PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady to be a DADDY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, thing number 1, I want to address the notion that players and their families view these sites:

First of all, I think it would be unlikely they see any given thread, but indeed possible. Secondly, I think it is unlikely players/families would be upset that there's some good natured ribbing here and there, but hell, anyone can have a bad day and your comment could "get to them," that particular day. Sure. Point taken.

But more importantly, it would take a LOT of spin, to see the level of "chop-busting" on this thread as malicious, given that the same people essentially post on threads that view Brady, rightly, as one of the greatest QBs of all time. The only way most of the cutting-up here could be seen as hostile, is if the player/family member in question chooses only to read this thread.

Not only that, but the ones "cutting up" are not claiming moral superiority or necessarily making the assumption it could not happen to them (or the statement that it has not happened to them).
------------------------------------------------------------------
Thing #2, on the claim that a passel of non-Christian faiths "condone" or "condemn" extramarital sex:

I can not give you an answer regarding other ones, but as regards Judaism, it's a matter of emphasis. "Fornication" is mentioned in a pretty unkind light in the Tanakh. However, it is not one of the "Big 10" commandments, and is treated as important but not earth-shatteringly so (as opposed to adultery, in which someone else suffers from your sin.) I think the emphasis on sexual purity we see in many Christian denominations results from the early emphasis on celibacy in the Christian church; Paul tells the Church that marriage is "permissible," by saying "It is better to marry than to burn," using a typical flourish of rhetorical double-entendre. He means, of course, both to burn with desire, and to burn in Hell. But the assumption going in to such a phrase has to be that early Christians, still expecting the Parousia, were likely attempting to live hyper-pure lives in expectation of the "End of Days." But those expectations came from Jewish sects, and can still be seen in many orthodox sects today.

From Paul's phrasing, of course, we tend to retain only the associations with "burning" in Hell, also emblematic of early church concerns. While the literature of Christianity retains a thorough, ubiquitous concern with apocolyptic (and/or afterlife) outcomes, Judaism developed much less rapidly, under varying conditions of apocolyptic or non-apocolyptic expectation; And so, in many interpretations of Christian doctrine, the personal decisions one is responsible for in both faiths, take on extra dimensions of importance.

So, while neither "condones" extramarital sex, the condemnation of same tends not to be central to the Jewish consciousness.

In closing: both Jews and Christians run the gamut in terms of attitudes toward sex; so in terms of descriptions of behavior actually exhibited by members of both groups, study of emphasis or dogma among clergy or literature may not be that useful.

(okay now move the thread to "religion" if youze guys want.)

PFnV

Mo is telling the truth. It probably wouldn't be the smartest of ideas to reveal their usernames as they would be liable to harassment by people such as yourself.

And you know he's telling the truth because......

The only people "harassing" other users in here have been BOR and his comrades. Since they are mostly homers...I doubt they would harass a Patriots player. So again, where's the proof (i.e. how would Molewis know whether Pats players/family members visist this forum - is he one of them)?

Last edited:
This may be an issue for him, as having a child out of marriage will in all likelihood be an issue for him and his family.

Well actually one of his sisters has been reported as to have had a child out of wedlock too so i don't think it's that big of a deal.

And you know he's telling the truth because......

The only people "harassing" other users in here have been BOR and his comrades. Since they are mostly homers...I doubt they would harass a Patriots player. So again, where's the proof (i.e. how would Molewis know whether Pats players/family members visist this forum - is he one of them)?

He knows because Ian confirmed it long before you showed up. And Ian has ways of knowing since it's his site. See, some of us know things about this board and it's members because we've been here quite a while. You just landed here and chose to hit the ground running making an ass of yourself in the process. So now you just dig your heels in and make it worse by becoming more strident and argumentative because it's only an annonymous message board and when you start off on the wrong foot on one it's apparently human nature to blame that on the existing homer members while spinning yourself as a more enlightened one.

Upstarter - from post 128

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromisedLand
Upstater, this is the second post in which you've claimed some Christian faiths do not prohibit extramarital sex. I certainly don't claim to be a theologist but if this is true it is news to me. Please educate us: exactly which Christian faiths condone extramarital sex?

Somebody certainly has "difficulty reading" but it most certainly isn't me :rolleyes:

You're the one claiming that Jews and Hindus are much better at sticking to dogmas of pre-marital sex. And you're wrong. I'm still waiting for the proof of that ridiculous exaggerated claim of yours, that Christians are the ones who can't stick to the tenets of their belief. As I said: show me the proof. But you don't have any. You're just blowing smoke.

The players do owe the fans something and vice versa.

* IMO, the only thing the players "owe" fans is to try thier hardest to win games.

You're the one claiming that Jews and Hindus are much better at sticking to dogmas of pre-marital sex. And you're wrong. I'm still waiting for the proof of that ridiculous exaggerated claim of yours, that Christians are the ones who can't stick to the tenets of their belief. As I said: show me the proof. But you don't have any. You're just blowing smoke.

You really do need help reading. Find me the post/quote where I "claimed" that "Jews and Hindus are much better at sticking to dogmas of pre-marital sex" and I'll provide you proof of what I ACTUALLY said, which was "individuals from others religions adhere to the principles of their faith in far greater numbers than do Christians". So, I'll wait for your answer - shouldn't take too long, since I WROTE IT, right...:rolleyes:

P.S. - By the way, although I didn't say anything about Jews/Hindus and premarital sex, you certainly haven't demonstrated at all that such a claim would be false.

