PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots ALL OVER NFL Network today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armen Da Pats Fan

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I found out too late to set my TiVO, but maybe some of y'all can catch it and enjoy it!

Happy viewing!
ADPF

-------------------------------------------------------------------

10 a.m. -- Film Session
2003 New England Patriots - Under head coach Bill Belichick, the Patriots finished the regular season 12-4. Led to the playoffs by quarterback Tom Brady, the Patriots defeated the Titans (17-14) and the Colts (24-14) on their way to Super Bowl XXXVIII.

10:30 a.m. -- Film Session
2004 New England Patriots - Under head coach Bill Belichick, the Patriots finished the regular season 14-2. Led to the playoffs by quarterback Tom Brady, the Patriots defeated the Colts (20-3) and the Steelers (41-27) on their way to Super Bowl XXXIX against the Eagles.

11 a.m. -- Game of the Week
2005 New England Patriots vs Pittsburgh Steelers from 9/25/05 - Adam Vinatieri kicked three field goals, including a game-winning 43-yarder with one second left in the fourth quarter, as the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots edged the Pittsburgh Steelers, 23-20 at Heinz Field.

3 p.m. -- Game of the Week
New England Patriots vs. Atlanta Falcons - Adam Vinatieri kicked a game-winning 29-yard field goal with 17 seconds left to play, as the New England Patriots defeated the Atlanta Falcons 31-28 at the Georgia Dome.

4 p.m. -- Game of the Week
2005 New England Patriots vs Miami Dolphins from 11/13/05 - Tom Brady threw a pair of touchdown passes to Ben Watson as the Patriots held off Miami's offense in the final minute to escape Dolphins Stadium with a 23-16 victory.

5 p.m. -- Game of the Week
2005 Wild Card: Jacksonville Jaguars vs New England Patriots from 1/7/06 - Tom Brady threw for 201 yards and three touchdowns as the Patriots defeated the Jaguars 28-3, in an AFC wild card match up at Gillette Stadium.

8 p.m. -- Game of the Week
Super Bowl XXXVIII: Carolina Panthers vs. New England Patriots - Quarterback Tom Brady passed for 354 yards and three touchdowns as the Patriots defeated the Panthers 32-29. Kicker Adam Vinatieri booted a 41-yard field goal with four seconds left to secure the victory for New England.

9 p.m. -- Game of the Week
Super Bowl XXXIX: Philadelphia Eagles vs. New England Patriots - Quarterback Tom Brady passed for 236 yards and two touchdowns as he led the Patriots to their third Super Bowl Championship in four years over Donovan McNabb and the Philadelphia Eagles.

11 p.m. -- Game of the Week
Super Bowl XXXVIII: Carolina Panthers vs. New England Patriots - Quarterback Tom Brady passed for 354 yards and three touchdowns as the Patriots defeated the Panthers 32-29. Kicker Adam Vinatieri booted a 41-yard field goal with four seconds left to secure the victory for New England.

Last edited:
This is such a great idea and by far the best thing NFL Network does. Fabulous viewing.

Hoodie said:
This is such a great idea and by far the best thing NFL Network does. Fabulous viewing.

They ought to just call it.........Patriots Day......
sorry, couldn't resist.

Patsfanin Philly said:
sorry, couldn't resist.

Actually, I don't understand why they don't just call it the Patriots network and show Pats highlights every day, not just on Patriots Day. (Aren't you glad there's no Colts day?)

Patsfanin Philly said:
sorry, couldn't resist.

Actually, that IS what they're calling it!

Armen Da Pats Fan said:
Actually, that IS what they're calling it!

I guess then they'll go off the air on November 1 (All Saints Day)

Patsfanin Philly said:
I guess then they'll go off the air on November 1 (All Saints Day)

Now THAT'S good comedy!

Actually, they'll just put a bag over the network for the whole day!

Reading through all that, I just realize how much I will miss AV. Well, life moves on, so I should get going too :(

edgecy

edgecy said:
Reading through all that, I just realize how much I will miss AV. Well, life moves on, so I should get going too :(

edgecy

I hear you man. The more I keep watching the SB games on here today the more I am missing 55. Who would have thought then that he could be gone now.

But as you say.....life moves on.

This is bittersweet, but still like chicken soup for the Patriots fans off season pre-draft soul. Can you imagine living in Indy and subscribing to NFL Network and being subjected to this all day every few months? LOL

Watching XXXIX now and do we miss Rodney. Back to back plays to keep the Eagles out of the end zone - the almost pick tipped to Asante and overturned on a penalty, then the INT just in front of the goal line on the very next play. Coulda been in a nasty little hole at the half instead of a tie. BB was right - so glad we got you Rodney. Hope we get him back no later than the bye in 2006.

Jeezus - that's 3 playoff turnovers so far today that Faulk was in on......

Last edited:
MoLewisrocks said:
This is bittersweet, but still like chicken soup for the Patriots fans off season pre-draft soul. Can you imagine living in Indy and subscribing to NFL Network and being subjected to this all day every few months? LOL

Haha, I never thought about that! That just cheered me up immensely.

Thank you very much!!!:D

It was weird watching SB 39 for the first time in a while. Only one season (two offseasons) since then and so many changes.

A few observations :

- My God, how we miss Rodney. For a "slow" Safety he is all over the place. Just like that slow LB named Tedy. Instincts really do matter and reacting half a second before someone else can make up for a .1 difference in a forty time pretty quickly.

- Randall Gay did a nice job considering he had man to man coverage a good part of the game, often against Owens.

- We need that Dillon back. After watching him in 2006 I forgot what a beast he was before. Hopefully a healthy body was the only difference.

- I just shake my head at the players who chose to leave. Maybe I'd go for the money too but when I see McGinest in Cleveland and Givens in Tenessee, it's hard to believe that's what they really want. I guess I can see Givens a litte as he was a 7th rounder and not paid that much but I beleive we offered around 4 years / $10M at the end of which he'd only be 30 and could still get another good contract. I bet we'd have done 3 years / $9M too. And don't get me started on Vinatieri.

- Dexter Reid played almsot the whole second half at Safety :eek:

- Watching Tedy dunk Bill and Steve and the end is kind of chilling with Steve's passing. Seeing him on the sideline and thinking back to the part of "The Education of a Coach" which talks about Steve being in the lockeroom at halftime listening in to Bill and Ernie Adams discussing the strategy at a PhD level almost brings tears to my eyes as I realize what an amazing time that must have been for the three of them.

I really need to watch those games more often, it's been a while and it was amazing all the little things you forget and how quickly the roster moves on.

BelichickFan said:
- Watching Tedy dunk Bill and Steve and the end is kind of chilling with Steve's passing.

'Edu of a Coach' describes how BB and his dad both caught colds after that incident. Me, I always said that that video was evidence of at least involuntary manslaughter against Bruschi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference