PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Curran of NBCSports says Eagles over Chargers in SB 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont see anything wrong with curranś pick. why does anyone who doesnt pick the pats a villian ? and peter king who has so often criticized BB for his spygate crap picks the pats and suddenly he is good.
so many things can happen and everyone doesnt need to pick the usual suspects all the time e.g pats/colts/cowboys.

true...the only pronosticator I consider totally worthless is Greg Bunnybrook

i dont see anything wrong with curranś pick. why does anyone who doesnt pick the pats a villian ? and peter king who has so often criticized BB for his spygate crap picks the pats and suddenly he is good.
so many things can happen and everyone doesnt need to pick the usual suspects all the time e.g pats/colts/cowboys.

i can gaurantee you....Peter King is NOT good in my book

Curren is honest and fair, he went out of the box by making this pick.. His concerns about the Pats is a legit one.. Something that Im concerned with as well..

it's spelled "Guarantee"...sorry, but Patjew made me promise to moderate this board without bias...so I'm afraid you'll have to refrain from posting until a truly illiterate moron like "the Archives" makes another of his "special" appearances...:)

yea, but the most important thing is...did he win the SB? How did he make up for the interceptions that he made? :confused:

He threw 3 TDs in 4 playoff games to go along with his 7 INTs and a lost fumble in the Super Bowl.

His defense did made up for him in every game excluding the Pats game which I'd rather not even get into.

King is good???

Dear Mr Sarcasm:

I am not saying the Patriots are guaranteed to win the Super Bowl but they have a much better chance than the Eagles do

In fact I think this years Pats team is likely to fall short again of a championship as I think the defense looks soft in the secondary to be able to go way deep into the postseason but I do think the Chargers or Cowboys and maybe even the Vikings or Colts could have been a pick that is more realistic than an Eagles team right now

Well since the dark horse Giants won it last year, some people will be picking the dark horse to win it this year. I think the Eagles are as good a pick as any. They have some good talent and are well coached. I personally think McNabb is a very good QB. He may get a little over rated, but he's good enough to take a team to the SB. Just my opinion.

Dear Mr Sarcasm:

I am not saying the Patriots are guaranteed to win the Super Bowl but they have a much better chance than the Eagles do

In fact I think this years Pats team is likely to fall short again of a championship as I think the defense looks soft in the secondary to be able to go way deep into the postseason but I do think the Chargers or Cowboys and maybe even the Vikings or Colts could have been a pick that is more realistic than an Eagles team right now

First of all, the favorite in the league does not always win the Super Bowl. There is absolutely nothing wrong with something of a contrarian selection. Anyone can go pick the Patriots. Who cares? They went 18-1 last year. If everyone picked the team they thought was the most likely to win the Super Bowl, then everyone picks the Patriots. What's the point of that?

Jesus, what is it with all these writers on the Eagles bandwagon now? When did they improve that much to become Super Bowl contenders this offseason? When did they get better than the Cowboys?

He threw 3 TDs in 4 playoff games to go along with his 7 INTs and a lost fumble in the Super Bowl.

His defense did made up for him in every game excluding the Pats game which I'd rather not even get into.

allright, but for those wondering, i will go into it...

against the pats the refs made up for it...

Jesus, what is it with all these writers on the Eagles bandwagon now? When did they improve that much to become Super Bowl contenders this offseason? When did they get better than the Cowboys?

theyve always been contenders, they have the defense, an offensive line, and all they need is a healthy McNabb. I pick them to be the powerhouse of the NFC, better than the Cowgirls.

theyve always been contenders, they have the defense, an offensive line, and all they need is a healthy McNabb. I pick them to be the powerhouse of the NFC, better than the Cowgirls.

It's the natural evolution of the season, First it was the Bills, then the Vikings, then Cowboys and now the Eagles.

Lets all wait until Dec/Jan when reality checks in and it's the Patriots, Chargers, Colts and a NFC team that is TBD.

don't you remember ? they added asante. they're a powerhouse now.

Exactly. Did I miss something in the offseason with Philly? They'll do the same thing they do every year. Get into the playoffs, then disappear. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. I'd pick multiple teams in the NFC before the Eagles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents