PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady's got muscle???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Brady Workout Training Diet Routine- NFL Football Exercises and Weightlifting Conditioning

Great workout routine. However, an hour of cardio almost every single day? Isn't that over-training?

Not necessarily.

1) Your body will adapt to any stress/stimulus that it is used to feeling consistently

2) I'm sure he modifies and changes the intensity or type of cardiovascular activity each session which 'shocks' and refreshes the body.

If anything, I'd worry that the amount of cardio he does taking away from his muscle mass and maximal strength, but I'm sure his strength coach has given him proper guidelines, and Brady could care less about maximal strength at this point in his career as a QB. His training would be geared towards injury prevention and maintaining suitable 'NFL' strength/condition.

An hour of cardio a day is fine, depending on what else you're doing. For what he needs as a QB, it's definitely fine.

Brady gets at least an hour a day cardio on the Gisele-a-tron.....I'm just saying.....

Mark Sanchez benches more than Brady....:D

An hour of cardio is fine. If anything it's not enough. Your body isn't going to reach it's peak cardio conditioning based on 60 minutes of cardio a day.

Doing cardio for an hour or longer is old school. Its more effective to do shorter periods of HIIT.

Also, this article is old and was posted/discussed on here before.

Whatever...it's one more opportunity for knowledgeable Patsfans to critique what the GOAT does or doesn't do enough or too much of...while incorporating the requisite Gisele zinger...LOL

This place and a few others like it are what leads some mediots to conclude that Brady isn't as beloved in the region as you'd expect a guy who has delivered what he has to be... They don't understand that that speaks more to the natural inclination of the regions fanbase (exacerbated by the longstanding nature of it's elitist media) to equate criticism with objectivity than it does with the QB... We don't just love 'em here, we're better/smarter than that...LOL

Doing cardio for an hour or longer is old school. Its more effective to do shorter periods of HIIT.

This

20 mins HIIT 3 x's a week would be far better for a QB, plus general situational work like feet driils, short sprints etc. Long steady state cardio just catabolises muscle

That and a proper split day weights program

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results