worse than the Enquirer...or the Onion!"

I told her to go easy on the Onion...:D

14. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I remeber Felger was removed from the Bruins beat, because of request by the owner, I think John Tommose could be on the verge of this as well..

15. dtbrks

dtbrks 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I stopped reading the herald after "spygate" broke in Sept

16. Patriotic Fervor

Patriotic Fervor Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

The "standards" of journalism have fallen a long way, so that even something as egregious as this "reporting" will doubtless result in any punishment, let alone being fired. (Might get him a cup of coffee, tho...)

But even if he were, he'd doubtless quickly be scooped up by the NYT or The New Republic.

Such are the times we live in...

17. PonyExpress

PonyExpress In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

If the Herald story proves false, and the Patriots lose tomorrow, what would be the fallout?

I can't imagine.

18. tedylb

tedylb Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

And then tattled on his classmates because no one liked him. He thought this would make him important.

19. patriotfan32

patriotfan32 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The problem I have with Tomase article is that obviously his "source" is this man named Walsh who has significant credibility issues. If your going to accuse an organization of a significant act, then your proof better be something more than just a person throwing out accusations. This story has now become a national story and people are taking one person's accusations as fact. At foxsports.com, there has already been articles wanting Belichick out. Its easy to make accusations, its a lot harder to correct them. It just seems that this story will continue to be discussed no matter what statement the NFL or Patriots release because of one "sources" allegations. Its shoddy journalism by Tomase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.