PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady to be a DADDY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, to be young and naive. Allow me to guess. You are about 25, childless, and have a shaky relationship with your parents. Son, just defer on this topic, lest you continue to show yourself for the a-hole your parents suspect you are (you did see in my previous post I said most parents, I made exception for parents who have ingrate children such as yourself).

Not sure about the rest of your assessment, but my guess is that he is probably about 21, and thinking about law school. That in itself is not a bad thing, of course, just telling. Of course, he ought to know what an ad hominem attack is.

Not sure why several posters feel congratulations are in order. When I found out my wife was pregnant with our third child (this news came as my youngest - I worked nights and babysat days - was about to graduate from 1/2 day kindergarten to full day 1st grade), I did not want to hear any congratulations. And I was well aware of the blessings of parenthood when I received this news, something Giselle dating Tom is probably not tapped into. So, please dispense with the "congrats Tom" unless you're sure that he shares your enthusiasm.

The "congratulations" are for bringing a new life into the world (and, in this case, a privileged world at that). His enthusiasm or lack thereof is his own business.

The "congratulations" are for bringing a new life into the world (and, in this case, a privileged world at that). His enthusiasm or lack thereof is his own business.

sounds good to me.

Last edited:
Tom never sold himself as anything other than who and what he is. In fact he has at times bristled at the way the media has chosen to spin him as a perfect goody two shoes. He remains an all american boy to all but those who have no rational grasp of just what that character has evolved into in this millenium. It's 2007, not 1957.

That's very perceptive, ML.

This is a crossroads for many of us in our perception of and response to Tom Brady. I'm old enough to be his father, but I certainly have put him on a pedestal and made him part of my twin boys' universes (since they were three, whenever I say "Let's play/watch football!", their response has been to raise their arms in the air and shout "Tom Brady, Touchdown!", usually while wearing their Toddler Brady jerseys.)

If we're honest, we'll acknowledge that he is a complex guy. Sure, he's earned a reputation as one of the best and toughest QB's of the SB era (just ask Brian Urlacher or Dwight Freeney), he's been a visible, doting uncle to his sister's kids, he's honed a clean cut image, he's been Laura Bush's guest at the State of the Union and he's had a much publicized audience with the Pope. But by being seen often with beautiful women in hotpsots in the US and Europe and by doing things like posing for GQ, he has also made it clear that he doesn't define himself as a goody two shoes (Exactly what was the Pope or Mrs. Bush or any of us supposed to think he was doing with those women? Breaking down tape? Debating the merits of the 4-3 vs the 3-4?).

So, until now, we've all been able to pick and choose the Tom Brady we wanted to perceive. The stud with beautiful women on his arm or the tough QB and loving uncle who's kept his nose clean. Most of us have liked both images and we've moved between the two as it suited us.

But now, there's no doubt that we can no longer separate the two in any way. He's a tough QB and loving uncle who's fathered a child by one beauty and is making nice all over Europe with another hottie while the mother of his kid is three or four months pregnant.

Each of us will either be able to keep these two sides of one man in our head at the same time, or we won't.

As for the impact of all of this on his play, I'll let his teammates and coaches decide that.

Wow!! - Yeah,That was a BIG math error which I am usually good at math stuff..I am very tired so please excuse my retarted math quote this time.
OK, but we simply cannot excuse spelling "******ed" r-e-t-a-r-t-e-d -- unless you were talking about what Tom did to Bridget? :D

Just kidding folks, don't send any letters. :)

Congrats to Tom and Bridgette, This is about as big of non story as they come. So Tom is going to be a Dad, I am sure he will be a great one. Not like he is the only unmarried father in the NFL.

This should squash once and for all, the Brady is gay rumors!

Now if BB was going to be a new Dad, that would be a story.

Congrats to Tom and Bridgette, This is about as big of non story as they come. So Tom is going to be a Dad, I am sure he will be a great one. Not like he is the only unmarried father in the NFL.

This should squash once and for all, the Brady is gay rumors!

Now if BB was going to be a new Dad, that would be a story.

