PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Restructures Contract - shifts $24 million

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused. Wasn't he ALREADY never playing for that contract he had for next season?

Is this money saved under the cap? I was under the impression that we were sitting pretty with next year's cap.

Bird grew up poor. Might have something to do with it.

It has a lot to do with it I'm sure.

The point is that Larry never took a hometown discount- even at the end of his career. Nothing wrong with it.

a) Multimillionaire wife and probably hundreds of millions of dollars worth of assets,
b) I doubt Belichick trades Brady before he requires a golf cart to get around, and
c) He wants to win more championships.

Brady is something else.

Brady is a team player more than any NFL player out there, IMO.

Legacy is not making the most $$/year. Rather, how many SB rings are on your fingers.

The Patriots (aka BillB) should clip dead-weight in the off-season to retain more cap $$, starting with Amendola. Also, many of the other players should be asked to restructure as well.

"You know where this will go. It will go for the Krafts to sign another soccer player or add another building at Patriots Place."

"Mike, you are right! You are so right."

Guess who.

Miguel just said that Brady's cap numbers are not going to change. Just heard this on WEEI.

EDIT: This cap stuff is so confusing. I don't know how Miguel does it.

It's also on his twitter site. I wouldn't have expected this to change his cap number.

Question is who leaked this info and why?? Hmmm...... ;)

Once a contract is certified by the league office, it's available to every team, the NFLPA, agents and the public.

I'm looking forward to an accurate analysis of what Brady and the Patriots just did.

It is much harder to get a super bowl ring. The NBA playoffs are a joke compared to the NFL. It is much easier to build a dynasty in the NBA games because a 7- game playoff series all but guarantees the better team wins.

If Brady played the Giants in a 7 game series, he'd have 5 rings by now. Maybe 4 because the Rams would probably win a 7 game series in 01 :b

Really?? Brady is 0 - 2 vs the Giants already. What makes you think he'd figure out that defense and would elevate his game??
Tom Brady "restructures". He still gets his money. Hold off on the sainthood campaign.

Ok, so people around here think now if Brady is cut there is no cap hit.

Does this mean also if we traded Brady we would net cap savings instead of a
Huge hit from the 24
Mil gtd? This is weird. Did Brady just become the most tradeable asset in football?

Why did he do this, confused.

He already was, IMO, but this makes it even more so.

Miguel just said that Brady's cap numbers are not going to change. Just heard this on WEEI.

EDIT: This cap stuff is so confusing. I don't know how Miguel does it.

That was the idea behind my initial query: it doesn't really give the Pats any extra money to play with as long as Brady is still a Patriot.

Really?? Brady is 0 - 2 vs the Giants already. What makes you think he'd figure out that defense and would elevate his game??
Tom Brady "restructures". He still gets his money. Hold off on the sainthood campaign.
Giant fan. Has been forever. Come clean, you'll have a happier New Year.

The Patriots (aka BillB) should clip dead-weight in the off-season to retain more cap $$, starting with Amendola. Also, many of the other players should be asked to restructure as well.

Its going to be a long list. Mayo, Wilfork, Amendola, Solder, Revis* and maybe Vollmer.

Gronk is $8.65 next year. With his injury history they might leave that one alone and not push that one out.

Arrington & Browner are maybes..

BTW . . . as an interesting aside here: Julian Edelman and Jimmy Garoppolo have the same agent.

Who also happens to be Tom Brady's agent. :eek:

BTW . . . as an interesting aside here: Julian Edelman and Jimmy Garoppolo have the same agent.

Who also happens to be Tom Brady's agent. :eek:
Solder's and Vereen's agent is Welker's agent- David Dunn.

That is not going to be pleasant.

Giant fan. Has been forever. Come clean, you'll have a happier New Year.

So you think the 07 Pats would loose to ANY team in a 7 game series? let alone a mediocre 9-7 giants team that got so many miracle plays.

Same with 11 giants. Welker drop, manningham catch, Gronk being injured.

OT, but regarding that graphic, how is it POSSIBLE to have a 4.2 GPA?

When you take accelerated (honors) courses, every "A" counts as 4.50 towards your GPA. That's how people can have a GPA above 4.00, as a "B" would also count for more as well.

While I've taken issue in the past with some of the facts that aren't necessarily true with WPP's sig pic, (Sherman doesn't have a Master's degree, nor was his GPA quite that high), the bottom line is that he has overcome a lot of adversity to make a better life for himself, and that should be celebrated. I can appreciate and certainly understand why some may see him as a role model and/or someone to look up to, even if he's ****y etc.

Still don't get it, I probably don't understand the signing bonus part and how it counts but how does this help keep revis and mccourty?

Brady exposes himself a bit with this deal. He's already playing for little more than half what he could demand. Even if you can't appreciate such a selfless gesture, there is no need to piss on the cornflakes of those who are.

Its going to be a long list. Mayo, Wilfork, Amendola, Solder, Revis* and maybe Vollmer.

Gronk is $8.65 next year. With his injury history they might leave that one alone and not push that one out.

Arrington & Browner are maybes..

Of all those listed, Wilfork may be the most "un-likely", after the fiasco early this year...

Mayo is "more-likely" coming off injury and he has many more yrs on his contract. 10.6million against cap in 2015. 10.4million in 2016. If not, he can be a candidate to get traded and resign Ayers for cheap. I suspect he will be either released or traded in 2015.

Solder can be extended and push $$ towards back-end new contract.

We can all forget about Amendola.

Vollmer has a 6.2million cap hit for 2015. He can be same as Solder.

I don't have anything on Larry Bird, but Schefter's report, as written, on Brady's contract makes absolutely zero sense. If there was, indeed, a restructure (and not just a triggering of the guarantees on the final roster day that got mangled in Schefter's translation), then there has to be more to this story and more to the restructure. There's no reason in the world for Brady to walk away from the guarantee -- unless he wants the Pat to cut him instead of trade him. But, it would still be brain-dead for the Pats to cut a healthy Brady. At his contract numbers, keeping him as a back up would be rational.

I'm going to just sit tight on this one and wait for the real story (if any) to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back