Tomase article on Warren, excellent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Nice article on Ty Warren, he has become a terror and a force on the D-line, shows his commitment to the off season program.. body fat now down to 15%..also some insight to the motivation the veterans pass on to the new guys.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=158775

FOXBORO - The days and weeks leading up to the 2003 NFL draft thickened Ty Warren’s skin.

A consensus first-day talent, he nonetheless absorbed hit after hit.

“Lacks quickness, consistency, and intensity,†opined draft expert Joel Buchsbaum.

“Can be a non-factor,†said Pro Football Weekly.

“An enigmatic prospect,†wrote ESPN’s Mel Kiper.

But the comment that bothered Warren most came from the Sporting News, which wondered if cashing in would cause him to cash out.

“We fear his effort will slip once he starts collecting a paycheck,†the weekly wrote. The words rankle Warren to this day.

“That’s the most degrading thing anyone’s ever said about me,†he said. “I love this game and I always have since second grade. Anybody who said that doesn’t know me and doesn’t know anybody that knows me.â€

Warren needn’t worry, because each day he spends in the NFL makes those words look more foolish. One of three first-round picks on the team’s defensive line, he’s on the verge of a breakout season.

He recorded a game-winning safety in the opener against the Buffalo Bills, then made a career-high 11 tackles against the New York Jets last week. Somewhat overshadowed by perennial All-Pro defensive end Richard Seymour and touted nose tackle Vince Wilfork, Warren may soon be a household name himself.

That's a great read.

I remember being disgruntled with the pick at the time, being that I'd never heard of the guy.

Well, I've heard of him now. :)

Bump. Warren has been our best overall player through week 2 and went last year as probably our best D-lineman. I know I'm gonna be lynched for not saying Seymour, but if you look at the tape, Seymour tends to be missing for large chunks of time, I just don't see this with Ty.

TeamPats said:
Bump. Warren has been our best overall player through week 2 and went last year as probably our best D-lineman. I know I'm gonna be lynched for not saying Seymour, but if you look at the tape, Seymour tends to be missing for large chunks of time, I just don't see this with Ty.
I got your back podner! Sey was streaky last year, at least part of it due to "known" injuries. Ty was the anchor while Vince was getting his technique right, you only have to go back to the first half graphics of the Kansas City game last year, when they put them up on the screen in the 3rd quarter you could see KC was running at Sey - watching tape you saw Rosey drawing double-teams while Willie Roaf was handling Sey easily - Willie must have worn down in the second half or Sey found his on switch, because the only good runs Larry Johnson had after that came against the nickel defense.

That was the famous draft were nobody was happy about any of the picks other than KLECKO! :eek:

Shame on us all. :bricks:

Warren is a stud. Tough and good against the run. And not obsessed with seeking glory.

Ty Warren has been by far the most underrated player on this defense for the last few years. Im glad he's finally starting to get his due.

very good article, it's about time Ty starts getting some notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News