Kinda puts this all in proper perspective - figures it would take a JETS fan to. ;)

This is a crossroads for many of us in our perception of and response to Tom Brady. I'm old enough to be his father, but I certainly have put him on a pedestal and made him part of my twin boys' universes (since they were three, whenever I say "Let's play/watch football!", their response has been to raise their arms in the air and shout "Tom Brady, Touchdown!", usually while wearing their Toddler Brady jerseys.)

If we're honest, we'll acknowledge that he is a complex guy. Sure, he's earned a reputation as one of the best and toughest QB's of the SB era (just ask Brian Urlacher or Dwight Freeney), he's been a visible, doting uncle to his sister's kids, he's honed a clean cut image, he's been Laura Bush's guest at the State of the Union and he's had a much publicized audience with the Pope. But by being seen often with beautiful women in hotpsots in the US and Europe and by doing things like posing for GQ, he has also made it clear that he doesn't define himself as a goody two shoes (Exactly what was the Pope or Mrs. Bush or any of us supposed to think he was doing with those women? Breaking down tape? Debating the merits of the 4-3 vs the 3-4?).

So, until now, we've all been able to pick and choose the Tom Brady we wanted to perceive. The stud with beautiful women on his arm or the tough QB and loving uncle who's kept his nose clean. Most of us have liked both images and we've moved between the two as it suited us.

But now, there's no doubt that we can no longer separate the two in any way. He's a tough QB and loving uncle who's fathered a child by one beauty and is making nice all over Europe with another hottie while the mother of his kid is three or four months pregnant.

Each of us will either be able to keep these two sides of one man in our head at the same time, or we won't.

As for the impact of all of this on his play, I'll let his teammates and coaches decide that.

Good post Mo. Too bad this thread won't end with it.

Good and interesting post!

Tom Brady is Tom Brady a human being first and foremost - he is NOT God. We love him because he is a winner and seems to be a good guy. We love football and want to live vicariously through him - winner on the field, stud to supermodels off the field. Now, we have to step back and say, you know, he is a human and surprises/bad (though I shouldn't call this Bad - since kids are a blessing) things happen to humans. The media made him to be the Golden boy...not Brady himself!

Brady's image is tarnished like it or not. In a way, he might like it that way. This kid had no where to go but down! He was on such a high pedestal that now the pedestal is still there, but not longer in the clouds high.

What he needs to do now, soon, fast - is do send out his own press release! I am shocked that his family and/or agent havn't insist he do that. Just a quick statement that he became aware of the situation after the breakup and that he remains a friend of Bridgets and will support her and his future child completely. That will just stop some of the horrible speculation I keep hearing! It is getting ugly on both sides!

It seems like many of you are making a lot of assumptions without knowing the truth. Only Bridget and Brady know that.

I don't know maybe we expected to much from Brady. I think that we forgot that he is human, HE IS NOT PERFECT. NO ONE IN THIS WORLD IS.

Brady is a great Quarterback. As a fan, that's all I expect from him. What he does in his personal life is not my business. I'm not his mother or a distant relative. He Owes me NOTHING, and he doesn't OWE anyone in this forum a thing either. I think that some of us have forgotten that this is a personal matter between two ADULTS. Give them a chance to figure things out before we pass judgement on either party.

It's amazing how when the average Joe on the street gets a girl pregnant and leaves her it's not a big deal. But because a "famous" guy "ALLEGEDLY" does it, IT IS A BIG DEAL. I'm sorry. As a woman, who has been through this kind of thing, I don't consider what Brady did as anything unusual or special. I paint ALL MEN with the same brush. Brady is NOT the FIRST guy to have a child out of wedlock and he sure as hell won't be the last.
Maybe, my situation has made me cynical. I just can't seem to get worked up about it. It seems like typical male crap to me. Before you throw Brady under the bus and talk about his MORALS, add some of these "MARRIED MEN" who stood before God and Family and made promises that they could not keep to the list. WHERE are their MORALS? :mad:

Last edited:
i can imagine for Tom it is absolutely a very bad news...i can imagine he knew allready...still it is probably something he did not expected...
now what will he do ???? he will merry her ? or...?

not good imho...

this is a R E A L distraction, no doubt

My sentiments exactly. I felt danger in this relationship two years ago, and now it's here. This changes everything.

//

My sentiments exactly. I felt danger in this relationship two years ago, and now it's here. This changes everything.

//

LOL For who, you or Tom?

Don't know if this has been discussed, but this whole thing is starting to take an unfortunate & ugly turn & continues to turn into a friggin soap opera...

Bridget's friends are now lying that "Tom broke up with her when she found out she was pregnant." Which simply isn't possible since he broke up with her in mid-November, and there's no way she'd know she was pregnant until mid-December.

Meanwhile, Brady's friends are claiming that Bridget was on birth control and "may have gotten pregnant on purpose" by going off of the pills and not telling him.

I think it's unfortunate for this unborn child that both parties are acting like this. Friends of both sides are basically coming out to sling mud at the other side. Seems pretty dumb to me, albeit natural & somewhat expected.

On the one hand, I gotta side with Tom here, I think there's a fairly good chance considering the timeline that Bridget did "trap" Tom and her pregnancy was no accident...

That said, I hope Tom is the bigger man/person and just owns up and does what is best for the child, and that is to regain some sort of functional relationship with the mother.

Last edited:
Guess Tom forgot to bring his "five layers of protection"!

Guess Tom forgot to bring his "five layers of protection"!

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist!

At least this kills the "Tom Brady is gay" and "Tom Brady is intimate with sheep" rumors!

Don't know if this has been discussed, but this whole thing is starting to take an unfortunate & ugly turn & continues to turn into a friggin soap opera...

Bridget's friends are now lying that "Tom broke up with her when she found out she was pregnant." Which simply isn't possible since he broke up with her in mid-November, and there's no way she'd know she was pregnant until mid-December.

Meanwhile, Brady's friends are claiming that Bridget was on birth control and "may have gotten pregnant on purpose" by going off of the pills and not telling him.

I think it's unfortunate for this unborn child that both parties are acting like this. Friends of both sides are basically coming out to sling mud at the other side. Seems pretty dumb to me, albeit natural & somewhat expected.

On the one hand, I gotta side with Tom here, I think there's a fairly good chance considering the timeline that Bridget did "trap" Tom and her pregnancy was no accident...

That said, I hope Tom is the bigger man/person and just owns up and does what is best for the child, and that is to regain some sort of functional relationship with the mother.

Well maybe their friends need to STFU and you need to stop reading tabloid drivel.

"Tom and his family are excited about the pregnancy, and want to thank everyone who has shown support, and particularly for their consideration of Tom's privacy," Brady's agent, Don Yee, told the AP.

I'd guess that thanks doesn't extend many of those posting here since too few comments have been all that genuinely supportive and apparently we just can't bring ourselves as a group to be particularly considerate of Tom's privacy.

Well maybe their friends need to STFU and you need to stop reading tabloid drivel.

"Tom and his family are excited about the pregnancy, and want to thank everyone who has shown support, and particularly for their consideration of Tom's privacy," Brady's agent, Don Yee, told the AP.

I'd guess that thanks doesn't extend many of those posting here since too few comments have been all that genuinely supportive and apparently we just can't bring ourselves as a group to be particularly considerate of Tom's privacy.

I've been supportive, I was merely relaying things I've read in newspapers, online & heard on EEI - none of it was "tabloid drivel" & I agree with you that his and her friends need to shut it. No need to go on the defense.

Who says he's no longer "the Golden Boy" (whatever that means)? Is this a majority opinion or your judgement as an individual? You speak as if it is an absolute fact. As if because you say it is so, it is so.

It's my opinion that there's a portion of the public with a less favourable opinion of Brady due to his recent behaviour. How large is this portion - I don't know but I think it's a reasonable assumption. Do you honestly believe that the public's opinion of Brady is as favourable today as it was three years (or days) ago - both as a person and as a football player?

Your belief that Belichick will use this issue as a means to dispatch a quarterback who has helped win 3 titles is not only ludicrous, it suggests you have a very tenuous grasp on reality or an ax to grind or more likely, not a Patriots fan at all.

Are you mentally challenged? I'm honestly curious because it's the only conclusion I can draw from your inability to COMPREHEND the most basic statements.