He knows because Ian confirmed it long before you showed up. And Ian has ways of knowing since it's his site. See, some of us know things about this board and it's members because we've been here quite a while. You just landed here and chose to hit the ground running making an ass of yourself in the process. So now you just dig your heels in and make it worse by becoming more strident and argumentative because it's only an annonymous message board and when you start off on the wrong foot on one it's apparently human nature to blame that on the existing homer members while spinning yourself as a more enlightened one.

I'm fascinated by this peculiar obsession that you and a few others have about how long you have been on this board. I would hope that you have other sources of self-esteem besides how long you have been visiting an online messageboard although it appears not given the way you're always ranting about your longevity. Well, as proud as you may be about your long tenure on an online site, it really doesn't inherently make your opinion any better or worse than someone who joined after you did. Wish you could get a prize though...since you seem to be so proud of it. Perhaps the members on the board who also place great value on one's tenure can get together and celebrate your anniversay:rolleyes:

As a lapsed Catholic who would visit the Pope in a heartbeat and who engaged in as much pre-marital sex as possible (which is to say, not much), I say Contrats to Tom and Bridgett. The baby will be one lucky kid, the first evidence of which is that we are talking about a pregnancy. Right and wrong in these matters depends solely on how the parents raise the kid, including a friendship for the sake of the kid. The rest of it is noise. I give Tom (and Bridgett?) credit for not getting married if it wasn't right. As a public figure, this was the more difficult move than "doing the right thing" and risking a trapped marriage, which would have changed him over time and increased the odds of an unhappy home for the child.

Whatever one's views, we can safely say that Tom had much on his mind this past season.

what I ACTUALLY said, which was "individuals from others religions adhere to the principles of their faith in far greater numbers than do Christians".

P.S. - By the way, although I didn't say anything about Jews/Hindus and premarital sex, you certainly haven't demonstrated at all that such a claim would be false.

Show me the proof. You're all talk, no hat.

Of course I demonstrated it. I linked to a site which showed there was no sch prohibition. Man, you can't read.

Well, as proud as you may be about your long tenure on an online site, it really doesn't inherently make your opinion any better or worse than someone who joined after you did.

Dear PF1996:

As far as I'm concerned, when weighing opinions, it's not the number of posts that matter (see: NEM), but the general regards the forum has for the poster (see: patfanken).

And when you make statements like this one:

Now that Brady has been exposed, people will be honest about his on field performance and if need be, the Pats can upgrade the position without getting a lot of public grief.

It's unlikely most of this board is going to hold you in high esteem.

(1) Exposed? Exposed as what? Human? And how exactly does that change his on-field performance?
(2) Upgrade? If you could name one quarterback that could honestly be seen as a viable "upgrade" over Brady, especially when you factor in the $18M in dead money that would hit the cap, that might help.

Last edited:
Dear PF1996:

As far as I'm concerned, when weighing opinions, it's not the number of posts that matter (see: NEM), but the general regards the forum has for the poster (see: patfanken).

And when you make statements like this one:

It's unlikely most of this board is going to hold you in high esteem. If you could name one quarterback that could honestly be seen as a viable "upgrade" over Brady, especially when you factor in the $18M in dead money that would hit the cap, that might help.

There is no quarterback. Brady has done well by the fans, the team and Mr. Kraft. The only way he leaves here is when he retires, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

There is no quarterback. Brady has done well by the fans, the team and Mr. Kraft. The only way he leaves here is when he retires, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Well, it seems that PF1996 disagrees with you (us) on that, since he has implied--more than once--that the Pats might consider replacing Brady as starter. I'm just curious who he sees starting for the Pats instead.

Well, it seems that PF1996 disagrees with you (us) on that, since he has implied--more than once--that the Pats might consider replacing Brady as starter. I'm just curious who he sees starting for the Pats instead.

He's already shared that with us - Marc Bulger, who would not have thrown INT's in the last two playoff games like he did in the Pro Bowl. And as we all know those were the only reason we lost those games. :D

I agree with the overall point of your post but I'll address this question to you since you brought it up - what are the "blessings of parenthood"? I'm always amused when people claim this (while of course complaining about the hardships of being parents) so I'm curious to know what these "blessings" are specifically?

Actually, I know the answer to this one.

You know those rare and unforgettable moments of transcendence you hit at extraordinary moments of your life? Say you reach the peak of a mountain, or hear the opening crescendo of a magnificent symphony...and this breathtaking wave of sheer beauty washes through you from head to toe? As a parent that happens on an astonishingly regular basis, right in your own home.

I agree with the overall point of your post but I'll address this question to you since you brought it up - what are the "blessings of parenthood"? I'm always amused when people claim this (while of course complaining about the hardships of being parents) so I'm curious to know what these "blessings" are specifically?

At least for most people, there's nothing that compares to being a parent. For most, even through all the chaos, looking into a baby's eyes and seeing that baby progress through adulthood is an experience that cannot be duplicated elsewhere. It is truly one of life's blessings.

Like Coach like QB ..

.... terrible fathers. Tom learned from one of the best.

Re: Like Coach like QB ..

.... terrible fathers. Tom learned from one of the best.

Actually troll BB is a very good father as NFL HC's go and devoted to his children. And Tom's biological father did a pretty good job by NFL standards as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes