PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Retires (Update: Shouts out to Pats players, coaches on social media)

I wanted to make some crack about Brady Stans and realized that it sounds too close to Bradystan, and realized that half of you guys would be flashing your Bradystani passport.

There were a bunch of this type of post elsewhere on the thread... it's like a funhouse mirror of our Patriots GDTs. When are people going to understand, sometimes even if you like a team, or a player, they're just not the winners sometimes...

EVERYTHING has been done for Brady since he went to Tampa, starting with building him a turnkey operation, then adding his all world TE buddy to it. He is an AMAZING competitor, QB, and athlete, but he didn't win it all (or go to the championship), and that doesn't mean the defense lost it for him, the playcalling was stupid, or the GM didn't get you all the pieces. Sometimes the guy you like loses.

I appreciate the maturity of the thread, not biting at my "never happen" hypothetical. The guys who did had good takes. For the record, I don't want him back either, and it kills me to say it. Even if it were cheap, you'd be burning a very promising guy who could be here the next 20 years.

Mac will not play for 20 years.

People with a functioning brain. So I get why you will stick to your asinine take of Brady not being loyal.

Bruins29, when you mature you will understand what loyalty means. In the meantime I respect your opinion.

If he retires, does that mean he cannot be a QB coach or something like that?

Since he still has 1yr on his contract.

New official dumbest ever argument I have ever gotten in.

@sb1 judging from it... i have a feeling brady is leaning towards retirement but is potentially considering one more season.

When he retires do you think that Brady could become part owner of the patriots?

Bill Russell was the greatest winner of all time. Because fans with no historical knowledge don't recognize him means nothing. Russell, besides his NBA championships, won two NCAA championships with the University of San Francisco, as well as an Olympic Gold Medal. When you needed to win a big game, there was no one better to have in your corner than Bill Russell.
I can't hold it against fans who didn't see him play, and that's most fans.

I'm not sure but Russell might have been the offensive star at SF and in the Olympics. He was an incredible defensive player in the NBA at 6'9" and he was as quick as a cat. He blocked shots when it looked like he was out of the play and many times he redirected his blocks to a teammate.

I feel blessed to have seen him play, and all it cost me was 25 cents for the train and a dollar to get in.

Dear god, it’s the NFL, not the damn Godfather.
Yea, I don't get this loyalty thing in a corporate environment. Loyalty in business is a two way street.

Well, it is official. Brady has retired. Thank you Tom for two plus decades of excellence.

Well, it is official. Brady has retired. Thank you Tom for two plus decades of excellence.

He always wanted to do it today to not be a distraction during Championship Weekend and let the games breath on Monday. Starting today it’s a black hole until the pro bowl so it’s the best time.

It's official.

I can’t help but feel slighted as not a single reference to NE (or NE personnel/coaching/management) was mentioned…
Or Patriots fans. Perhaps he plans to do something special with the Patriots in the coming weeks and that’s why he didn’t mention the Patriots at all?

Reactions: ALP
Whole lot of prose, not a single mention of the place he won 6 out of his 7 rings.

Didn't even thank the Patriots again but mentioned University of Michigan haha. Brutal that he's not retiring a Patriot. Like I've been saying for 2 years he would trade his 6 rings here for that 1 single ring in Tampa. The GOAT considers himself a Buccaneer. Period.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back