I didn't say that Belichick "will use this issue to dispatch Brady". I SAID...and please pay particular attention here....THAT...IF BRADY'S SKILLS CONTINUE TO DECLINE --- are you with me??? --- THAT IT WILL BE EASIER...still there?? --- FOR BELICHICK TO RESPOND TO SUCH A DECLINE --- Are you clear on this point now?????

If you are a Patriots fan (which is in question) and rooting for a team with Brady as its QB bothers you as much as it apparently does, maybe you should look for another team to root for. Brady is under contract for 4 or 5 more seasons. That's a long time to pine away for Marc Bulger.

When did I state or imply that "rooting for a team with Brady as its QB bothers" me??? I'm not pining for Marc Bulger - I simply noted that he has better career numbers than Brady in all but two relevant categories and that had he played in the AFCCG, the Pats would have been in the SB. (Also, he knows how to use protection when having sex outside marriage). It's hilarious to watch you ignore those facts (because you can't dispute them) and instead question whether I'm a fan because I'm objective enough to acknowledge Brady's poor play. You really do need to grow up.

It's my opinion that there's a portion of the public with a less favourable opinion of Brady due to his recent behaviour. How large is this portion - I don't know but I think it's a reasonable assumption. Do you honestly believe that the public's opinion of Brady is as favourable today as it was three years (or days) ago - both as a person and as a football player?

Are you mentally challenged? I'm honestly curious because it's the only conclusion I can draw from your inability to COMPREHEND the most basic statements.

I didn't say that Belichick "will use this issue to dispatch Brady". I SAID...and please pay particular attention here....THAT...IF BRADY'S SKILLS CONTINUE TO DECLINE --- are you with me??? --- THAT IT WILL BE EASIER...still there?? --- FOR BELICHICK TO RESPOND TO SUCH A DECLINE --- Are you clear on this point now?????

When did I state or imply that "rooting for a team with Brady as its QB bothers" me??? I'm not pining for Marc Bulger - I simply noted that he has better career numbers than Brady in all but two relevant categories and that had he played in the AFCCG, the Pats would have been in the SB. (Also, he knows how to use protection when having sex outside marriage). It's hilarious to watch you ignore those facts (because you can't dispute them) and instead question whether I'm a fan because I'm objective enough to acknowledge Brady's poor play. You really do need to grow up.

Can’t dispute? Let’s see:

Bulger (2002-2006): 95 TD, 59 INT, 16,233; 91.3 career rating
Brady (2002-2006) 129 TD, 66 INT 18,715; 88.3 career rating

Playoff record
Brady: 12-2
Bulger: 0-1

I guess I’m missing the part where Bulger has the “better career stats”. What are these two important categories you speak of? Touchdowns and yardage? Yes, those are pretty relevent. You might say they're a little more than relevent, they're actually pretty huge.

Let’s look at Brady’s so called “decline”.
2002: 28 TD, 14 int, 2,843 yds.
2003: 23 TD, 12 int, 3,620 yds.
2004: 28 TD, 14 int, 3,692 yds.
2005: 26 TD, 14 int, 4,110 yds.
2006: 24 TD, 12 int, 3,529 yds.

Those TD and INT numbers look pretty steady to me. Care to disagree? Oh wait, you can’t.

If you’re capable of following along, you’ll notice he threw 2 less TD’s and 2 less int’s from 2005 to 2006. The real difference is the yardage. Brady threw for 581 fewer yards this past year than he did in 2005. I'd also note the Patriots ran the ball 499 times this year, compared to 439 times in 2005.

So what you’re basing this grand theory of yours on is that he threw for 581 fewer yards from 2005 to 2006? Sounds a little irrational. Actually, in light of what's played out over the last six years, it sounds irrational, and moronic.

Incidentally, the Patriots won the SB in 2003 and 2004. He threw for 101 fewer yards this year than in 2003 and 163 fewer yards this year than he did in 2004, another SB season. Whoop-tee-doo. Such a decline there. So huge it's barely noticable.

So let’s recap, 581 fewer yards, a similar season stat wise to two SB years. Keep pissing into the wind and telling everyone how "objective" you are.

As for public opinion? Who cares. Last time I checked, he's not running for president. People have short memories anyway. Six months from now, the kid will be born, everyone will be talking about how great it is, the season will start, and everyone will move on. Except for pin heads with axes to grind. That would be you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore